Chapter 15|The Grim Reaper’s Memories (1-2)

The Devil's Labyrinth

Chapter 15|The Grim Reaper’s Memories (1-2)

You hastily made your way to the back gate, the moon was brightly beaming down its luminous rays as you carefully opened the gate without making a sound and quickly headed out. But as you took the first step out of the gate, you felt someone’s hand grabbing onto your arm, it wasn’t as hard, but it also wasn’t gently. Turning around in shock you saw SungYeol. “Oppa, you scared me,” you out a sigh, luckily it wasn’t the master. “What are you doing at this time? If master finds out he’ll lock you up,” SungYeol asked looking worried, but you smiled and patted him on the shoulder and replied, “I couldn’t sleep, so I decided to go out for some fresh air.” “Then I’ll come with you,” he said, you hesitantly nodded and forced a smile.

The both of you made your way down the path as you walked beside SungYeol and he held the lantern in his hand, guiding the way. “Umm… Oppa, do you know what kind of place is The Devil’s Labyrinth?” you curiously asked, but SungYeol and looked down at you with suspicion.

“I heard it’s a place without light and the forests were planted as a maze. I also remember some rumors of something about the forest having a curse,”

“Curse? What is it?”

“I’m not totally sure, but I heard that if you were to die in the forest, then you’re being placed in the Devil’s maze, being tortured and played on for eternity, unless you manage to get yourself out from the maze the Devil had created. I don’t think it’s pleasant to die it,”

“But L died in there, does that mean he’ll suffer?”

“I told you it was a rumor, it might be false,”    

“I want to go inside there and check it out,”

“It’ll be dangerous. It’s not a good idea,”

“But I really want to know if L is suffering. I want to know if the rumor is true,”

“If you really want to know, then I’ll go in and find out,”

“Oppa, I could do it myself. I don’t want you to hurt yourself if you go inside there,”

“It’ll be okay,”

“I won’t let you go. Let’s go home,”

You and SungYeol then turned back and headed home, but then you hesitantly glanced back at the forest and turned back around.

Irritatingly walking out of the bedroom you scratched your head as you decided to wash up, opening the door you then stepped in, but out of the blue, L appeared in front of you. “Good morning,” he greeted with his usual cold face. “Good morning,” you smiled back, “What are you doing here in the bathroom?” “I haven’t seen you in awhile, I just wanted to see your face,” L said as you blush as a smile stretched on your lips, “Am I bothering you? Do you need to go toilet?”

“Yes, you can leave now, I’ll see you outside,”

“Um… I heard SungYeol blocked his scythe from killing you,”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“I also know you change the wish,”

“Yeah, and?”

“Tell me what you wish for,”

“No, it’s a secret,”

“Tell me… Please?”

“L, I can’t tell you,”

“…*sigh… Fine, I’ll go cook you breakfast,”

“Thank you oppa,”

“Oppa? You haven’t called me that in awhile,”

“I miss calling you that,”

“I miss hearing it,”

You smiled and took a step closer towards him, elevating your arms you wrapped them around him, leaning your ear on his chest you couldn’t hear anything, you felt your eyes becoming teary, L was icy cold, his body was cold and pale, L then wrapped his arms around. “L, do you miss having a heart?” you asked looking up at him, but he shrugged at your question, “If you one day you were given a heart, what would you think?” “I would be really happy, but if it was your heart, then I won’t take it,” he replied and you just nodded.

***

“SungYeol,” you called as you tried climbing up to the roof, “SungYeol, why are you up here so high?” Carefully making your way towards him, you managed to reach him. Taking a seat beside him, you were terrified in sitting up so high. “You didn’t need to climb up here, it’s dangerous,” he said holding onto your hand, “If you fall, then I’ll be holding on your hand. You won’t fall.” “Thank you, you’re still nice to me like before,” you smiled as you held on SungYeol’s tightly, while trying to look down from the roof, you realise it was really high.

“Is there something you want to ask me?”

“I’m still confused about-”

“How to get the third blood from me?”

“SungYeol I-”

“I don't mind, if it helps you then I’ll let you have it,”

“But I don’t want you to die,”

“It’s fine. Because I don’t mind, if I give it to you, then I’ll be able to remember my past,” SungYeol smiled at you as you gazed back at him with guilty eyes, “I’ll give it to you, so then everything would turn out right, it’ll solve everyone’s problems. Yours and mine.” Before you could manage to say anything, SungYeol wrapped his arms around you, his hug wasn’t as cold as L’s, but it was felt with pain. Suddenly you felt your head aching and then you realised your eyes glowing a bright red.

*Third Person (SungYeol’s POV)

SungYeol watched as her heartbreaking eyes, turned to glance at the forest. Inside he knew the truth of pushing himself in trying to make her love him. After coming back home, SungYeol walked you to her room. “Thank you oppa,” she smiled at him, “Goodnight, have a sweet dream.” “Goodnight,” SungYeol watched as she walked inside her room, closing the door. SungYeol then turned and looked at the moon, it was a full one tonight, but somehow it seems to have been shining down it’s sadden worries down at him.

“But L died in there, does that mean he’ll suffer?”

“I told you it was a rumor, it might be false,”   

“I want to go inside there and check it out,”

“It’ll be dangerous. It’s not a good idea,”

“But I really want to know if L is suffering. I want to know if the rumor is true,”

Those words of her speech scarred his mind, he found his heart aching. Turning to her room he quietly opened the door, stepping inside he saw her laying on the ground with only a blanket draping over her shoulder, her lips were pale and she was shivering. SungYeol then took off the first layer of his shirt and covered it over her. “L oppa,” he heard her mumble, “L.” SungYeol’s found his heart distressed, letting out a sigh he gently plant a kiss on her forehead. Leaving the room, SungYeol ran out of the back gate and to the forest.

SungYeol’s eyes scanned he forest, he then gulped hard and walked inside the forest. “If I were to find out about L’s death, then she’ll be happy. Then she won't risk her life in trying to find out,” SungYeol thought, blindingly walking through the forest. The entire place was dark but suddenly there was a light, SungYeol decided to follow the light, the light floated around within the dark forest, it made him suspicious but he kept his mind in following it.