Drunk

Random Red Velvet One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi took a seat at the kitchen table, her head spinning. The whole room was rocking back and forth as if she were on a boat. She watched as her leader rifled through the fridge for a midnight snack, and wondered if Joohyun was as drunk as she was. Probably not. The older girl was easily the most responsible of all of them; it would be out of character for her to indulge so heavily in the lemon-flavored soju they had shared with their friends at the club. On the other hand, Joohyun was not the type to eat so late at night, and cold pizza was certainly not something that tickled her palette when she was sober.

“Do you want a slice? There’s still pepperoni leftover from yesterday.” Joohyun asked, holding the half-empty box up for Seulgi to see.

“No, I’m fine. Thank you though.” Seulgi responded carefully, trying to keep her words steady and coherent. Sitting down had brought her to an alarming conclusion: she was much more inebriated than she’d previously expected.

Joohyun sat down next to her monolidded groupmate, devouring the pizza as if it were the last meal she’d ever have. Seulgi stared at her leader intently, her drunken mind refusing to allow her to wrench her eyes from the adorable mannerisms of the red-faced, goddess-like girl beside her. Seulgi found herself concentrating on the childish way her leader’s cheeks puffed out when she took a particularly large bite, so much so that the younger girl was unable to contain herself and fell into a fit of giggles. Joohyun looked over mid-bite, a string of cheese connecting her pursed lips to the end of the half eaten slice.

“What?” she asked nervously, her voice coming out muffled behind a wall of semi-chewed pizza.

“You’re eating that pizza like you’re about to die!” Seulgi said, laughing in full now, doubling over and clutching her stomach.

Joohyun’s face reddened further.

“I’m hungry, we were dancing a lot tonight!”

“No, you’re just drunk,” Seulgi said wisely, “Pizza is amazing when you’re drunk.”

“I am not drunk!”

“You also never talk with your mouth full sober.”

Joohyun’s eyes widened and she covered in shame. Seulgi’s bellowing laughs rang through the kitchen once again, earning her an angry shush from her leader.

“I just sent Yerim and Sooyoung to sleep, don’t disturb them.”

“Oh, I’m sure they’re sleeping. Did you see them when we walked in? They looked like they were about to make out.”

Joohyun finally tore her attention away from the food and turned to Seulgi with a look of pure shock on her face.

“No they were not.”

“Oh, but they were. You weren’t looking but I saw it. The way they held each other, how close they were… yep. They’d make a good couple, too, in my opinion.”

“But they can’t date,” Joohyun said plainly, “Yerim’s too young for that, and they’re in the same group. Do you know how complicated that would make things?”

Seulgi looked down, the mirth leaving her body and replacing itself with an anxious sadness that crept its wicked way up .

“So you’re against dating within the group, huh?”

Seulgi didn’t mean to word it that way; the question contained way too much implication for her liking. She silently prayed that her internal regret wasn’t painted on her face.

“Well, it depends on the people involved, to be honest,” Joohyun said, returning to her pizza, completely unaware of the emotional lightning storm that was beginning to form in her friend’s gut, “Sooyoung is too flirty for that. I feel like she’d end up hurting Yeri. Not to mention that Yeri is still immature, so she’s not ready for that kind of thing yet.”

“What you’re saying is that if they were older and more mature…”

“Exactly. Then it would be fine.”

The two girls were then quiet for a bit, Joohyun getting herself another slice of pizza and a glass of water, Seulgi settling with sipping on a can of club soda. The alcohol’s effects were still working their sweet  magic on Seulgi, and she found herself watching shamelessly as Joohyun went about her movements in the kitchen. The older girl’s revealing red dress allowed Seulgi to catch short glimpses of her leader’s glowing thighs. The younger girl caught herself on several occasions, looking away rapidly only to return to her sly gazes as Joohyun’s legs drew her in with their mesmerizing creaminess. Inevitabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter