First & Second

Random Red Velvet One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung entered the dorm last, shutting the door behind her. As she turned around, she could already feel the shift in atmosphere from lighthearted to solemn. It was almost instantaneous. Joohyun and Seulgi had ceased their laughing, the former girl now staring at Seungwan with what looked like a mixture of frustration and betrayal. Seulgi’s eyes were darting swiftly between the two. The only one who hadn’t changed was Yerim, who had rushed into the room to greet her unnies with hugs and offerings of leftover food from their breakfast. To their credit, Joohyun and Seulgi responded enthusiastically enough, assuring the maknae that they had already eaten their fill and that she could store the leftovers in the fridge. Seungwan remained standing awkwardly at the periphery of the kitchen, as if trying to avoid the attention she was receiving from Joohyun. Yerim was about to sit down beside Seulgi at the kitchen table when Sooyoung finally decided to step in.

“Hey, Yeri, can I talk to you real quick?”

Before Yerim could answer, Sooyoung grabbed the clueless maknae by the wrist and guided her out of the tense environment, down the hallway, and into her own room, leaving the door slightly ajar.

“What was that all about?”

“You’re so oblivious sometimes,” Sooyoung said, rolling her eyes and giving Yerim a playful pat on the head, “Didn’t you see how awkward everything was?”

“No… why would it be awkward?” Yerim asked, waving Sooyoung’s hand away and walking over to sit on Seulgi’s bed.

Sooyoung smiled and shook her head knowingly before taking a seat beside her groupmate.

“Something must have happened last night. All of the unnies were out drinking, remember? So something happened to make things awkward between them.”

Yerim bit her lip and looked down at the floor, lost in thought.

“Hmm… actually, I think I may know what you’re talking about. But Wendy-unnie told me not to mention it to anyone…”

“What?!” Sooyoung exclaimed, grabbing the smaller girl by her shoulders and shaking her, “You have to tell me what happened!”

“But I promised… also, stop shaking me, I’m gonna be sick.”

“Sorry,” Sooyoung stopped shaking her friend but didn’t relinquish her grip, “And I know you promised, but it’s me! We’re supposed to tell each other everything!”

Yerim’s expression remained conflicted. She was unable to make eye contact with Sooyoung, still locked in deep contemplation.

“Come on, please? I’ll do anything.”

“Anything?” Yerim asked, eyes lit up with excitement and attention suddenly focused entirely on her senior.

“Yeah… anything within reason, obviously.” Sooyoung said, chuckling.

Yerim blushed and looked away, a nervous smile blossoming on her features. Sooyoung found herself wondering what Yerim could possibly be thinking of.

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter