Eight

Would you be mine?

Wendy silently sat on Irene's couch, she was surveying everything in her dorm. It was modern and a little bit cold with the white walls and leather black sofa set. There were some photos to be seen in the living room.There were some paintings hanging on the wall. On one corner is a desk with intermediate pads and piled-up books. On another is a bookshelf,filled with various fictional books and self-help references.She also observe that mostly purple color filled up the dorm room.

 

"Did my room pass your assessment?" Irene asked with her arms crossed, leaning against the wall next to the television set.

 

Wendy give her a smile. Crossing her arms and legs,her back leaning on the couch and  her eyes looking directly at Irene.

 

"Not that bad"she started"Simple but quite impressive" she finished but the smile never leaves her lips

 

"I'm glad you like it" Irene manage to talked back ignoring the butterflies starting to form inside her stomach. Wendy really such a smooth talker. She knows how to control the situation. That was Irene concluded after the times having a short encounter with the said girl

 

Wendy hummed in response as she roamed her eyes again around the room.

 

 

"Do you want something to drink?" Irene asked, standing straight now as she went to the direction of her kitchen.

 


Not wanting to wait around, Wendy decided to follow her to the kitchen. She walked quietly towards her, smirking as she was oblivious to her presence. 

 

Her eyes darted to Irene's slim figure, the back of her head down to the cute bunny slippers she had on. She sniffled a soft laugh seeing those cute attire.


Irene was in a white shirt that was double her size, the front was tucked inside her jean shorts . Her face flushed though when Irene bent over to get something inside the fridge, she quickly turned away. 


Irene shrieked when she turned around to find Wendy sitting in front of the kitchen island.

 

"Wendy~!" Wendy couldn't help the laugh that left the moment she saw Irene's shock face.

 

"Yah! Don't do that." Irene said after calming down.

 


Wendy gave her an innocent look as she asked, "What?"

 


She narrowed her eyes at her"You know what. I hate being startled." 

 


Wendy smiled gently at her, "Opps.Sorry."

 


Irene rolled her eyes,ignoring Wendy for a while as she then placed the pitcher of juice on the countertop. She took two glasses, setting it in front of her.

"So..." she started after taking a sip from her glass of juice.

 

"So?" Wendy asked back

 

Irene gently put her glass on the counter next to her before giving Wendy her most serious look

 

"What's your plan for our paperworks?"

 

Wendy's lips form a small smile.

 

"Why you worrying that much? We still have enough time though" Wendy said casually like it's not a big deal for her

 

"What? Did you hear what you just said?" 

 

"Of course" Wendy answered leaning her back on the chair as she crosses her arms on her chest before laying her eyes on Irene again

 

Irene was wearing a confused yet annoyed look on her face. She doesn't even get what's running in this girl's mind

 

"Wendy,you know that we only have two days to finish this works right?" She said more calmer this time or let just say she's trying to be more calmer this time.

 

Wendy nodded her head. But there's no hint of panic or concern in her eyes.

 

"Then,we need to start for our plan now before Monday. Surely if we didn't finish it during this weekend we might failed in our english subject"

 

Wendy didn't answered instead she stand on her seat and walks towards Irene's direction without breaking their eye contact while Irene felt wary of the latter's move as she mindlessly grip on the edge of the counter before tilting her head to the side and closes her eyes waiting for whatever would happened next.

 

But Wendy,even if she really enjoy seeing Irene's cute reaction whenever there having a close proximity she need to stop the teasing now. 

She stop infront of Irene leaving just enough distance between. A smirk plastered at the corner of her lips. She lean forward behind the latter's ear.

 

"I'm just kidding"she paused"Let's starting working now" she added with a smile on her lips as she pulled back before stepping out of the kitchen

 

Irene slowly open her eyes,observing her surroundings and when she saw Wendy walking towards the living room that was the moment she breath out the air she's holding a minute ago before patting her chest where her heart located to calmed it down.

 

That girl is really a death of me

 

 

***

 

Seulgi cleared for almost a hundred times now just to ease the awkwardness she feels inside her by how the person sitting across her staring at her like she's one of the interesting show on t.v. 

 

The person looks like she didn't get the cue because she just remain staring at her with her hands on top of the table supporting her chin.

 

"Ahm..don't you know that staring is quiet creepy sometimes..?" Seulgi trailed off as she lifted her head up to glance at the person

 

The person blink three times and when the realization hit her,her eyes automatically wide open before she clumsily lean her back on the chair and adjusted her sitting position. Clearing as she swiftly stare somewhere else but Seulgi

 

Seulgi softly chuckled by that. Clicking her tongue before continuing with her works

 

"I'm not checking you out if that what you think" the person uttered as she side glance Seulgi but when Seulgi look back she immediately pulled away avoiding making eye contact with the latter

 

"Don't worry I didn't mean that too" Seulgi say gently

 

The person nodded her head as she bit her lips while mentally face palming herself for her own stupidity.

 

A brief silence embedded the place as no one didn't uttered a word after that. Seulgi continue her own stuff while the person sitting across her tried to busy herself in looking at the passerby on the glass windowof the cafe where they were right now. She sometimes take a quick glance on Seulgi but immediately pulled away when Seulgi look back.

 

Putting down her pen on the side of the table,Seulgi lifted her head up again as she glance at the person sitting across her"It's done" she announced with a smile

 

The girl tilted her head to fully face Seulgi's direction,making sure to put on her poker face.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"Were done with the paperworks!" Seulgi's sweet eye smile was the only one the person see at that moment. Truly theirs no doubt,Seulgi became one of the campus girlcrush because she has that charm. She can make anyone like her or even fall for her in just a first look. 

 

 

"That's great!" The person manage to say but she can't help not to admire Seulgi's cute yet charming smile and face.

 

 

"Yeah,I'm glad that you became my partner,Yeri. Truly your a great help. Thanks for sharing your idea" Seulgi thanks sincerely as she reach for the latters hand that was settling on the table and gently squezzing it like it was a normal gesture but little did she know that she made someone's heartbeat races beyond normal. 

 

 

"Y-yeah. D-don't mention it" Yeri stuttered pulling away from the eye contact just to hide her blushing cheeks.

 

 

Seulgi flashes a smile again before she shifted her gaze on the paper and started proofreading it.

 

Yeri finally manage to calm down herself and give Seulgi a glance as she silently observe the latters face with a smile creeping out of her lips

 

 

***

 

Irene was impatiently tapping her pen on the top of the coffee table while her eyes was glaring at the sleeping person sitting across her. Wendy's head was comfortably place on the top of the table with her other hand supported her face while the other was gently spread on the side of the table.

Irene wanted to explode right now because of too much annoyance. They were supposed to do this work together but what Wendy did was just sleeping. She's ing sleeping for almost 2 hours now and Irene was just there waiting for the latter to wake up so they can continue doing there works.

Irene was biting her lips harshly that it may bleed any minute. Her eyes was bored on the latters and her ears was completely focus on the tic-tock of her wall clock. The room was so quite. Quite that it irratate Irene so much.

She swear,if Wendy didn't wake up right now she will throw her out of her dorm room as soon as possible.

 

"Five...four...three" she started counting off. Readying herself for her plan to throw Wendy outside her dorm room

 

"Two..."she waited,it was a complete silence. She make sure her eyes never leave the latter"On-" but before she could ever finish the count Wendy slowly stirred awake. 

Stretching her arms up in the air and yawning,rubbing her eyes a little before she boredly fix her eyes on the girl sitting across her.

 

"Finally,you wake up" Irene say sternly

 

Wendy blink for a moment before she finally get what Irene is pertaining to.

 

"How long I've been sleeping?"

 

"2 hours"

 

Wendy nodded"What did you do when I was sleeping?" 

 

 

"What do you think?" Irene answered but the annoyance was visible on her tone

 

 

"Are you mad?" Wendy questioned innocently that made Irene's blood boiled more. This girl really like playing innocent ALWAYS.

 

"I'm not" She lied,trying her best to control her temper

 

 

Wendy nodded her head again but the smirk was plastered on her face

 

 

"Now that you already awake,Can we start with our work?" Irene say the word more gentle this time just to avoid having any misunderstanding between the latter.

 

"I thought you already work on it...?" Wendy tried to tease the latter again but Irene has no time for another teasing moment as she immediately give Wendy a glare that make the latter let out a nervous chuckled.

 

Irene closes her eyes chanting to herself to keep her patience on hold"For once Wendy,stop with the teasing"she said

 

Wendy heave a long deep sigh,crossing her arms before staring back on Irene again"Ok sorry" she said.

 

Irene immediately open her eyes to look at Werndy again with a surprise expression on her face cause why not? This is the first she heard Wendy say those kind of word on those more sincere and gentle tone of voice.

 

"With you I'm at a lack of words but I'll do my best"

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"Just write it down"

 

 

Irene knitted her eyebrows in confusion.

 

 

"It's a poem so just write it down" Wendy cleared out

 

 

It lasted for more than second before Irene could even get Wendy's point.

 

They give each other a knowing look before Irene decided to hold the pen and started writing the phrases of the poem.

 

 

With you I'm at a lack of words but I'll do my best

Good thing we agree on emotions to fill the

rest.

I feel blessed to have been able to meet you

And only you have had the effect on me that you

do

 

Everything you do and say, we seem to blend

It's weird to say, but I could get used to this

trend

You deny it all day long

You're gorgeous, you and that fact need to get

along

 

 

I love how your smile lights up your face

And only can make my heart race

I can't express the way you feel

And the way you make my heart flutter, it's the

real deal

 

 

But not necessarily in the way you think

Your mind will be in a roller rink

Round and round in circles

I don't want to hear talk of ridicules

  

 

Wendy continue to recite the poem but never take her eyes off of Irene that made the latter felt more uncomfortable. Irene didn't want to be assuming but she couldn't help not to think that Wendy is indeed telling those words to her by the way she look at her and her gently yet soft voice echoed inside her ears.

She shook her heads to erase any thoughts inside her mind.

 

 

You make me happy like I can't explain

Like aerodynamics lift an aero plane

I feel like myself once again

Like how my skin feels when it's hit by rain

 

It's refreshing like the quench of a thirst

But there is one thing I must say first

You are something special

So amazing it's meeting my thresh hold

 

 

You make me want more, bring me to beg for a

kiss

I'd drop to my knees for such bliss

The way you look in my eyes

Brings me up more than any of my highs

 

The connection we share

The way you care

I'm blown away

 

And here I lay

Wondering what you're thinking

Trying to be smooth with winkings

I can't believe how hard I try to impress you

The feel of your lips and my urging, it's true

 

I can't help but think about it

I don't need mapquest to map it

I know what I'd have to do

But it makes me pause, is this the same feeling

by you

 

 

On the next phrases of the poem,Irene couldn't contain her emotions. Her hands tremble and she couldn't even focus on writing the words that Wendy is reciting. Instead she slowly places down the pen  on top of the table and slowly lifted her head up to look at Wendy. Since Wendy was also staring at her their eyes automatically lock contact.

 

 

I really don't know how to bring this to an end

But it's something I want to explore to no end

What fate has for us in store

I have no idea, just know I want more

 

 

 The poem ended but the two didn't break their eye contact. They just stay there staring at each other with Wendy 's lips tug at it's corner while Irene's purse in seriousness.

 

But not until a loud roar sounds through the placed followed by the sudden black out scaring Irene. Since she's the easily got startled Bae Irene she quickly jump-off to Wendy's direction. Because of the sudden impact both of them landed on the cold floor with Irene on top of Wendy.

 

Wendy let out a groan when her back make contact with the hard and cold floor. She was about to jolted up but failed to do it because of the additional weight on top of her that stopping her. Feeling hopeless she decided to give up,dropping her hand on her side with her eyes staring on the ceiling.

 

Irene quickly squezzed herself on Wendy as she buried her head into the crook of Wendy's neck and hugging her tight when another roar of thunder echoed on the small room.

 

Irene's body tremble in fear and Wendy couldn't help herself not to worry for the said girl. She find this Irene vulnerable and that make her want to comfort and protect her. So she takes both of her arms and put it around Irene,returning the hug while gently patting her back for comfort.

She find herself smiling a bit when Irene's body started to relaxed and feel more comfortable in her arms.

 

The night passes and both of them let their exhausted body brought them to dreamland enjoying the warmth and comfort in each others arms.

 

 

***

 

"You know that smiling without a reason makes you look like crazy?" Solar blunted when she observe her friend smiling like an idiot to herself

 

Irene paused as she let the spoon stay inside before giving Solar a puzzle look

 

Solar heave a long deep sigh" Your smiling like an idiot since this morning" 

 

"I did?"

 

"Yes"

 

Irene blink for many times before scooping her spoon on her foods again but didn't eat it instead she just place it down before giving Solar a glance again

 

"It's nothing. I just happened to have a very nice morning today" Irene lied but she couldn't contained the smile and blush on her cheeks when she remember the past event happened on that Saturday evening at her dorm.

 

 "Whatsoever. I didn't still believe in you. You know that my detective radars works when someone was lying to me,right?"

 

 

Irene rolled her eyes."You mean,your imaginary detective radars" She mocked

 

"Funny Irene. Very funny" Solar uttered sarcastically

 

"Solar?" Both Solar and Irene snap their head to the source of the voice that called Solar's name

 

"Omo! Joy?" Solar said in surprise as she immediately stand from her seat and give the girl named Joy a warm hug while Irene stared at them with a complete bewilderment plastered on her face

 

"When did you came back?" Solar asked the moment they broke the hug and both sitted comfortably on the chair

 

"Last week"

 

"Last week? And you haven't even informed me?"Solar said mimicking a sulking kid that made Irene wanted to throw up but because she was a nice person of course she will not do that,not in the school cafeteria instead she let out a snort but earning a glare from Solar.

 

"I didn't mean to do it. Sorry. It's just that I need to make everything stay secret. To avoid getting the press people's attention" Joy apologized sincerely

 

"Oh yeah. Sorry I forgot. But don't worry I'm not mad at you,actually I was just acting a minute ago" Solar said as she let out an awkward chuckled causing Irene to harshly roll her eyes.

 

Joy give her a small until Irene's presence catches her attention.

Irene started fidgeting on her seat feeling awkward all of sudden as she give Joy a curt smile which Joy returned with a sweeter one.

 

"Who is she?" Joy asked Solar gesturing to Irene

 

"Oh yeah. I forgot. Ahm..Joy,this is Irene my childhood friend in Daegu and Irene,this is Joy one of my closest friend here in school" Solar introduced the two

 

Joy lend her hand infront of Irene"Hi,Irene. I'm Park Joy but you can call me Joy" she said with her sweetest eye smile

 

That's it. That's the reason why she looks familiar because Irene always saw her in the brand commercials on t.v

 

"I know. Your the Park Joy,one of the youngest and most popular brand endorser in South Korea. I always saw you on t.v. I remember,you once did a commercial about the most use brand of fabric softener in the country.After watching those CF I decided to use that brand instead,infact until now I'm still using those brand " Irene blabbered that made Solar mentally facepalming herself on Irene's obviously laundry addiction while Joy let out a soft chuckled feeling amused of Irene's straightforwardness

 

 

"I like her already. I think we can get along well" Joy said between her laugh

 

Irene let out a smile while Solar just shake her head as she heave a deep sigh.

 

 

***

 

"Ok. So Jeon Somi is out of the list now. That means we only have Five more people left. Such a relief" Winston uttered as they walked on the hallway of the school towards the open field.

 

Yeri was in a complete silence. She just remained her gaze infront,slightly nodding her head but didn't really care that much on what her butler saying.

 

Until they both reach the outside but instead of quite place they were greeted by a crowd of student gathering in the middle and looking on something.

 

"What's happening there?"

 

"Nah,don't mind it young lady it's just a usual thing happened here during lunch time" Winston shrug

 

"Usual thing? And what was that?"

 

"Bullying"He answered nonchalant

 

"Bullying?"she repeated trying to cleared what she just heard

 

Winston nodded his head as both of them snap their head on the direction of the crowd of students.

 

"I think we need to watch this" Yeri uttered before walking first towards the crowd

 

"Oh not again!" Winston grumbled as he rushes behind Yeri

 

 

"Are you not really going to apologize for what you have done?" A girl who was wearing an annoyed face said in anger as she harshly push the other girl by her shoulder causing her to stumble backward

 

 

"I...I t-told you I didn't m-mean t-to do t-that" the other girl stuttered in fear before lowering her head a bit

 

The girl scoff before giving the other girl her most piercing glare

 

"Stupid" she said before slapping the other girl's face

 

The crowd became wild. Cheering and yelling,enjoying the intense scene that happening infront of them.

 

 

"Stop that" A voice suddenly interrupted their fun as everyone's eyes followed it's source. There,standing at the edge was a girl whose wearing a serious yet challenging look.

 

Slowly she walked near the two girls making sure to stay infront of the victim one. 

 

"And who are you?" The girl asked

 

Yeri smirk"Kim Yeri. Senior student" she said before lending her hand for a handshake

 

The girl didn't budge or even accepted the handshake instead she just give Yeri a warning look

 

"How bout you? What's your name?" Yeri asked but making sure the challenging smirk didn't leave her lips

 

"Glad you asked. I'm Hyeri"

 

"The campus Queenbie" One of her friends added

 

Yeri raises her eyebrows. Before flashing her a mock smile

 

"Sorry to say this but you don't really look like one. You know what name fit in you?"she pause" Hyeri. The campus wannabe. Wannabe Queen but actually a bully"

 

"What did you just say?" Hyeri uttered in angry tone as she try to reach for the latter but Yeri was fast to step back so Hyeri misses her

 

Yeri 's facial expression changes immediately into a scary one as she give Hyeri her signature glare

 

"I'm warning you,if you do this again. I promise I will not control myself and immediately  punch your ugly face" Yeri warned. A dark aura surrounded her that made everyone shiver in fear

 

Hyeri also felt the shiver down her spine so she immediately retreated back

 

"I'm still not done with you"she warned before she and her friend left the place in a hurry

 

Yeri's smirk grew wider as she followed the retreating back figure of the bullies

 

"Alright! Alright the show was over you can go back to your respective destination now" Winston said as he started shooing everyone away until all of them gradually left the place leaving only the three of them.

 

"T-thank you" the girl says sheepishly as she give Yeri a quick glance before lowering her head again to hide her face

 

Yeri formed a small smile before uttering a short"Welcome"

 

 

 "Hey! Whose backpack was that?"Winston suddenly asked pointing his index finger on the green backpack hanging on one of the branches of the tree.

 

"T-that's m-mine. Hyeri and her friernds hang it t-there" the girl said softly

 

"I'll go get it" Yeri volunteer before walking towards the tree

 

"Yeri,are you sure of that?" Winston asked as he followed Yeri behind

 

 

***

 

Wendy was walking towards the open field when suddenly she heard a squeal not far from where she is. Walking as fast as she could until she arrived on the side where the squeal came from.

 

"Com'on Yeri jump now,I'll promise I'll catch you" Wendy heard the guy said who was standing under the tree and looking up on the girl who was hugging tightly on one of the branches of the tree above.

 

"No!" The girl shouted as she closes her eyes tightly while still hugging the branch

 

"Oh my god! Your really so stubborn. Com'on,what happened to the scary Yeri a minute ago"

 

"Shut up!" The girl grumbled 

 

Wendy wanted to ignored the scene. Leave them there and never get herself involve. But her planned didn't go that way the moment she saw the girl's left foot accidentally slip off causing her to loose her hold on the branch of the tree.

Without second thought,Wendy dashes unto the girl's direction.

 

A shriek and loud gasp filled up the silence.

 

 

***

 

Yeri was closing her eyes so tightly,readying herself for the hard impact of her fall. She waited for more than a minute but to her confusion she doesn't feel any pain on any part of her body. 

 

Wanted to know what just happened,Yeri slowly open her eyes. At first she was greeted by a blinding bright light from the sun. Blinking her eyes many times to clear her vision and that when she saw another brown orbs looking down at her. And that she found out that that person was carrying her in a bridal style.

They remained locking their gaze but no one did utter a words.

The person's gaze was warm that it almost melted Yeri away but also captivating that Yeri doesn't even wanted to pulled away from her gaze.

 

Someone cleared their throat that snapped both of them as they both tilted their head to it's source only to be greeted by the smirking Winston who was wiggling his eyebrows playfully.

Realizing their position again,Yeri tap the person's shoulder getting the cue,the person immediately put her down.

 

Yeri fixes her uniform and smoothen the imaginary wrinkles on it before looking up to face the person again.

 

"Thank you" she said

 

The person glance at her again before giving her a small smile"Don't mention it" she said before walking to the other direction.

While Yeri followed the person's figure with her eyes

 

"She's one of them"Winston started as soon as he stand next to his master

 

Yeri knitted her eyebrows before giving her butler a glance"What do you mean?"

 

"Son Wendy also known as Son Seungwan" He paused" She's one of your possible fiance" Winston finished as both of them stared at Wendy's direction again.

 

 

"Son....Seungwan" Yeri repeated the name again as she let her eyes followed Wendy's back figure until it's already out of her sight.

 

 

 

 

****

Whoops! I don't really know what am I doing right now.Lol. There were so many otp's that coming out!It's also frustrating me. Lmao...

Anyways,so much for that.I hope you do enjoy reading this story.

See you next update.ba-bye!!:')

 

 

Sorry if some typos occured.