Chapter 17| Goodbye Kiss

The Devil's Labyrinth

Chapter 17| Goodbye Kiss

The entire room was completely dark, you sat yourself on the bed crying holding tightly to SungYeol’s puzzle piece. You couldn't sleep a wink for many days, but suddenly a ray of light peered in, looking up, you found L standing at the door. He slowly made his way towards you and sat beside you on the bed. “SungYeol is gone, I think you shouldn’t be so depressed,” L said letting out a long sigh, “SungYeol wouldn't want you to be like this.” “Oppa, I saw what happened to SungYeol’s past, why didn’t use SungYeol’s heart when he gave it to you?” you asked sitting up and crawled closer to L.

“His heart had been stabbed through, I couldn’t use a dead heart,”

“Oh, SungYeol sacrificed himself for no reason,”   

“You’ve managed to attain the third blood, right?”

“Yeah, but there is just a bit left from making my wish come true,”

“What is it? Do you need my help?”

“I… I do need your help,”

Sitting upon the bed, you looked down at the puzzle pieces that you have collected, you decided to attach the pieces together, slowly and carefully, one by one, you joined them together. But when you attached the last piece which was SungYeol’s one, you found your mind aching as it spun around in circles. Your eyes glowed crimson red as you saw the blood drop seeping through your head. That was when you immediately forced it back in and detached the puzzle piece from the rest. Heavily panting as you felt sweat rolling down your forehead. Looking down at SungYeol’s puzzle you thought to yourself, “Does this mean that there isn't three pieces? My one is the forth one? Doesn’t that mean I’ll die too?”

“L,” you started as you held up the two attached puzzle pieces and SungYeol’s one, “If you were to attach the third one, then my blood droplet would be released. After my get my blood droplet, I will disappear.” “So what exactly do you want me to do?” he asked raising an eyebrow at you. Watching as tears travelled down your face he was starting to worry, “I want you attach all of the puzzle pieces together once I fade away and then you’ll become have a heart and would reincarnate and live as an mortal,” you sobbed holding the pieces tightly in your hands, “Please do it for me L.”

“But I don’t you to leave me. You’ll left me for almost 1000 years, I don’t you to leave,” L said making your tears unstoppable, “Don’t don’t this.” “I can’t decide! Either way I have to die, I’m a lost soul and this body, it’s from hundreds of years ago. It would’ve just be dust by now!” you cried handing L the puzzle pieces, “L, please promise me to do this. Please don’t let my wish go to waste.” “I don't need a heart, I only want you, the only thing I need is only you,” L whispered softly with a sigh as you found slight tears in his eyes, “Why should I live without the one I love?”

“L, you have to understand that I have to die and you’ll be suffering for eternity. We are all under the Devil’s curse, he’s playing with us, making us suffer. If one want to break lose, then one have to sacrifice,” you weakly smiled holding tightly to he’s hand tenderly, “Do it for me.” L turned away and handed you back the puzzle pieces, “I won’t do it,” he stubbornly said as you bit your lower lips trying to force back your tears. You picked up the pieces from the bed and moved closer to L, carefully placing them in the grasp of his hand you looked up at him, but he averted his eyes away from you. Gulping hard you leaned in forward and lightly pressed your lips against his, L’s eyes widened and then pushed you away, “What are you doing?!” he yelled. “SungYeol once told me that if you were to kiss me, then you’ll be eating my soul,” you replied with a slight smile, “Isn’t it romantic? To die this way.” L got off the bed and then headed towards the door, “I don’t want to eat you,” he said, but then you pulled him back, bringing your lips together once again.

“Please let me sacrifice for you, I’ve hurt both you and SungYeol. I want to make it up for everything I’ve done,” you breathed out as you forcefully kissed L, “I would always want to be within you.” Suddenly your eyes blazed red and you head was aching, you smiled as you close your eyes and felt as you soul was being tugged away, a trail of tears fell from your eyes. “Goodbye, L,” you whispered as you found you soul being fully withdrawn from your body, watching as your body slowly deteriorate breaking out into dust, the tears from L’s eyes cause your heart to ache. “I’m sorry, please attach the puzzle pieces together, do it for me,” you breathed out as you once again closed your eyes, you felt as your soul was being dragged away by a strange force.