Chapter 11|The Spider Demon’s Past (2-2)

The Devil's Labyrinth

Chapter 11|The Spider Demon’s Past (2-2)

It was snowing that night, the strong blow of snowflakes covered L’s hair as he made his way into the forest. Looking around L tried finding the forest, but it was too dark to see clearly. Suddenly he spotted a dimmed light in the distance, he had the curiosity to follow the strange light. L slowly made his way closer to the light, that was when he saw a small old man holding on the lantern, the man wore a strange old cloak. L stared at the man for a while, but then the man ran off. Chasing after him, L then found himself lost.

Glancing around L didn’t know where else to go. “Spider demon!” L yelled, his voice echoed loudly through the forest. Running around, L called the spider demon a few times, blindingly making his way through the dark forest L then felt a cold breeze blow past his neck. Turning around he couldn’t see anything but two bloody red eyes. “Why are you disturbing me?” the voice croaked. Unexpectedly a light lit up and the light elevated up, which was when L saw the lantern again, looking straight ahead of him he saw a pale small man. His eyes red as blood and his skin pale as snow, “Why are you following me?” the man asked again with his eyes widen focusing on L.

L gulped hard and slowly spoke, “You’re the spider demon?”

“Don’t I look like one?”

“I didn't mean that way. Can you help me grant my wish?”

“…*smirk… Let's hear that wish,”

“To give the one I love freedom and happiness,”

“Pfft! Love? So your wish isn’t made for yourself?”

L blankly stared at the grinning demon, “Can’t it be for someone else?”

“Listen, demons are created in this world to be the enemy of the angels or gods. If you have a selfish and greedy request then I could accept it easily, but all of those love and crap, go ask a god to do it!”

“I came all the way out here to make this request. Please accept it, I’ll do anything,”

“I don't need a human to do anything, you’ll eventually die anyways. Make another wish either wealth, power, or revenge, I’ll accept any,”

“Then make me the wealthiest man on earth,”

“What are you going to do being that rich? You’re not telling me you’ll give your love happiness?”

“…*silence…”

“I could give you another request since, you’re such a ‘lover boy’,”  

“What is it?”

“…*smirk… To become a demon like me, then you’ll live forever and be with your love,”

“No way! I would never want be a demon like you, if I become one then I’ll definitely hurt her!”

The demon then closed his eyes for a short second, letting out a sigh he quickly opened his eyes and stared at L. “I’ll tell you what you are to become and make you do whatever I want,” the demon smirked, stepping closer to L. Without notice L felt the demon’s sharp fingers dig into his chest, blood was soak his clothing as the snow numbed his pain. “Being a demon, you definitely don’t need this useless thing,” the demon laughed as he pierced his sharp nails into L’s chest. Yelling pain L tried removing the demon’s fingers from his chest, but he didn’t have enough energy. Not long enough the grabbed onto something and ripped it out from his chest, L could see his own blood splatter as he dropped to the ground lifelessly. “Sweet dreams, child. When you wake up, you won’t feel any pain at all trust me,” L heard the demon laughed as his pain was unbearable, closing his eyes, L found himself dying. “I’m sorry, I couldn’t give you freedom,” his whispered as his voice echoed in agony.

*End of Third Person (L’s POV)

Slowly opening your eyes, you found your vision blurred with tears. Sitting up you saw L in front of you. You heavily panted as you looked up into his eyes. “Why did you do that for me?” you asked angrily, “Why did you risk you life for me?!” “I didn't want to see you suffer anymore, but even meeting the demon, I couldn’t do anything for you,” L sighed clenching his fist tightly, “You ended up dying and I almost ate you.”

“What happened after the demon took your heart?”

“I woke up and I found that my wound healed, but I soon realised that the demon gave me his heart, that’s why I cannot control myself sometimes,”

“L, I’m sorry I made you suffer, why are you still helping me now?”

“Because you’re the person I’ve been waiting for. After watching you for over 1000 years, I just want to meet you, that’s all I’ve been waiting for,”

You stood up from the bed and move closer to L, staring into his eyes you found yourself crying. “L, why are you doing this to yourself for me? You’ve lost your heart, it must really hurt right? If you want I’ll give you my heart,” you asked, not able to hold back the tears. L raised his hand and wiped your tears, softly sighed, “Its fine, I don't want it, I just want you to be safe, everything I do for you it’s worth it.”

“Sorry to interrupt,” a voice suddenly popped from nowhere. You turned around to find SungYeol clearing his throat, quickly wiping your tears you replied, “It’s okay, why are you here?” “I have bad news,” he sighed.

“What is it?”

“Your father is still alive,”

“How is it bad news?”

“If your father didn't die, then that means you have to continue that promise and find the puzzle pieces, until you find all three, if you do, then you father will live and you’ll die. If you break the promise then you’ll die too,”