For You

Stay with Me

Jimin POV

A lot of things happen today. A lot for me to take and absorbs, though it’s not the subjects but the surprise proposal event? I chuckled as I kept remembering what happen this morning, suddenly Yoongi hyung words struck me again as I recalled;

 

Flashback

We were leaving by ourselves as Tae and Jungkook decided to leave us to ‘discuss’. I mean, yes it’s a lot of thing that I need to know now. I change my seat and sat in front of Yoongi hyung. He wasn’t showing slightest bit of emotion, nor happy or sad or afraid or surprise, which amazed me most of the time but this time, I am panicking.

“Hyung, you do realized what it means now don’t you?” I started. He leaned against the chair and nodded.

“what now? I-I know yes, we are ‘officially engage now’, but what’s next? Do you really think my father, our fathers going to agree to this?”

He was quiet so I continued.

“You do know how my father is right? I mean-he-he would certainly go berserk when-“

“Jimin-ah,”

I stopped and looked at him.

“When you ask me to help you, what do you actually had in mind?”

“huh?” I swallowed and looked at Yoongi hyung. I am quite agreed with him, I mean- I do want him to help me but do I really think he going to agree, well half of my heart say yes, half of my heart say no but I just hope he can pretend that we’re dating and that will cuts the deal.

“Do you think pretending we’re dating going to cancel your wedding arrangement with Jungkook? I don’t think so,”

“So you think marriage is the answer?”

“Yes,”

“but-you know-“

“I know Jimin. I know how’s your father is. But please just trust me. And also you need to be strong when you get home because I think your father will surely know,”

“W-what?” I frowned as Yoongi hyung showed me his phone. I was blank when suddenly the video of Yoongi hyung’s proposal went viral.

“I am so dead now,”

End of flashback

 

“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? HUH?! WHAT THE F-“

“Honey calm down, you said you will be calm,”

I swallowed hard as my mother now tried to calm my rage father. I stopped the video and placed his phone on the coffee table in the living room. I was standing awkwardly in front of my father with my mother beside him, holding his arm.

“I-am-calm.” He sighed heavily and tried to be composed, I believe. I was petrified at this moment because the fact that I am the only child makes my father stricter on me. Some people might say I am a spoilt rich kid, but Dear Lord I am so far from that.

“Since when? This thing between you and Yoongi?”

I swallowed and looked at my father, trying to answer his question.

“2-2 years ago,”

“What?! 2 years ago?! When?”

“Du-during the Christmas break,”

“you mean when Yoongi was here sweetie?” my mom said and walked to me. I nodded and answered them, trying to meet my father eyes. He sighed and shook his head.

“I don’t believe this. I don’t believe you!” he shouted and pointed at me, making me almost fell down.

“Honey please,” my mom walked to my father again and tried to calm him down.

“Because why he only tells us about this now? Huh?! When we already set him with the Jeon’s?”

I looked down and tried to calm myself as I was shaking so hard right now.

“Is this your plan, Jimin? Or is it Yoongi’s? To cancel the wedding,” my eyes went large as my father said that.

“! Did he knows? How did he know? He cant know? This cant be happening. I am screw,” I was shouting inside my head, almost cried as I was dealing this by myself.

“Yeobo, I think we better stop. Meet them tomorrow and solve this okay?”

“Yeah,yeah. Tomorrow Jimin, we’re going to meet your uncle and Yoongi. Early morning.” With that my father storm off to his study leaving trembling me and my mother behind. My mother walked to me and caresses my back.

“Take a shower and sleep. Okay sweetheart?” she said and kissed my temple. I smiled and nodded my head.

“Okay mom,” with that I walked to my room and shut the door. I was still shaking and took out my phone ready to call Yoongi hyung.

“Should I call him?” I was going back and forth inside my room with my phone in hand, still contemplating whether to call or not.

“What do I do? What do I do?”

“Argh!!!” I was shouting and nearly threw my phone when it suddenly rang.

Yoon Ney

“Hyung!” I answered the phone.

“Your father just call my father about the meeting tomorrow,”

“Oh? R-really?” I sighed and flopped on my bed.

“Yup~ so we’re skipping class tomorrow,”

“Hurm~”

“Hey, you okay?”

“I nearly got kill just now but I am still talking to you, so yeah. I am okay,”

“Relax Chim, we can handle this ok,”

“Its easy for you to say. Uncle Min is angel unlike my devil father,” I said the word devil not so loud, afraid my father could hear me.

“Haha~ Yeah, my father not that so much of an angel, I just know make a deal with him,” I sighed and looked at the ring he gave me.

“So, see you tomorrow,”

“Ok hyung,”

We both hung up and I closed my eyes, feeling exhausted.

“Why is this happening to me?”

The next morning

No one POV

Jimin and his father were currently waiting for the Min’s at the hotel restaurant and as requested by Mr Park, they are been given a room for closed discussion. Jimin rolled his eyes as they entered the room, because the room reminds him of a drama where secret government meeting were held, where the minister was planning some evil plot to overturn the president or something. Mrs Park refused to join the meeting as she believe Jimin’s father can handle this stuff. Jimin refused to believe that.

Jimin kept looking outside, sensing the awkwardness between him and his father. Being the only child, Jimin father were so strict that Jimin always obey his father every request. Go to boarding school, cello lesson, swimming class, even taking Accounts as his major program when he’s actual dream is to be a profesional dancer. But Jimin gave up his dream as his father wants him to take over their business and study more on accounting.

His father kept looking at his watch, because he hates waiting and Jimin knows that so much because there’s one time when Jimin was 9 years old, he was too busy playing with his friends that he forgot about his father that came to pick him up after his tuition lesson and his father grounded him for 3 weeks just for being 10 minutes late.

“Brother in law,” Jimin turned his head and got up as he heard his uncle’s voice. He bowed and then saw Yoongi beside his father, all suited up. Jimin almost giggled when he saw Yoongi in suit, but tried to suppress his laughter, because this is a serious matter. Yoongi bowed at Jimin’s father and about to sit beside his father when then Mr Park stood before him and slapped him hard on his face.

“Appa!” Jimin shouted and covered his mouth as the sound radiate throughout the room. Mr Min was watching with his eyes, but still remain calm.

“How dare you!”

“Brother in law, please. We come here to discuss,”

“Hello Uncle,” Yoongi smiled as if he wasn’t just being slapped and took his father arm and sat in front of Jimin and his father.

 

Jimin POV

“How could you propose to my son? What is your right?! Do you know how ashamed I feel right now?”

My father start, I watched as both my Uncle and Yoongi hyung have different expression on their face.

“I want to apologize on behalf of my son behavior Brother in law. I- I should have taught him well,”

“I want to accept your apologize, but what happen now? What about our family dignity? I was so ashamed to face the Jeon now. Not only them, but all my friend,”

“Then let me marry your son.” I looked up and looked at Yoongi hyung.

“And why should I do that young man?”

“Because only then that we can save you from the humiliation as so you called it.”

“Yoongi!” my uncle tried to stop Yoongi hyung but he continued, its like he was challenging my father.

“I want to marry Jimin, because I love him,” I swallowed hard and my heart was beating so fast.

“Why am I so nervous? It’s a fake relation but why am I so nervous?” I whispered inside my head.

“And for that I have to accept you?”

“I know you will say that but Uncle, do you know that for the first quarter of the year, our company made more than 8 Billion USD? And that from Japan alone.”

“What are you doing son?” my uncle was a bit startled at Yoongi hyung’s action. He ignored his father and took out some document from his bag.

“Because I know why you choose the Jeon out of all the Top 10 riches family in Korea. You want Jimin to marry to the Kim, but looks like CEO Kim was being arrange with another Kim, so the next best choice is Jeon as they made more than 20 Billion USD per year.”

“Yoongi!”

“I know what you think of us Uncle. I know how you always look down on my father,” I swallowed hard as I heard everything from Yoongi hyung’s mouth.

“And we also know you will never agree with our relationship if we ever told you. That is why we-keep it down all this years.” He looked at me and I can feel my face was hot all of sudden.

“Am I blushing? !” I shouted inside my head.

“But rest assures uncle, our family fortune wasn’t that bad at all.”

Suddenly Yoongi hyung stood up and bowed his head.

“I have to go now, because I believe you two have something to discuss. Jimin,”

“Ey?” I looked at Yoongi hyung and saw his hand in front of me. He gestured me to take his hand, so I held his hand and he pulled me up from my seat and we both walked out, leaving the hotel.

 

We were inside Yoongi hyung car as he s his shirt and sighed.

“Man, that is exhausting,” he said as he leaned against the seat.

“Hyung are you alright?” I said and looked at him worriedly. He touched his cheek where my father slapped him and turned to me.

“Gosh, that hurt. And he even slapped me on the same spot.”

“Same spot?”

“My father beat the hell out of me yesterday after he knew about the video,”

“He did?!” I was surprised to hear that because Uncle Min was actually the calmest man I’ve ever known, but turn out I was wrong.

“Yeah, but don’t worry. I am fine,”

“Hyung. I-I am so sorry to drag you in my problem. I just don’t know who to ask. I- I am so sorry,”

 

Yoongi POV

I chuckled as Jimin apologize to me repeatly.

“Hey, relax. I am the one who agreed with this. Don’t cry okay?”

“WH-who’s crying? I am not crying,” he said in his nasal voice and tried to rub his eyes and snot.

“Really? Then what’s with the red eyes Mini Min?” I said and pointed to his teary red eyes.

“Yah! don’t call me that!” he said and slapped my hand away. I laughed and drove us away from the hotel.

One hour driving and now here we are in Gangnam area.

“Hyung, what are we doing here?” Jimin said as he got out from my car. I threw my jacket to behind seat and locked the door.

“Well, you’ll see,” I said and walked with him to one of the top jewelry store.

 

Jimin POV

Yoongi hyung parked in front of a top jewelry store. The sign read Cartier was a double story shop lot along with many other shops beside it. The door was opened by one of the worker, suited up in a nice tuxedo and white gloves on both his hands.

“Welcome sir,” I bowed back at him and walked inside. I was amazed as I saw all the shining jewelry. I never went to one before because I am not much of a jewelry type of person. I wore silver mostly but never something so expensive before.

“Jimin-ah come here,” Yoongi hyung called me and pulled me beside him as we both looked at the jewelry inside the transparent box in front of us. A lady who entertained us pulled out some of rings in front of us.

“What do you think of this?” Yoongi hyung ask me as he showed me a ring with mixture of yellow, white and rose gold with diamonds but it’s unique as though there are three rings stuck together.

“Wow! This is beautiful,” I said and took the ring, twirling it around to look at it.

“Good choice sir, its one of our latest design and it comes in pairs,”

“Great, show me another pair,”

The lady pulled out another ring that look similar but with no diamonds on it. Yoongi hyung took both of the rings and took my hand. He slides the ring with diamonds on to my ring finger and another ring to his ring finger and compared both our hands.

“Erm…its perfect,” he said and smiled.

“Aish~ stop beating so hard heart,” I whispered as my heart was beating so hard right now.

“H-hyung,”

“I take these rings,” Yoongi hyung said and pulled the ring off.

“Sure sir, I’ll wrap it up for you,” she said and took both rings. I was too stunned but then I find my voice again as I cleared my throat and looked at him.

“Hyung what’s the ring for?”

“Our wedding ring,”

“Mwo?!” I covered my mouth after I say it quite loud. I pulled him away, afraid people might heard us and looked at him.

“Hyung, our parents is still in discussion. How can you be so sure there will be a wedding?”

“Relax, my father will convince your father to do so,” he said confidently and smiled his gummy smile, which sometimes I find them to be cute. Sometimes.

“and how do you know that?”

“Well Jimin its in our blood. We are able to convince no matter how difficult that person could be,” he said and winked at me.

After paying for the ring, we went to the mall and going to the restaurant to eat. We were sitting in a restaurant and it happens to be my first meal for today so I was starving. My stomach is beginning to make weird sounds every now and then.

“Yah! don’t you eat anything since morning?” Yoongi hyung asked me without taking his eyes from his phone.

“How can I eat when my father was so close to disowning me?” I gritted my teeth and tried to punch my stomach from making any noise.

“don’t worry he wont disown you,”

“Oh yeah? Why is that?”

“Because he doesn’t have other children. If you have another sister or brother, for sure you will be leave under the bridge,”

“YAH! Hyung!”

He was giggling and chuckling as he makes fun of me then the food arrive. I tsked and ignored him as I was too hungry to be angry now. We were calmly eating our food when I have this bad feeling that people were staring at us. I looked up and saw some of the customers were taking their phone and I believe they were snapping pictures. They were also smiling and giggling.

“Hyung,” I said with my mouth still stuffed with food. I looked at Yoongi hyung but he was too busy eating to hear me.

“Hyung,” I tried again and this time he looked at me.

“What?”

“I think we’ve been watched,”

“What are you talking about?” he said and looked around. I tried to look as well and more people were still watching. I felt so uncomfortable just like we’re animal in the zoo.

“Hyung I don’t feel so good,” I said and put down my cutlery. Yoongi hyung seems to notice that and nodded his head. We walked to the counter to pay but more people were walking closer to us. I swallowed hard and prayed to be invisible now. Yoongi hyung wrapped his arm around me after he paid for our meals. We ran as fast as we can to his car and locked the door.

“Gosh Thank God I got the window tinted,” he said and exhaled heavily.

“Who are they hyung?”

“Probably just people who watch my proposal video to you,” he said and smiled proudly.

“What? Seriously? That is creepy,”

“Be prepared Jimin. We are famous now,” he said and speeds away.

 

 

Seokjin POV

“Oh my God! That is so sweet!!!” I looked up from my laptop and saw Jaehwan was smiling and squealing like a seal as he looked at his phone.

“What are you watching?” I said and removed my glasses.

“Man, have you seen this video? This man proposes to his boyfriend in the most romantic way ever~~” he sang the last part and showed the video to me. I was watching in awe and smiled widely when I recognized the person inside the video.

“Isn’t that Jimin?” I said and took the phone.

 

After watching the video, I called Taehyung and asked him about the video. He said that’s part of the plan to cancel the Park-Jeon wedding arrangement. I can’t believe they plan that’s far just to cancel the wedding. But of course Taehyung make me swear and cross my heart not to tell anyone about their plan. Understand just how mess up this entire thing is makes my head ache even more.

“Just what is happening? Poor kid,”

 

Ding! 1 new message

From: Kim Namjoon

Lunch at our usual?

 

To: Kim Namjoon

Yeah. See you at 1 pm

 

We, me and Namjoon sometimes meet up, to get familiar with each other and of course to make our parents leave us alone and believe we are getting to know each other better before the marriage. I was waiting for Namjoon at our usual meet up place, a restaurant not so crowded with employees from our company and also from his company. I ordered my usual lunch meal, a chicken and mushroom risotto.

“Hyung, sorry the meeting lasts longer that I thought,” Namjoon said as he approached our table and sat down, trying to catch his breath.

“Don’t worry, I wasn’t here that long,”

“Have you order?” he asked and scanned the menu. I nodded and he waved his hand at the waiter.

“I have carbonara and apple juice please,”

We were waiting for our lunch when then he took out his phone and looked at me.

“Hyung, have you seen this video? It was so sweet and-“

“If you are talking about that propose video, then yes I watched it,”

“You know what is funny? I know them both.” I looked at Namjoon and gasped. Suddenly everything struck me, yes the night at the club. I saw the man who proposes to Jimin too, he was one of the rapper with Namjoon that night.

“Wait you know Jimin and who’s the other guy?”

“He’s Yoongi. I know him from the underground rapper club. Of course as a rapper he uses other name. He’s Suga,” I nodded in acknowledgement.

“So what do you think hyung?”

“About what?”

“The proposal?”

“What’s about it?”

“Don’t you have your own proposal dream? How someone should propose to you or how you gonna propose?”

I almost spat out my drink as I heard that coming from Namjoon.

“Yeah, I think that is sweet but I think I prefer something spontaneous.”

“Spontaneous?”

“yeah, from the video, you can see how details and planned the entire proposal is. From the song choice, the placard, the situation he choose, I applaud his effort. But I think I am more moved if the proposal is unplanned and spontaneous,”

“Ahh I see,” Namjoon said. After that both of us were just quietly eating our lunch.

 

That night

Seokjin was lying on his bed and just browsing through the internet when he thought back to the conversation he had with Namjoon during lunch time.

“I wonder what he is thinking. Wait! Will he propose too? No way,” I whispered inside my head and shook my head, trying to erase the thought away. Seokjin kept quiet what he knew about Yoongi-Jimin situation from Namjoon because Taehyung already made him swear. Seokjin fell asleep right after he closed his night stand.

 

Namjoon POV

“Spontaneous? How can I be spontaneous?” I kept thinking on how to propose to Jin hyung over the past few weeks. Right after we agreed on this marriage, our family had another meeting without us to discuss details before asking us for the last stage of preparation.

I walked back and forth but still have no idea.

“I should read or watch something for idea,” Hoping to have some nice and sweet proposal for Kim Seokjin.

 

A/N: New update for my lovely readers. Thank you for reading and commenting~ Borahae