Prelude| The Beginning of The End (13th century)

The Devil's Labyrinth

Prelude| The Beginning of The End (13th century)

The loud bustling and quick quivers of the leaves blew twitchily with the strong breeze. Whoever was to enter the mysterious woods would never return and disappear, the woods were a place where sunlight never exists and the moon would brightly glow throughout the woods day or night. Once nightfall came, strange whispers and murmurs could be heard, villagers around the area would prohibit anyone to enter the forest when the twilight was present and the moon would glow a revolting scarlet colour.

Pants and quick staggering steps were made as you try to escape the villagers’ soldiers, your hands doused with your own blood made it hard to hold onto the fire torch. Barks from dogs could be heard as you continued to run, the rim of your dress caused you to trip, groaning in pain as you try to stand up. The voices were coming closer and as you stood up and accidently fell into a large hole, trying to stand up straight your eyes widen at the coffin before you. The yells had came even closer and you had no choice but to hide inside the coffin, your mind told yourself that there wouldn’t be anyone inside. “Where is she?!” a voice yelled from outside the coffin. Inside the coffin it was damped and cold, you tried to calm yourself down by taking soft and serene breaths. Soon those whispers and murmurs trailed off, opening the lid of the coffin you quickly light your torch again, you screamed in horror as you noticed that there was a body lying inside the coffin. It was a young male, his face and body had been smeared with your blood.

Tears started to fall from your eyes as you politely bowed and tried to close the lid, as you carefully placed the lid over the coffin a hand shot out blocking you from closing the coffin. A young male sat up and stared at you with his crimson eyes, a smirk was present on his face as you stepped back and tried to think of a plan to escape. His eyes seemed to have locked you frozen, unable to move, gulping hard your heart raced even faster. The male then stepped out of the coffin and looked down at you with a pleased smile, gently placing his hand over your forehead. An aching pain was killing your head, it hurt to the point that blood could be seen dripping from his hand and down your face, slowly down to your neck.

Your vision shortly became faint as the glowing scarlet red of his eyes soon faded and the bright colour red of the moon was draining away, without note your soul drifted away and floated within the winds of the autumn night.