[ ♡ ] .009

Broken Hearts of Literature.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun never really believed in giving his students a final, but he did have them read any section of an old literature piece and write an essay based on the theme and concept of the piece they read. Because finals were so close, he extended the essay a few days after all finals were done for before everyone went on to enjoy their winter break. He expected his students to all submit their essay through the student portal to change for plagiarism or anything before he started to read over them.

 

Baekhyun had been in his office, reorganizing his office as students would enter in and out of his office during his hours to discuss their papers and what to expect. Twenty percent of the time he had one or two students that would throw themselves onto him, expecting that they’d get a good grade for an exchange for something else. But of course, he took his job seriously. Those were the students that were likely to fail his class. A sigh escaped his lips as he got up to gather his things. He packed everything he needed to bring him as his free hand gathered some of the books he had borrowed to return to the library. He checked his watch, not realizing how late it was getting. Baekhyun knew that the library was open late either way, but he didn’t like being on campus any later than he needed to be. With a sigh, he locked up his office before making his way to the other side of campus to the library.

 

It had taken him a good ten minutes to walk to the library, and possibly another five minutes after to get to his car. He immediately entered the library, smiling at the students working in the library until close. He approached them, giving them the books that he had borrowed for his lessons. “Thanks, Professor Byun,” one of the students said, “You’re all good to go, unless you’re checking out more books?” Baekhyun turned his head with a hum, shaking his head. “No, I’m just returning them. No use renting more books if you all are going on winter break soon, right?” They laughed, nodding their heads as Baekhyun bid them goodnight; however, his attention was cut short when he noticed a brunette sitting in a study room alone. Her door wide open.

 

He didn’t realize that his feet had approached the open door—but there he was, standing at the opening. He watched as she ruffled her hair in frustration, papers scattered, two laptops opened, and backpacks adorned the chairs. His knuckles slightly tapped the wooden door, capturing the girl’s attention as she looked up with bewilderment. “Hey,” he called out softly. She stared at him before rolling her eyes and going back to her work. “Why are you here, Baekhy—or no, I’m sorry... Professor Byun?” She asked, venom dripping from her lips.

 

“Lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter