[Actual One-Shot] Seungwan

Random Red Velvet One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Waking up the morning after a night out is never a pleasant experience. The first thing you always seem to notice is the overwhelming dryness in your mouth, followed quickly by an immense lethargy that seems to permeate every ounce of your physical being. Luckily for you, your body decides to be merciful and chooses not to grace you with a sharp hangover migraine.

    Your eyelids flutter open and you throw your arms out to the sides as you yawn. That’s when you realize that something is amiss. Usually, there’s enough room on your small bed for you to stretch out comfortably as you awake. However, this morning, your hand crashes into the back of a soft yet solid form. You turn rapidly, just as the form next to you lets out a groggy yelp. You turn to face one another.

    The woman lying next to you in bed is petite, with long brown hair that’s streaked with shimmery blonde highlights. Her face somehow reminds you of a hamster’s, and her eyes (even in her half-awake state) are filled with an electric energy that you find yourself drawn to. For a moment, you simply stare at each other. You’re unsure of what she’s thinking, but you find that the memories of the previous night are slowly coming back to you. Your thought process is jarred when the girl speaks, a genuine smile forming on her features as she does so.

    “Morning,” she whispers.

    You smile back and return the greeting.

    “Weird night, huh?” she asks in a low voice, looking around the room. Your gaze follows hers, and you can practically feel your pupils dilate as you take in the condition of your small living space.

    While the room itself isn’t necessarily trashed, it is certainly a mess. Articles of clothes are strewn about: a bra on the nightstand, a lone sock hanging from the ceiling fan, a pair of jeans draped over the cabinet, and half of a green pair of peeking out from beneath your bed. As you look back at the girl beside you, she smiles and lets out a nervous giggle.

    “Sorry for the mess… I’ll, uh, clean it up. It was mostly my fault…” her face turns a beet red and she looks down at the blankets in embarrassment.

    That’s when you remember. Her name is Son Seungwan, and you met her in a bar last night. Of which bar you aren’t sure, but you remember that you were already pretty drunk when you entered that particular establishment. You remember seeing her from a distance; she’d caught your eye because she had a grey hoodie pulled over her face, sitting alone at the corner of the bar as if she was hiding from the world. You remember pointing her out to your friends, one of which had dared you to talk to her. You remember walking up to her, asking her if you could buy her a drink…

    “Oh !” Seungwan suddenly calls out, practically leaping over you and out of the bed.

    You find that you can’t tear your eyes from her slim, fit frame, the muscles in her back and legs flashing as she runs over to her discarded iPhone and scoops it up. She frantically scrolls through her phone as you wantonly regard her flawless form. When she turns back around, you shoot your eyes up to meet hers, although by the returning flush in her cheeks, you can tell that you failed to hide your shameless ogling. She seems unconcerned with this, however, and instead holds up her phone, her face transforming into a mask of distress.

    “Fifty-five missed calls,” she says, walking over and slumping back down onto the bed beside you, “From all of my group members, from all of my managers… dammit…”

    For a moment, these words mean nothing to you, and your wrack your hungover brain for any idea of what she could possibly mean. The memories come back easier now. This isn’t just any Son Seungwan. This is the Son Seungwan. Also known by her stage name as Wendy from “Red Velvet”. You’d picked up a South Korean pop idol while blackout drunk.

Seungwan turns to you now, placing her phone on the nightstand, next to her bra.

“Scoot over,” she says, and you oblige.

She tucks herself into your form, pressing her face to your chest and wrapping her arms around you. You can feel her soft breaths on your bar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter