Hangover

Random Red Velvet One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, Seulgi, it’s almost noon. You gotta wake up.”

Seulgi’s eyelids fluttered open slowly. Joohyun grinned down at her hungover groupmate. The monolidded girl furrowed her brow and began rubbing at her temple, face set in a grimace of pain.

“How do you feel?” Joohyun asked, shifting from her perch at the side of Seungwan’s bed to scoop up a glass of water and two Advil from the nightstand.

“Horrible,” Seulgi answered groggily, attempting to sit up, “How did I end up in Seungwan’s bed?”

Joohyun hesitated for a moment, trying her best to keep her sympathetic smile from faltering. Honestly, she had no idea how Seulgi ended up in Seungwan’s bed. The last thing Joohyun could remember was falling asleep with Seulgi beside her. Then, she’d woken up alone. Seungwan’s bed was directly across from Joohyun’s, so the older girl had immediately noticed that Seulgi had somehow relocated. Seungwan had already been awake and brushing her teeth by then, but she had left shortly after to get breakfast with Yerim and Sooyoung. The leader had been provided with no answers to the hazy night’s events.

“I… honestly, I was hoping you could tell me that,” Joohyun said as she handed the medicine to her junior, “When I woke up without you, I was scared half to death. You never wake up before me.”

Joohyun cursed both her stubborn curiosity and her inability to properly articulate herself. She’d sounded so needy just now, and the look of confused concern on Seulgi’s face wasn’t making her feel any better.

“I’m sorry… I really just don’t remember. I didn’t mean to make you worry.”

Joohyun reached over and patted Seulgi’s hand, lingering a bit longer than she normally would have, taking in the feeling of her junior’s soft skin beneath her own palm.

“It’s okay. Take those tablets. I know your head’s probably killing you. How’s your stomach?”

Seulgi swallowed the Advil and chased them down with a few deep gulps of water, draining half of the glass in one go.

“My stomach is surprisingly okay. I’m actually pretty hungry. I only have a headache.”

Joohyun took a handful of tissues from the nightstand and wiped a few droplets of water off of Seulgi’s lips. The younger girl locked eyes with the older, her expression unreadable. Joohyun felt her face growing hot and was forced to look away.

“Sorry… you had some water there…”

“It’s okay. Thank you.”

“Ah, anyway,” Joohyun said with a cough, standing up, “You go brush your teeth, and I’ll cook you some breakfast. Or lunch. Whatever.”

Seulgi giggled and gingerly removed the covers from her body, only to reveal that her shirt was gone; she wore only an azure bra. The younger girl, now flustered, scrambled to pull the covers back over herself as Joohyun stared shamelessly, her mind blank. Why was Seulgi in Seungwan’s bed, in her underwear? The leader could feel a deep pit forming in her stomach.

“Uh, so, I’m gonna go cook, you brush your teeth. And make sure you finish that glass of water.”

Joohyun hurried out before Seulgi could respond.

As she got to work in the kitchen, Joohyun allowed her thoughts to co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter