Chapter 1| Dead Corpse (21st century)

The Devil's Labyrinth

The first chapter I had added some horror, I don't know if it's scary enough but please enjoy the story ^^


Chapter 1| Dead Corpse (21st century)

Heavily panting as a trail of perspiration trickled down your forehead, shutting your eyes tighter your heart raced faster, firmly clenching onto the bed sheets, you felt it harder to breathe due to the pain throbbing within your body. Opening your eyes, you found yourself lying in a hospital room, the room was entirely painted black, with sheets, clothing and walls, everything was purely black… The darkness of the colour black. Sitting up you turned and looked out of the window, the glowing lights of the city shone bright, cars and shadows of people made their way through the busy road.

Turning back around you blankly stared into space, your mind was occupied with strange scenes that you have never experienced before; getting chased through an unknown forest, seeing the dead rise from the coffin and imagining your soul drifting away. Your head started to ache as you held it in pain, hearing footsteps coming in, you stared at the shadowy figure gracefully heading towards you. “How are you feeling?” the person asked warmly as he walked himself to the window, staring through it. “I’m fine doctor,” you replied tossing the blanket aside, you stood up and stepped off the bed. “Your head was mildly injured, but you should rest for a few more days,” the doctor smiled turning to face you, “How did you get yourself into this incident?” You didn’t reply, instead you found yourself inside your own mind, searching for that past fragment of memories.

Concentrating on the road ahead of you, you suddenly heard a soft musical tune, similar to your phone. Leaning over while one hand on the steering wheel, you tried to search for your phone in the handbag with the other. Managing to find your phone you press the answering key, but as you lean the phone against your ear, you realised the amber coloured light changing to red. Pressing hard on the brakes you managed to stop, but a strange force, hit the back of your head, causing you to smash against the steering wheel.

“There’s a lot of strange things happening around me, for the past few weeks, nothing had turned out right,” you thought to yourself as you watched the doctor heading out of the room. Boringly letting out a sigh you turned over to the small table beside the bed. Leaning over you reached out for the jug of water and a glass cup, carefully pouring the liquid into the glass cup, you held it up to your lips. As you gently lifted it up and swallowed a small amount of water, you felt a tight grip around your neck, so tight that you could feel the oxygen escaping from your lungs. You instantly dropped the glass of water and the glass smashed into millions of pieces as water spattered everywhere. Holding onto your neck, you tried to release the tight hold. It felt strange, no one was around but the tight pain felt like something was trying to choke you. Forcefully you felt yourself being smashed against the hospital bed as the pain was numbing your nerves, “What is going on? Why is it like this?” you ask yourself still trying to fight against the aching pain.

Your breathing began to increase you struggle to lose that pain, “Could it be a ghost?” you asked yourself as you couldn’t figure out the main reason of this strange pain. The pain suddenly reduces and you heavily gasped for air. Standing up you ran into the intersecting bathroom, horrifyingly shutting the door behind you. “I must be dreaming, this all is a dream!” you yelled looking up into the mirror, seeing your own reflection you felt tears surging down your face. Your pale skin and lips slightly shocked you, red bloodshot eyes blurred with tears caused you to turn away not wanting to look anymore. But you paused for a second when you saw something strange in the mirror, a person wearing a black coat, the hood even draped over his face.

Quickly turning around you didn’t see anyone behind you. Slowly and cautiously turning back to the mirror, your heart almost stopped beating when you saw the black figure inside the mirror with a head with nothing but a skull and blood dripping down the skeletal skull. Immediately closing your eyes you pretended that everything you were seeing was just a dream, but as soon as you close your eyes, that image couldn’t be erased. A strange loud high pitch scream was heard, making your body feel weak and that you could imaginarily feel a soft icy cold wind crawling up your clothes. Suddenly a deep and malevolence laughter was heard, you swallowed hard as you ignored the sounds by covering your ears. The voices then faded.

Steadily opening your eyes you suddenly felt a strong push, causing you to fall into the bath tub. As you tried to get up the strange force again pushed you back down, the cold water tap suddenly and the icy cold water numbed your whole body. The water was rising quickly, now it was up to your neck as you were struggling to push the force off you. Trying to yell you were instantly pressed down into the water, with all of your force you couldn’t get back up.  

Your vision was getting blurry and your long silky black hair was floating in the water, covering most of your view. A murky shadow could be seen above the water’s surface, reaching out your hand you tried to reach the shadow but then the shadow was getting closer and closer, breaking through the water’s surface a head was seen. You gulped hard as the face was getting closer, the black hooded head with a faceless head was seen. “It’s your time. You’re finally going to die,” the strange person said even though it didn’t look like he was moving his mouth. “What the hell is this?! What the hell is he saying?!?!” you thought to yourself, trying your best to hold your breath.

Your heart was smashing itself against your chest, the loud beating of it was ringing through your ears. The stranger then moved in closer, you noticed the two glowing eyes staring at you from under water. Something sparkled in the moonlight seen from the window, something sharp and deadly… A scythe. The sharp object was getting closer and closer to your neck, “This where you died,” the person coldly said placing the scythe against your neck. The sharp blade cut slightly through your neck, the pure clear water turned instantly bloody and you couldn’t escape the strong hold.     

Biting your lower lips you try to hold onto the pain, but then you felt another hand grab hold of you. Pulling you out of the water, you managed to gasp for air, but then the pain was even more painful, yelling in pain you held your neck in at the aching throb. You felt someone’s arm under you then lifted you up. Looking up at the person, his beautiful brown hair and porcelain skin made your eyes widen. He then stood up and smashed through the glass window, carrying you away, leaving the black figure behind.

***

Placing you down the young male smiled down at you. You then placed your hand on your neck, there was no more pain, your eyes still couldn’t leave his face, it was familiar and so beautiful. “Is he even human?” you asked yourself looking up at him. Shaking the thought from your mind you looked at your surroundings, a dark place… A forest. The cold wind pierced right through you, the dead crumpled up leaves blew over the place, some got caught onto your clothing and hair. “Who are you? Why did you bring me here?” you asked, but the person smirked and stood up, looking down at you.

“L,” he coldly replied still with that smirk on his face.

“L?” you thought, looking at his constant smirk.

“L, Kim MyungSoo,” his smirk widen.

You gulped hard and stood up, “What are going to do with me?” he chuckled at your question. He then took a step closer to you, his eyes were held tight on you, like a lion attacking his prey. You took a few steps back but then he wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him. “I have something I need to return to you,” he said with a strange expression. “W-What is it?” you stuttered. “A body,” he smirked as his eyes glowed a bright red colour, causing your heart to beat even faster.

Escorting you through the strange dark forest, you uncomfortably looked around as L walked ahead of you. “We are here,” he said as you looked down at a giant hole in the ground, through the darkness you could see something solid in the hole. “What is this?” you asked uncomfortably. “This is where dead corpses lay,” he said jumping into the hole. With a lift he carried a coffin up to the ground level, “This where your dead corpses lay,” he smirked opening the lid.

You looked down at the young beautiful girl, her hair was messily bun up and she wore the ancient clothing of around 1000 years ago, with blood stained everywhere over her body. You then noticed something under her messy loose bangs on her forehead, it was a spider web mark. “Why is she here? What forest is this?” you asked frighten of what the stranger might do to you.

“This is the forest of eternal darkness, ‘The Devil’s Labyrinth’… This lady here, is your actual body,”

“That can’t be! You’re a liar!”

“No one calls me a liar… Ever,”

L’s eyes glowed even brighter, steadily walking towards you his eyes didn’t once leave you. Running off you tried to escape from him, but the more you ran, the louder his footsteps could be heard. You didn’t know where you were going, your instincts just told you to keep on running. “You can never escape from this forest, no one could escape the Devil’s Labyrinth, not even god,” the voice echoed, but you ignored it and kept running. After running awhile you saw a glowing light, without a second thought you ran towards it, your eyes widened immediately. Standing before you was giant spider, “What in the world is this place?” you thought turning away and tried escaping, but then the spider wrapped one of its legs around you and pulled you towards it.

The leg suddenly felt smaller and not as sticky as before, looking up you saw L smirking down at you, “There’s no use in wasting your breath,” he said turning you around to face him. “What are you? You’re not human, right?” you asked looking into his eyes. “That’s right, I am a spider demon,” he whispered slowly moving closer to you. “Are you going to eat me?” you asked boldly. Slightly titling his head he leaned in closer, his nose gently caressing yours, “I’m going to savor your soul,” he smirked as he leaned in even closer. His lips gently came in contact with yours.