[ ♡ ] .010

Broken Hearts of Literature.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So,” Bona called out as she followed her cousin around the little apartment Nami and Jaemi shared. “What are you two doing for winter break?” Nami eyed her cousin curiously, orange in her hand as she tried to peel the skin off the fruit. “You have that look,” the brunette said. Jaemi glanced over from the living room as she stared at Bona’s face. “She has that look.” She confirmed at the best friends sided with one another. Bona’s brows furrowed as she stared at them. “I have a look?”

 

“Yep,” the two replied in unison.

 

Nami sighed as she slid onto the couch beside Jaemi. “What exactly do you want?” Nami questioned, glancing to her cousin with raised brows. “Nothing! I was just – well, we – were wondering what you two were doing for winter break.” Jaemi raised a brow in question while the pair shook their heads. “We booked a trip to New York for a week or two. Why?” Jaemi asked. “Well,” Bona exaggerated out as she leaned against the counter of their kitchen. “We rented a cabin for two weeks and we wanted to know if you two wanted to come with.”

 

Nami sighed, looking to Jaemi while shaking her head. She didn’t really want to spend time with anyone other than her best friend – if it really meant that she didn’t have to see him. “Well,” Jaemi exaggerated back to Bona, “we already booked our tickets and our hotel… I don’t think we want to miss the opportunity for photoshoots and midnight journeys.” Nami nodded her head in agreement. “It’s non-negotiable, Bobo.” A frown plastered Bona’s lips as she walked over to the living room, watching the two snack on the orange Nami had been peeling beforehand. “Well, when are you two coming back? We really want you two to join us for Christmas and New Years’.” Nami stared at her cousin, humming in response.

 

“I don’t know, we plan to stay for the first two weeks of the break.”

 

“Can you two try to make it? The group misses you two – I miss you.” The pair stared at one another; words exchanged through eye contact. “But you see us every other day. You come by whenever you feel like it,” Jaemi retorted. Bona blinked, clearing : “Yeah, but we haven’t really spent much time since the last time we all hung out – which was two months ago, thank you.” Bona countered. “Has it been two months?” The brunette asked, innocently slipping an orange slice into with an innocent look plastered on her features. “Really?” Jaemi played along. Bona rolled her eyes, “Yeah, well, it feels like our group is falling apart – you two haven’t hung out for a month, even Baekhyun hasn’t come by in several weeks! He doesn’t even let us into his home anymore.”

 

The brunette blinked, turning to her best friend – who, in turn, shrugged her shoulders. The last time the two of them saw Baekhyun was when he sauntered into their study room one odd college night. He wanted to civil with the brunette – and she could tell in his eyes that he wanted to be that night. But she didn’t have it in her to be civil with someone who basically didn’t want any involvement with his student or a friend. There was already too much animosity in the air, and he put it there.

 

“He doesn’t even answer his calls anymore unless it has something to do with work. His own sister can’t even get a hold of him – and it’s all because we pushed him away from you. We thought he wouldn’t make a move on you if we straightened him out, but we didn’t think he’d ignore you or us completely.” Bona pointed to her cousin, who stared back with furrowed brows. “Look, if you’re going to reopen a can of worms that you know you shouldn’t open, I suggest you leave, Bo.” Nami stated sternly. “Yeah, I don’t want to relive any of those days or have to go back and get Na out of her room. Do you know how hard it was for things to go back to normal around here?” Jaemi mentioned, recalling the days where Nami barely came out of her room – unless it was for food or to go to the library.

 

The two Mi’s were peas in a pod. They did everything together, disagreed on everything together and made choices they thought that were right for each other. If Nami didn’t want to go about hanging around her cousin’s friends, then Jaemi wouldn’t either. Besides, it wasn’t too bad for them to have several movie nights or nights out at street markets for street foods. Even back home, they did everything together. Nothing’s going to change now. “Okay, I’m sorry,” Bona mentioned whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter