Covet

Random Red Velvet One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was surprised to find that Joohyun hadn’t woken yet that morning. Usually, the leader would come in and make sure that she and Sooyoung were awake (Seungwan was usually up around the same time as Joohyun). Seulgi was unaware of Yerim’s sleep habits, but judging by the fact that the maknae hadn’t awoken either, they were likely similar to Sooyoung’s.

After she finished up in the washroom, the monolidded girl decided to go check on Joohyun and make sure she was alright. Seulgi felt a measure of dread at the thought of her senior possibly having fallen ill, especially on the day of the shooting for their new “Ice Cream Cake” music video. She knocked on the door twice, and when there was no response, her anxiety got the best of her and she barged right in.

“Unnie, are you alright? We have to get ready soon and-”

What she saw caused her to freeze in place. Joohyun and Yerim were fast asleep in the former’s bed, huddled together. Curtains of blonde and light brown hair tangled in a messy sheet that enveloped both girls’ heads. Yerim was tucked into Joohyun’s chest; in the exact same spot that Seulgi liked to cuddle up in.

Seulgi’s arrival and fragmented sentence were enough to cause the eldest girl to jump up from the bed, nearly knocking Yerim down in the process.

“We’re late!” Joohyun exclaimed, leaping out of bed and pulling the disoriented maknae to her feet, “Thanks for waking us up Seulgi! It’s not like me to oversleep, I don’t know what’s wrong with me!”

With that, Joohyun grabbed her toothbrush and towel and sprinted past Seulgi on a beeline to the washroom.

Yerim offered Seulgi a small smile, which the older girl returned.

“You should probably go get ready too. We have to leave in thirty minutes.”

The brown-haired girl nodded and departed the room awkwardly.

Seulgi sighed and began fixing Joohyun’s bed for her; she knew the older girl absolutely hated leaving the dorm with her bed unmade, and there would be no time for her to do it after getting ready today.

As Seulgi deftly went about her work, she found herself getting lost in thought. Why was Joohyun cuddling up to Yerim like that? Seulgi knew she shouldn’t feel jealous... maybe the younger girl had had a nightmare and was afraid to sleep alone? And why was she jealous anyway? Joohyun was her friend, and nothing else. Who the older girl decided to sleep with was her own business and no one else’s.

Seulgi finished making Joohyun’s bed, exiting the room without taking a second look at Yerim’s messy sleeping area.

***

Joohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter