[ ♡ ] .015

Broken Hearts of Literature.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the springtime grew nearer, so did Bona and Jongin’s wedding.

 

Jaemi let out a groan, knowing that Nami was right. She and Chanyeol had gotten tangled with one another, and it was a back and forth rotation of flirtations. Even Nami and Baekhyun cringed whenever they were around one another. Then Baekhyun told Nami that Chanyeol was dared to sleep with her and Nami told him vice versa. Between them, they didn’t tell anyone because maybe Jaemi and Chanyeol would realize how stupid they were. But then again, neither of them was going to realize it. And then Bona decided that she was going to pair Jaemi with Chanyeol for her wedding ceremony. Hence why Jaemi had groaned because it was the ceremonial practice before the big day in two days.

 

The semester had been going well so far, but the thought of letting Baekhyun know about her departure back to America still lingered in the back of her mind. Nami loved where her relationship with Baekhyun was headed to, and she didn’t want to ruin it for the world – but the thought was there. It lingered with intensity. Especially when Bona and Jongin had paired the two together to walk down the aisle as their groomsman and bridesmaid. They were second after Bomi and Junmyeon – the Maid of Honor and Best man – their best friend and brother. Bona had become Bridezilla especially since she wanted everything to be perfect. Her and Nami’s cousins have arrived a day prior to join them in the wedding ceremony where they were paired with Sehun and Yixing. Everything was going according to plan that even Nami’s parents were set to arrive early in the evening after their ceremony rehearsals per the wedding planner.

 

Jaemi had walked away from the group, going off to befriend the cousins of Bona and Nami. “So,” Baekhyun called out, arm around the brunette’s shoulders as she glanced up to him. “would you want to be my plus one for the wedding?” Baekhyun questioned while Nami blinked – her brows coming to a furrow as she held a playful grin to him. “Are you asking me to be your date?” A pink tint decorated his cheeks as he let out a nervous chuckle. “I mean,” he spluttered, “unless you’re going to reject me, and I’d might have to go cry.” He held onto his chest dramatically, feigning hurt as he pretended to cry. Nami rolled her eyes with a grin still on her lips as she shook her head. Her hands rose to shove his arm with a a laugh. “You’re so annoying,” she commented. “I’m already your partner during the ceremony. What more do you want from me?” She teased while he peeked from all the feigning he was doing. “So, you’ll be my date then?”

 

“Yes, Mr Byun,” Nami uttered while rolling her eyes playfully, “I will be your date.”

 

“God, please don’t call me that.”

 

“…But it’s your name.”

 

 

 “That was the most stressful thing in my life,” Jaemi complained as they’ve come to an end with the ceremony rehearsal. They had taken their places on their designated sides while Bona walked down the aisle without her father in presence until the actual day. They practiced that Daemyun walk down the aisle as the ring carrier. However, the practice went by without a hitch and everything is how it’s supposed to go come the big day. Nami had sat beside Baekhyun, watching as Jaemi slid down her seat with a groan. The brunette stared at her best friend in amusement as the blonde tried to hide herself from the embarrassment that she put herself through.

 

“It wasn’t that bad,” Baekhyun commented with his arm over Nami’s shoulders, only to earn a glare from the blonde. “Yeah? Easy for you to say, you two can actually tolerate one another.” Nami let out a snicker as she shook her head. Jaemi glanced to the brunette, knowing exactly that she was right – and she hoped that Nami would not say anything like ‘I told you so’. “Here,” Nami shifted, turning her attention to her best friend. “do you want me to talk to Bona about changing the set up?” Jaemi perked up, sitting up properly this time.

 

“Talk to me about what?” Bona questioned as she approached the three. Nami turned to her cousin with a bright smile: “See, your friend here would love if you switched her up. I don’t think her being paired with Chanyeol is a good idea.” She explained while Jaemi nodded, pleading the bride-to-be. “I think you should switch it up – pair Jae with Sehun.” Baekhyun suggested with a nod. Nami glanced to him and nodded in agreement. Bona squinted her eyes, staring at the three before finally sighing. “Fine. If it makes you less uncomfortable, I’ll let them know.” And that was settled. Sehun was now paired with Jaemi, following the order that they knew and Chanyeol was paired with Nami and Bona’s cousin – Miyoung.

 

“I’ll see you guys in two days.” Bona mentioned as she sauntered away to speak with her wedding planner about the new change up and to prepare for the rest of the ceremony and the afterparty.

 

“Well,” Baekhyun uttered as he rose up from his seat. His eyes were on Nami as a smile was on his lips. “I have papers to grade; I’ll pick you up on the morning of?” He asked and the brunette nodded. Jaemi raised a brow as she stared at the pair. She knew something was up, and she wanted details – but, at the moment, they needed to get on the road back home. Nami’s parents had called and mentioned that Bona’s father – Nami’s mother’s brother – was going to pick them up from the airport and they were going to stay with her parents. Hence, they’d meet on the day of the wedding. This gave Nami time to finish up her homework and submit them before the due date the night of the wedding. Surprising, she was doing relatively well with the new semester, thanks to Baekhyun for helping her when she needed help with certain texts from her homework.

 

“I’ll see you then,” she replied, bidding Baekhyun goodbye for the day along with everyone who still lingered at the practice.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _._ _ _

 

“He asked you to be his date?” Jaemi exclaimed as they entered their shared apartment. Nami had rolled her eyes for the nth time during their trip home. “Yes, Jae,” she replied, “it’s not that serious.” “Not that serious?” Jaemi repeated with disbelief. “Na, please! This is a step in the right direction. You like him, he likes you – it’s a good thing.” Nami sighed, plopping down on the couch. It is a good thing. A really good thing. She knew that. But that thought. Her leaving when something was happening – it lingered strongly. “Oh,” Jaemi uttered softly, now realizing the expression on Nami’s features. “You still haven’t told him?”

 

“No,” she replied, turning her head to the blonde with a sigh. The two of them still haven’t told their friends that they were leaving yet, but Jaemi had urged Nami to talk to Baekhyun about it. Their blooming relationship was more important than anything – more important than her little bet with the girls. More important than Chanyeol because Baekhyun and Nami had been going back and forth constantly. And now that they were in a good position, Jaemi didn’t want things to end the way it will between Baekhyun and Nami. “Do you plan on telling him, still?”

 

Nami sighed once again, throwing herself to lay on her side. “I do, but I don’t know when or how I’m going to bring it up. It’s a lot harder when things are going the way it’s supposed to.” “Yeah, but it’s going to hurt a lot less if he knew that we’re leaving.”

 

“I’ll figure it out,” Nami stated firmly as she peeled herself off the couch, gliding to her room with another sigh. Jaemi’s eyes followed her best friend. The confliction might be too much for the brunette to wrack her brain around.

 

 

It’s quite remarkable how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter