Chapter 5| The Visit To The Orphanage

The Devil's Labyrinth

Chapter 5| The Visit To The Orphanage

“Argh!!! Please stop!” you yelled on the top of your lungs as the whip smashed hard against your body, “Sir, I’m sorry!” No matter how much tears or loud yells you cried, your master wouldn’t stop hitting you, it burnt through to your flesh. Even if you close your eyes, you cannot forget it. You cannot forget what had happened. The anger and strong feeling of betrayal, it’s all buried in your blood.

*Flashback

“Umma, here’s the money. Please give it to appa,” you cautiously handed her a bag of money.

“Thank you, I’ll take good care of your father,” your mother smiled as she took the money.

“Umma, thank you for taking care of me and appa for all these years. Appa is really lucky to have married you,”

“As a step mother, this is all I could do,”

.::: 3 days later :::.

That morning as you were doing the laundry, a rapid knock was heard at the back door. Quickly opening it you saw your mother in tears with bruises all over her body. “Umma, what happened?!” you worriedly asked. “Please, darling, I need more money,” she pleaded holding onto your arm, “Your father is badly sick.” “Umma, but I can’t steal anymore money, I’m sorry,” you cried feeling bitter, digging your hand in the pockets trying to find money, but then you pulled out a few coins, “Umma, this is all I have, would it be enough for appa?”

As you mother nodded and held her hand to get the money. Someone pulled your mother back, when you saw who it was your eyes widened. “Appa, why are you here? Aren’t you sick?” you asked shocked. You watched as your father roughly pulled your mother from reaching the money. “Don’t give her money, she had been gambling that the house has to be sold,” you father said, “Darling, I’m sorry.” You father then pulled a small bag of money and pulled your hand out, placing it in the palm of your hand. “Take it, I know it’s won’t be enough, but give it back to your master. I’ll try and find as much as I could,” he said as he forced a smile, “Please be safe, appa will come with more money.”

*End of Flashback

You sat in the corner with tear travelling down your face, you sat in complete darkness as your wounds ached in pain, blood could still be felt as your clothing was drenched with blood. Suddenly a light was seen and then someone entered, you terrifyingly moved back, trying to hide yourself. Then the person moved closer to you, they then bend down and smiled at you. A candle was lit and you saw a familiar face. “Oppa?” you sighed. “Here eat some, you must be hungry,” he smiled at you and handed you a bowl of food. You hurriedly ate it and tried to eat it as fast as you could. “Eat slowly, no one would come,” he smiled patting your back as you were chocking on the food.

.::: A few days later :::.

As you sat in the dark room in tears the door opened again, someone ran in panting and heavily breathing. You shockingly stood up and noticed a familiar face. “Oppa, what happened?” you asked as you noticed his bruised face and bloody clothing. “Your father, has been accused of a murder last night. In a few minutes, he’ll be killed,” he replied trying to catch his breath, “I think master did it to him.” You found yourself frozen, your heart was aching in pain, tears couldn’t stop flowing. “Oppa, can you take me to my appa?” you asked, but he looked down on the ground, unsure, “Oppa, I know you’re master’s trustworthy servant, please help me. I’ll take all of the blame. He let out a sigh and then nodded.

He then grabbed your hand and dragged you to your father. The both of you managed to reach to the killing stadium, you saw your father, he was yelling saying that he was innocent, but no one said anything. “APPA!” you called him, he then turned around in shock and saw you in tears. Seeing you he started to shed tears, he then parted his lips and whispered, “I’m sorry. Please forgive me for not taking good care of you.”

“It’s time!” one of the villagers solider yelled. You kept on yelling as you saw your father being killing in front of your eyes. The scene was horrible that you couldn’t stop crying. But as you crying your heart out, someone pulled you from the crowd and slapped you across the face. “You stupid girl! How dare you sneak out?!” your master yelled kicking up and punching you in the middle of the streets.   

“Where are you planning to go?” L asked as he followed after you. “I’m going to visit the orphanage I grew up in, the ahjumma there is really nice,” you smiled as L scoffed and looked away. You frowned at why he did that. Shrugging it off you continued making your way to the orphanage. Entering the small house, you were greeted with cute adorable children. “Who are you?” the ahjumma asked as she made her way to you. You stared down into her small old tired eyes, it made your eyes teary. You felt hurt as she couldn’t remember you, you’re in another body and watching her caring for the other children you felt heartbroken.

As you continued staring into her eyes, a mirage popped up in your mind, the ahjumma then changed into someone, a male. Rubbing your eyes, you saw your father, from 800 years ago. “Appa,” you muttered under your breath. You couldn’t believe it, the ahjumma that had raised you up has been your father all this time.

Your head started to hurt and it was stinging. Holding your head in your hands, you eyes were hurting too. Looking into the ahjumma’s eyes, your saw your own reflection, your eyes were blood red. Then suddenly the ahjumma held her head in pain, yelling in pain as the children helped her. You then saw a blood droplet in front of your eyes. Everything was back to normal, your head didn’t hurt anymore and the ahjumma was normal too.

You saw the blood droplet in front of your eye, you hesitated to grab it, but then L grabbed it for you. He then handed it to you, but it wasn’t a blood droplet anymore, but a complete white jigsaw puzzle piece. “Why did it turn like that?” you asked him. “It’s a piece of their memory, so it's like a puzzle piece,” he replied with a smirk, “Congratulation, you’ve found your first one.”