Chapter 12|The Grim Reaper’s Sin

The Devil's Labyrinth

Chapter 12|The Grim Reaper’s Sin

A blanket of sadness crept over you, as you were wiping the windows in the house, you couldn't get rid of L’s face from your mind, depressingly you sat on the floor laying your head on your knees as tears slowly travelled down your cheeks. Loud irritated footsteps could be heard as you lifted your head up, seeing your master you quickly stood up and wipe the tears. “What are you doing?! Are you slacking off again?!” your master yelled picking up the cleaning cloth and threw in your face, “Remember to clean the floor too.” Biting your lower lip, you held onto the dirty cloth and started cleaning the window.

It was heavily snowing as you carried a bucket of dirty water ready to pour it, but glancing over at the snow, your mind couldn’t erase L’s presence. Blankly staring at the snow you suddenly felt someone bump into you, the bucket of water fell as you looked up at the person in front of you. “I’m sorry, are you okay?” the person asked. You realised it was master’s personal servant, politely you bowed and bend down and picked up the bucket, “I’m sorry, it’s my fault,” you said handing a handkerchief to him, “The water is dirty you should wipe your clothes.” Grabbing it he smiled and wiped his shirt, “Thank you.”

Politely bowing again you dismissed yourself and continue walking down the hallway, but then you felt someone grabbing your arm. Turning around you looked up at him and asked, “Is there something wrong?” “I just want to ask you about MyungSoo, you seem really pale,” he said. “It’s really hard to forget him, I can’t forget him,” you found yourself crying, but then a pair of warm arms wrapped around you. “Don’t cry, MyungSoo wouldn’t want to see you like this,” he comforted, hugging you tighter. Gently pushing away you stepped away, “Thank you for comforting me,” you forced a smile wiping your tears. “I hope you’ll feel better, MyungSoo wouldn’t want to see you like this,” he sighed with a smile.

“I think I’ll get back to work,”

“Me too,”

“See you around,”

“Yeah,”

“Umm… Could I ask for your name?”

“Lee SungYeol,”

“…*smile… SungYeol oppa,”

Opening your eyes in shock, heavily panting you sat up. Ruffling your hair you went to wash up. You woke up feeling depressed, making your way to the dining table, you saw a table full of food. Taking a seat down you found L cleaning up the kitchen, “Oh, you’re awake, did you have a nice dream?” he turned to you with a sweet smile, but from seeing your depressed expression he let out a sigh and took a seat beside you, “What happened? Bad dream?”

“No really, it was quite surprising,”

“What did you see in your dream?”

“Oppa, you know of everything in my past right?”

“Yeah, do you want to ask me something?”

“Well, why is SungYeol apart of my past?”

“Err… yeah he’s a part of your past and the reason why, I can't really explain that,”

“Then how did he become a grim reaper? How can someone even become a grim reaper?”

“You’re asking so much today,”

“Just answer me,”

“…*sigh… A human can become a grim reaper if they had committed a sin,”

“Sin? What sin?”

“The sin of suicidal,”

Your eyes widen as you let out a long dreary sigh, thinking hard you wonder of the reason why SungYeol would have committed suicide. “What is the main reason for him to become a grim reaper and to suicide? Was it because of someone? Maybe the grief of someone who died? L oppa?” you thought asking questions in mind. “You’re not telling me that SungYeol committed the sin because of L? No, no, he can’t be possibly g-ay. No way! …But he was the person who knew about L’s death and tried comforting me about it. Arghh! So annoying!”