Covet Pt. 4

Random Red Velvet One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “You guys want some leftovers?” Seungwan asked her two groupmates, glancing over at Sooyoung, who was practically dragging Yerim out of the kitchen.

    “No, I just ate,” Seulgi replied innocently, “But thank you, though.”

    Joohyun merely shook her head and turned away to start cleaning up the pan she’d cooked with.

    This was followed by a stretched out period of silence between the three girls, with Seungwan standing unsurely at the entrance to the kitchen while Seulgi continued eating, keeping her eyes fixed downwards towards her plate.

    “So, uh, your stomach’s feeling better this morning, right?” Seungwan asked Seulgi, mainly just to break the blanket of tension that had fallen over the room.

    “Much better!” the monolidded girl exclaimed, nearly choking on her food again, “Thanks for taking care of me last night. I know it must have been a huge bother.”

    “Oh, it was no problem,” Seungwan replied, noting that Joohyun had stopped her washing and was merely standing still now, listening intently, “I was up anyway, I’m sure anyone else would’ve done the same in my position.”

    “I have a question though,” Seulgi’s voice came out carefully, as if she was choosing her words very selectively, “I was… umm… kinda half- when I woke up this morning. Do you know how that happened?”

    Seungwan could feel her cheeks getting hot. Her eyes darted over to Joohyun’s back, which was all but motionless.

    “Well, you were throwing up pretty much all over yourself, so I helped you get undressed, and then you showered. Alone, of course. Then I waited for you to finish to make sure that you were okay, and when you came out you kinda just followed me to my bed and collapsed there. I didn’t wanna move you so I just let you sleep.”

    “Was I that much of a pain in the ?” Seulgi asked, and Seungwan couldn’t help but find the way the older girl’s eyebrows crinkled together absolutely adorable, “I didn’t mean to… I promise I won’t let something like that happen again.”

    “It’s okay, really,” Seungwan laughed, “The only problem is that you kept stealing all the blankets.”

    “Seulgi,” Joohyun suddenly cut in, turning away from her partially-washed dishes, “You should know better than to get that drunk.”

    Seungwan didn’t like the look in Joohyun’s eyes: it was restrained, as if the older girl was holding back some kind of strong, negative emotion that was threatening to spill out of her. Her voice sounded harsher and just a bit shriller than usual. Something was wrong.

    “B-but,” Seulgi mumbled, her own eyes reflecting a kind of betrayed sorrow, “You were fine with it. You even saw how drunk I was...”

    “That’s before-” Joohyun paused for a moment, looking over at Seungwan with what can only be described as a death glare, “That’s before I he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter