Our crossing path is like math formula

Stay with Me

It’s been nearly a month ever since Seokjin received his friend’s wedding invitation but he was still contemplating whether he should go or not. Seokjin was still busy with his everyday task when his eyes eyeing his bag where the invitation was. He sighed as he recalled his conversation with his brother last night.

 

Flashback

Seokjin POV

I took the invitation out from my bag and kept eyeing it, wondering what I should answer for the RSVP. My friends won’t stop talking about it as it will happen early next month, which is in one week time. Our group message was filled with their excitement, what present should we got for Yunho and his bride and not forgetting some just wanted to know who they would bring to the wedding, which includes question on my non existent girlfriend. I ignored their text and about to sleep but decided to ask my brother for his opinion. I walked to his room and knocked on his door.

“Tae, you still up?” I asked as I knocked softly on his door. After the second knock, the door opened with Tae in his oversized pyjamas and round glasses. He smiled his boxy smiles and make way for me to enter.

“What is it hyung?” he asked and patted his bed, wanted me to sit beside him. I smiled and sat beside him, with the invitation card in my left hand,hiding behind me. I patted his thigh with my right hand and start with,

“Tae do you remember Kahi Noona?”

He frowned and tapped his chin, in a thinking mode I presumed.

“Erm….why does the name sounds familiar?” he said and furrowed his eyebrows. I chuckled and titled my head. Suddenly he widened his eyes and mouth,clapping his hands like a seal.

“Wait, I think I remember her. She’s that pretty noona that always with you right?” I nodded and he continued.

“She’s always come to our house when we’re in German right? She was your first friend there I think,”

“Yes, that’s her,”

“Why brings up about her all of sudden hyung?” Taehyung asked me as he titled his head to the side. I sighed and hand him the invitation card, waiting for Taehyung next word.

“Wait! She’s-“ he stopped talking and looked at me, gulping.

“Yeah, she’s getting married.. to Yunho,”

“Yunho hyung? Your best friend,” I smiled bitterly and nodded my head.

“Oh my God! What a small world!” he said and put the card down,holding my hand in his.

“H-hyung, are you going to the wedding?” Taehyung asked and looked at me worriedly because Taehyung knew all about my feelings for Kahi noona. Because I never date and Kahi noona was the only girl and person I ever like or love.

“What do you think Tae? Should I?” I said and waited for his answers. He sighed and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“I don’t think you should go hyung,”

“Why you said so?”

“Why do you wanna go hyung? To watch her getting married to your friend?  I don’t think that is a good idea hyung.”

“What would you do Taehyung-ah? If it was you, what if your first love getting married to someone else? If..Jungkook is getting married to someone else, would you go?” Taehyung gulped and I can see his eyes starting to tear up as I mentioned Jungkook’s name.

“I-I-I don’t think I would go hyung, especially if he is getting married to my best friend. And its nearly coming true, if its not because of what you did,” Taehyung said and put his arm around my shoulder.

“How-do you-“

“Appa told me everything hyung. Thank you so much hyung for what you did for me,”

“Hey, I would do it again for you Taehyung. You’re my brother,” I said and wrapped my arms around his waist. I sighed and looked at the card on the bed, taking it swaying it in front of his face.

“So…I should say ‘not going’ to this?”

“For your own good hyung,I said it best if you’re not going to the wedding,”

 

End of flashback

 

I shook my head and started walking to the file cabinet when then I heard knocking.

“Come in,” I looked up and saw Jaehwan walking with files in his hand.

“Mr Kim, I need your signature here,” he said and placed the files on my table. I sat down and read everything, before signing the documents as requested.

“Still thinking huh?” he said and pointed to the invitation on my table. I smiled and nodded my head. Jaehwan knew all about my first love story too as we’re quite close and I even asked him to accompany me to the wedding but he refused to follow.

“Yup~ cause someone doesn’t want to go with me,” I answered sarcastically and scoffed.

“Hey, I’m not going to the wedding as your plus one,Jin. Why don’t you ask your fiancé huh?” he said and winked at me. I chuckled and shook my head.

“What?” I said and handed him the documents.

“Well, I think it’s the perfect time to introduce him to your friends, don’t you think so?” he said and walked out from the office, leaving me thinking about his suggestion.

“No. No way,”

 

Its lunch time and as usual I’ll meet Namjoon at our usual restaurant. We have been meeting on every lunch and dinner sometimes. I was replying email while waiting for our order and Namjoon to arrive. I ordered beforehand as I knew Namjoon always ordered his usual meal for lunch.

“Hi hyung, sorry I have some outside meeting just now,”

“No problem. I already order for you,”

“Carbonara and apple juice?” he asked me, eyeing me. I smiled and nodded. We were talking about random thing and some business stuff when then my phone kept ding with new messages.

“Sorry, let me check my phone,” I said and sighed as I forgot the set date for the mute expired today. I opened the messages and saw almost 100+ messages among my friends in the group messaging for Yunho+Kahi wedding. Well, that’s the group’s name of our chatting group. I scrolled and just scanned the whole messages, didn’t feel like I want to pay attention to whatever they discuss in it.

“Important messages?” Namjoon asked and sipped his apple juice.

“Nothing important,” I exhaled heavily and continued to eat.

 

Namjoon POV

Although Jin hyung said it was nothing but I can tell from his expression that he was hiding something. We’ve met so many times that I can tell from his expression alone, whether he was sad, mad, happy, thrilled or just bored. Judging from his speaking tone and his body language after seeing his phone he was currently sad? I don’t know it just said that something wasn’t right about him. I cleared my throat and decided to try my luck.

“Are you okay hyung?”I asked and watched his next expression. He looked at me and nodded his head but from his expression I can tell that he’s hiding something.

“Are you sure?” he looked at me without saying anything so I continued,

“W-well, I mean, if-if there’s something troubling you. Youcantellme but nevermindforgetit,”

 

Seokjin POV

I chuckled as I saw how fast Namjoon talked as if he just rap to me, but I can understand every word he just spoke. I put down my fork and looked at him.

“Namjoon-ah.”

“Hmm?”

“I have questions for you. Well, my friend. A friend of mine just got invited by his best friend to his wedding but my friend here was still thinking whether he should go or not. The problem is not that they weren’t close or whatsoever but because of his bride to be.” I stopped and looked at Namjoon’s face.

“His friend’s future wife was his first love- or so. He never told me the details but that was as far as I know from his story. So do you think he should go or not?”

“What do you tell him hyung?”

“Huh?”

“Well, your friend. What did you tell him? What is your opinion?” he asked me back. I was a bit taken back with that questions but I tried my best to answer him, from a third person view. I shrugged my shoulder and took a sip of my drink.

“I-I’m not sure myself. I just say that he should go for the sake of his friend and just forget about the girl but I don’t think that’s right either. Not going meaning he stills have feeling for her,right?” I said and looked at Namjoon for any answer.

“Do you still like her hyung?”

“Huh?” I was surprised when I heard that from him. I almost choke on my drink but quickly covered my mouth and swallowed the drinks, before I spat it out.

“Hyung, its not about your friend right? Its you, am I right?” I looked at him and sighed heavily, thinking I can no longer lied to him.

“Yeah, you caught me. its me,”

Both of us just stay in silent with no one saying anything so I tried again, cause I seriously need another opinion on this matter and resolved it immediately.

“Do you think I should go or not?”

He his lips and fixed his glasses, which he sometimes wore them because of his bad eyesight but most of the time he would wore contact lenses.

“If you want my honest opinion I would say you should go,” I frowned as I heard that answer from him.

“Mwo? Really? Y-you think I should go?” I asked again, thinking I might hear different.

“Yeah, you should. Because as much as you want to avoid it, I think its best for you to face it and have your own closure,”

I looked at him, wanting him to explain more. He seems to get my message as he smiled and continued,

“Think about it as a movie, you heard so many views on the ending of the movie but people have their own opinion and idea but it all matters on what you think and what you saw. Just like this, your love story have been on going without you realizing it, only for it to be hazy and blurred on the future it holds but now, you have the ending. Isn’t it better for you to see it for yourself hyung? And put an end to it?”

I swallowed hard, trying to digest everything Namjoon just told me. I sighed and looked at him.

“Would you go with me? to the wedding?”

 

Wedding day of Yunho & Kahi

 

Seokjin POV

From: Kim Namjoon

I’ll pick you up at 11am.

 

I sighed and fixed my black tuxedo as I looked at myself on the mirror. Fixing my hair and dust my pants, I gathered my purse and sat on my bed. Tying the shoes, I hurriedly walked outside my room and went downstairs. I can hear my parents chatting happily with Taehyung. 

“Omma,appa. I’ll have to go,” I said and about to walk to the front door when then I felt someone walked behind me. I turned around and saw my mother and Taehyung walked with me to the front door. I frowned and looked at them weirdly.

“Omma,what is it?” I said as I opened the door and a car parked in front of it. Namjoon came out, with smiles on his face as he walked to me, bowed at my mother in process.

“Mrs Kim..Hi Taehyung,” he bowed politely to my mother and smiled at Taehyung.

“Oh, Namjoon-ah. Take care of Jin okay?” she said and winked at him. I rolled my eyes and walked with him beside me.

“Have fun hyungs~” Taehyung added and waved at us.

“Let’s go Namjoon-ah,” I turned and entered the passenger side of his car but shook my head as I saw both my mother and Taehyung was still smiling so widely at us. I told them that I’m going to the wedding with Namjoon and now they were more excited than my friends though I told them I’m not going to introduce him as my fiancé. Throughout the ride, we were quiet because to be honest I was quite nervous to see Kahi noona and also about what my friends would say about us. It’s not that I’m ashamed with Namjoon but they knew I don’t have any girlfriend and to show up with a man, might raise a lot of questions.

“You nervous hyung?” Namjoon said as he stopped at the red traffic light. I turned and didn’t realize it before but he changes his hair colour.

“A bit,” I said, not mentioning anything about his hair colour, that I think suit him perfectly. About 15 minutes later, we arrived at the wedding hall. It was a big event hall but today that change into a wedding celebration hall. A lot of people were already there as we walked to the main hall. With Namjoon beside me, we walked side by side to the main hall and smiled as I saw Kahi noona’s parents. I walked to them and bowed to them.

“Mr Shim,” I said and bowed to the man with white hair mostly covered his head but still looks so handsome.

“Oh? Wait, aren’t you…Seok-Seokjin right?” he said and hugged me. I hugged him back and nodded my head.

“Yes Mr Shim, its been a while.”

“Oh my god! You are so handsome. I know you going to grow up to be so good looking,” I shyly shook my head and hand him an envelope.

“My parents said congratulations and want to give you this,”

“Oh, thank you so much Seokjin-ah,”

We walked into the hall and about to look for a seat when then I heard someone said my name.

“Seokjin-ah!” I turned and saw Mrs Shim walked to us with her white and gold pattern hanbok. She hugged me and patted me.

“Oh my god! Seokjin…how are you?”

“Im fine, Mrs Shim. You look so beautiful.” I said, still holding her hands in mine.

“Ow~ thanks dear. Who is this? Your boyfriend?” she said and pointed to Namjoon beside me. Namjoon smiled and greet her back.

“H-He’s my friend,”

“Oh, I see. Please find a seat. We’ll catch up later honey,” she said and walked to the other guests. I sighed and tried to find a seat near my friends but there were too many people that I lost them.

“Hyung, let’s sit there,” Namjoon said and pointed to the third row on the right side with two empty seat. I nodded and walked with him to the seat. As we sat down, I looked around and saw my friends, Dahyun waved her hands frantically as she saw me and pointed to their right side with empty seat. I smiled and turned to Namjoon.

“I saw my friends there, wanna go there?”

“Oh, yeah sure.” He said and walked behind me as we switched to the front seat but on the left side of the hall. I smiled and waved at my friends as I saw them.

“Hey guys,”

“Hey Jin. Where’s your girlf-“ Doyoo asked me as he saw Namjoon walked behind me.

“Guys, this is Namjoon. Namjoon, the guys,” I introduced them shortly only to receive glaring from my friends and giggled from Namjoon as he waved at them.

“So this is the man that finally wins the heart of The Great Kim Seokjin huh?” I rolled my eyes as Hyoyeon said that, shaking Namjoon’s hand. He smiled shyly and scratched his head.

“No, he is just a friend,” I said and grabbed Namjoon’s hand, wanting him to seat down on my right side, since my friends wont stopped bugging him if they were next to him. Namjoon complied and sat quietly beside me, as many guests started to enter the hall as the ceremony about to start.

“So, it’s a boyfriend huh? No wonder you said you don’t need a girlfriend,” Hakyeon whispered a not so soft voice, making my other friends laughed a little.

“Hey, no worry Jin. We’re not judging you at all,”

“Of course we’re not. He’s hot by the way,” Dahyun said and winked at me. I chuckled and looked at Namjoon, who looks elsewhere but I believe he heard whatever my friends talk about as I saw he smiled a little at that compliment.

“Shut up guys!” I warned them and put a finger on my lips. They still giggled and kept glancing once in a while at us. I covered my face and shook my head, trying not to punch them on their face, especially Hakyeon beside me.

The sounds of beautiful piano coming from the side of the aisle as Yunho, the groom come up on stage, receiving a lot of applause and cheered especially from us.

“Yeah man!” I laughed as I cant believe my friends can be such an embarrassment. From Yunho’s face I can tell he was nervous. I smiled and then another soft melody comes up from the piano, all the guests turned their head as the door opened and in walked the bride of the day. I turned and gasped as I saw how beautiful Kahi Noona was in her white, wedding dress with a long lace veil covering her face.

“Oh my god!”

“She’s beautiful,”

I smiled as I saw her walking with her father on the aisle towards Yunho who waited for her at the front. Applause can be heard and cheered were continued until she stopped in front of Yunho. The priest started his speech as the couple faces each other. Somehow I felt envy as I can feel there’s so much love in their eyes towards each other.

“Jung Yunho, do you take Shim Kahi to be your beloved wife?”

“Yes, I do,”

My smiles falter a bit as I heard that coming from my friend’s mouth. I tried to calm myself as I swallowed hard and clenched my fist together.

“And do you Shim Kahi take Jung Yunho to be your beloved husband?”

“Yes, I do,”

“You may kiss the bride,” the priest said as they slide rings on each other hands. They face each other with smiles on their face. My eyes started to fill with hot liquids and suddenly I felt suffocated inside my chest, but I don’t want my friends to see that so I tried my best to smiles but failed as they kissed each other so passionately. My clenched fist was held by someone as I looked at my hands and saw Namjoon hands holding my hands in his, in a reassuring manner. His warm hands somehow calmed my heart as he kept caressing my hand with his thumb. My shatter heart was calmed for now as I let his hands holding mine.

 

“I’m so sorry guys. I really have to go,”

“Are you sure Jin?”

“Yeah,” I said and waved at them as I walked to the front door, where Yunho and Kahi noona were. It was the after party session but I don’t think I can be there any longer.

“Hey congratulations man,” I said to my friend and hugged him. I smiled at Kahi noona as I saw how beautiful she was tonight.

“Thanks for coming Jin-ah.” Kahi noona said as she put her hands on mine. I smiled and nodded at her.

“Hey where’s your girl man?”

“It’s a boyfriend,” my friend teases as they pointed to Namjoon who stood not far from us. I shook my head and walked to Namjoon.

“He’s a friend,”

“Congratulations,” Namjoon said as he shook Yunho hands and bowed to Kahi noona.

“Wow, he’s gorgeous. You guys make a cute couple,” Kahi noona said and winked at me.

“Thanks,” I said, getting fed up with their little feud.

“Got you! See! I told you there are items!” Hakyeon said and clapped his hands like a happy seal. I message my temple and shook my head.

“Whatever. Gotta go man,” I said and walked with Namjoon towards his car. I sighed in relief as I sat on the passenger seat, my top shirt.

“You okay hyung?” Namjoon said as he started the ignition. I sighed and closed my eyes.

“Can you take me to Han river?”

“Yeah sure,” he said and drove away.

 

Namjoon POV

The ride was equally quiet as before but I can tell that Jin hyung has mixed feeling now. He was sitting quietly, not crying not whimpering or anything. He just stays still and when we’re almost there I parked the car, turning the ignition off.

“Hyung, we’re here.” I said without touching him. He opened his eyes and took off the seat belt, going out from the car without any words. I hurriedly followed him and saw him walking tiredly to the river side. I watched as he squat down and buried his face on his knees. I left him alone, because I know he needs to sort out his feeling and head right at this moment. I sat not far from him, watching him sat down indian style, playing with the little rocks, throwing them into the river.

“Namjoon-ah,”

“Ey hyung?” I looked at him and saw him wanting me to sit beside him. I walked to him and sat beside him.

“Thanks for today. Thank you for accompany me to the wedding. Thank you for staying beside me, and I’m sorry I said you are my friend,”

“Your welcome hyung. And don’t worry we are friends, aren’t we?” I said and titled my head as I looked at him. He smiled and got up, ready to leave when then I grabbed his hand. I got up from my sitting and with one knee bended; facing him I looked up at him.

“Namjoon-ah,wha-“

“Hyung, Kim Seokjin. I know our marriage is an arrange marriage but I want to do it properly and that first step in marriage starts with one important question. I won’t ask you do you love me, I won’t ask you to stay with me but I will start with, will you marry me Kim Seokjin?” I said and took out the black velvet ring box, showing it to him. He gasped as he saw the ring and kept looking at me.

“N-Namjoon-ah-“

“You said you want a spontaneous proposal and actually its hard hyung. I mean- I kept delaying it because I don’t want to ruin the mood and I don’t know when the perfect time is as we’re both too busy. And on our every lunch date I always bring this, wondering when is the proper time to propose to you but today. Today after I saw how hard it is for you to hold yourself, how broken you looks make me thinks. I want to protect this man, I want to see only smiles on his face, and no sorrow at all,”

 

No One POV

Seokjin was still in shock and his heart melted as he heard the sweet words coming from Namjoon.

“So let me ask you again, Kim Seokjin will you marry me?” He swallowed hard, trying hard not to cry as Namjoon propose to him, again. Jin nodded his head and smiled.

“Yes I’ll marry you,” he said and in that instant Namjoon slide the ring on his ring finger and stood up, but both were only standing as they aren’t sure was it fine for them to hug or kissed each other. Seokjin tried to be brave and held Namjoon hands in his, locking their hands together. Namjoon smiled foolishly as his planned somehow succeed.

 

Namjoon stopped in front of the big mansion and got out together with Seokjin. Seokjin was still in shook and still overwhelmed with the spontaneous proposal. He kept glancing once in a while to his finger and caresses the ring.

“So…I see you on Monday?” Namjoon started as he scratched his neck, looking at Seokjin expression. Jin nodded his head and smiled.

“Yeah, see you Monday,” Jin was about to enter his house but stop half way and ran back to Namjoon.

“Thank you Namjoon-ah. For today,”

“No hyung. Thank you. For accepting my proposal,” he said and smiled shyly towards Seokjin.

“Well, we are in agreement so even if I say no, we are still gonna marry each other,”

“I know hyung but..I want to do this the right way,” Namjoon said and walked closer to Jin. Jin swallowed hard as they stood so close to each other. Jin was nervous as he eyed Namjoon’s face and to his lips. He has this sudden urge to kiss him but quickly shook his head as Namjoon step back and touched his arm.

“Night hyung,” Jin was back on earth as he heard the car’s door close. He waved and quickly walked inside.

 

Somewhere on the second floor, someone saw everything and though he can’t hear a word but he can tell from the expression of both boys that something was already there.

“Looks like your fairytales is about to begin hyung,” Taehyung said and leaned against his balcony.

 

A/N: Hello Army!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!!!!!!!! so this is my first update for this year...do comments and subs~ Borahae ARMY!! 

*Only NamJin here...others are coming in next chapter* =)