Third

Would you be mine?

 

***

 

Irene's first week in SM High is truly quiet frustrating. First,frustrating in a way that her school mates and classmate eyes were always glued on her. Bugging and staring at her that really creeping her out and that she can no longer focus her attention on what she's doing. It makes her feel uncomfortable.

Second,frustrating in a way that she needs to catch up to every lesson in all of her classes since she's being transferred in this school in the middle of the school year.

And lastly,frustrating in a way that she needs to stay up all night everyday to study for their incoming mid-term examination. Since she's a benificiary of the school's scholarship she needs to passed and maintain her grades,so she need to put too much effort to be able not to lose her scholarship.

But truly,she believes that after the storm there's always a rainbow that will gives you hope. And in Irene's case,she considered this one person as her rainbow that never failed to always give her a hand this past few days and her named is no other than Kang Seulgi.

Irene was thankful enough that Seulgi was always there to offered her a help even if Irene sometimes decline the offered,Seulgi never stop on trying,she just keep on insisting in helping her.

Seulgi is very kind,nice,sweet and caring person,lets not forget she's also cute especially when she smile and to sum it up she's perfect inside and outside and surely,Irene is one of the luckiest person to have her as a friend.

On the past few days hanging around with Seulgi,Irene felt comfortable and open with the said girl. They get along easily since Seulgi is a friendly person and has a sense of humor,too.

But despite all of this positive and admiring traits,Seulgi is still kind of mysterious to Irene. It's like there is still something about Seulgi that Irene didn't know about.

 

 

"Omo!" Solar said,a hint of shocked on her tone as she approached Irene's table and took the chair across her

 

Irene lifted her head from her books"What?" She asked,raising her eyebrows in confusion

 

"It's a miracle" 

 

"A miracle? What are you talking about?" Irene asked again,narrowing her eyes unto her friend

 

 

Solar lean a little on the table,putting her hands on her chin for support"Your alone" she whispered avoiding to make a noise inside the library

 

"And so..?"Irene said,a little bit clueless on where this conversation going

 

Solar let out a soft chuckled

"And so..It's a miracle to see you alone when infact your always not"

 

Irene knitted her eyebrows,as she give her friend a puzzled look

 

"What? Would you please take it to the point. I don't have time to think for your out of this world logic" Irene demanded,feeling impatiently of her friend's nonsense talking

 

Solar shooked her head while trying to control her laughter

 

"Baechu baechu baechu. Don't you get it? The point is your friend here is surprise that youre Rainbow is not with you today!" Solar said with a wide grin on her face as she wiggle her eyebrows

 

Realizing her friend's point,Irene swiftly shifted her gaze from her friend to her textbook again. Trying to hide the small blush on her cheeks because of the sudden mentioning of Seulgi's secret pet name that Solar invented for her to tease Irene.

 

"Shut up" Irene grumbled as she tried to focus her attention on the writings on her books but hearing the teasing chuckled of Solar doesn't really help her situation. Solar is really good at it. Teasing her as long as she can.

 

"Where is she by the way?" Solar suddenly asked in her normal tone of voice but knowing about her friend(even if Irene didn't lift her head up to see Solar face)she knows that Solar is wearing a wider and playful smirk right now. And Irene hate it(not with Solar but to herself) that other people easily read her mind and know her feelings and emotion and that her no. one weakness.

 

"I don't know. Why you asking me?" she manage to replied but deep inside she's really cursing her weaknesses and cursing Solar for being one of those who easily knows it

 

"Because she's your GIRLFRIEND ,duh" Solar tease and making sure that the word girlfriend is cleared and highlighted

 

"Would you stop teasing me again. Seulgi and I..." she paused" Were just friends,ok? JUST FRIENDS" she retort

 

"JUST FRIEND" Solar mimicked" But didn't you know that most of the couples started from just being friend but still ended up together" She added,trying to sound like a professional love expert

 

Irene roll her eyes in irratation before giving her friend a glance

 

"You know what So. I really appreciate your effort for being a very good friend of mine but trying to be my cupid and pairing me up with someone is another story. I'm not interested in having a serious relationship with anyone right now because I have still some other things to handle and one of it is to finish my study"  Irene reasoned out,putting her things inside her bag and grabbing her books as she stand from her seat and storms out of the school library

 

"Hey baechu! I'm just kidding. Don't be mad at me!" Solar called out but seeing the librarian's glare she immediately mouthed a soft 'sorry'before shutting up .

 

 

***

 

"All right class,you open your books to page 74" their teacher said as she adjusted her eye glasses and proceeded on writing something on the board.

 

Students immediately do what just said.

 

Irene was in the middle of flipping the pages of her book when something caught her attention as she suddenly stop. Slowly tilting her head to her left where she saw the same person who is doing her usual routine which is sleeping in the middle of class hour. Irene's face twist in distate,rolling her eyes before continuing with her previous work.

 

Time passes,the lesson were nearly finished. Before the bell rang indicating that it's time for the next subject,their teacher give them first an advance paper works earning a loud groaned and complained from everyone inside the room. 

The noise continues even their teacher was already bid her goodbye and left their room. Not until their next subject teacher suddenly enter the classroom. Her heels clanked along the floor,getting everyone's attention inside the small room.

Everyone shutted up their mouth as they took their proper seat. Paying their attention infront like a puppies waiting for their owner to fed them.

Irene roam her eyes around the room,observing the sudden change in behavior that her classmate did while wearing a complete puzzle look all over her face.

 

"She's one of the strict and scary teacher in this school" Seulgi suddenly whispered infront of her as she give Irene a side glance with her lips slightly tug upward on it's edge.

Maybe she recognize the confusion in Irene's face,that's why

 

"Why?" Irene whisper back as she leaned closer a little to hide her face on Seulgi's figure and to avoid getting caught while she's talking to the latter.

 

"Because...she always do what she wants to do. And she's always honest with her words that will surely hurt and offend others feeling" Seulgi stated as she fixed her gaze again infront. Irene do the same as both of them focuses their eyes on the woman standing infront

 

"What's her name?" Irene curiously asked

 

"Jessica Jung"

 

 

"SON SEUNGWAN!" The woman suddenly shouted that startled everyone in the room especially the Very easy got startled Irene Bae. Who accidentally grip her hand on the back part of Seulgi's blazer that also surprises Seulgi causing her to swiftly turn her face to the said girl

 

Realizing what she just did,Irene immediately release her grip on the latter's blazer before mouthing her a soft 'sorry' which earn a wide grin from the latter.

 

"Where the hell is Son Seungwan?!" She impatiently asked,as she roamed her eyes around,narrowing her eyes to everyone's faces that made them shiver in fear and nervousness

 

"Who's Son Seungwan?" Irene asked again

 

Hearing this,Seulgi give Irene a side glance again before answering her

 

"That sleeping girl there is Son Seungwan" she said pointing her lips to the direction of the sleeping girl. Irene followed it with her eyes.

 

"But her ID stated that her name is..." 

 

Seulgi cut her off"Son Wendy?"

"Yeah"

 

"That's her english name and she prefer using it rather than her Korean name"

 

"Why?"

 

Seulgi shrugged off"She hates it,because it's a boy's name"

 

"Oh there you are!" Ms. Jung said before marching a step towards the latter's direction

 

Everyone's gaze followed her behind until she finally arrived infront of the sleeping girl.

Tapping her meter stick on the latters desk to wake her up which she succesfully did when Wendy started to stirred awake. Rubbing her eyes,as she yawned and stretch her arms up in the air but she paused on her spot when she saw the cat-like-eyes woman staring at her. 

Blinking her eyes for a moment to cleared out her vision before roaming her eyes around the room only to find out that everyone's eyes were also looking at her. Feeling weirded out,she swiftly fixed her gaze back to the woman standing infront of her with her usual boring and not-so-interested look

 

"Yes?" She asked nonchalant

 

"Enjoying your peaceful sleep again,Ms.Son?" Ms. Jung said but the tone of her voice sounds scary to everyone's ears

 

"I did. Thank's for asking" 

 

Ms. Jung scoff in disbelief as she lean her face closer to the latter while giving her her signature icy glare

But it failed to scared Wendy as she didn't even budge on her spot and just remained her stare on the latter

 

"Be thankful enough that your one of the top ranker in this school that's why you always pass your subjects because if it happens that your not..." she paused as she give the latter a warning glare" I could have dump you out of this room and never let you attend my class ever again" she added before leaning back and march a step again infront.

 

Everyone were frozen on their spot after watching the intense scene infront of them but their attention finally caught off when Ms. Jung started to talked again infront.

 

On the other hand, Irene couldn't take her eyes off from Wendy. She don't know why but she suddenly felt concerned and worried over the said girl. 

Wendy is strong person outside,her personality and gesture prove it all but Irene is not fully convinced that her personality inside were the same as her personality outside. Mostly of the people she met before has the same personality as Wendy but almost all of them has a fragile heart that they always get easily hurt and offended even with just a small things.

 

 

"Don't worry. Wendy will be ok" Seulgi's voice suddenly snapped her thought,so she immediately shifted her gaze from Wendy to Seulgi.

 

Seulgi is giving her a smile of assurance

 

"She encounter many struggles and criticism in life,so this one is just a piece of nut for her. Believe me she will be ok" Seulgi assured

 

Irene slightly nodded her head in agreement before turning her head again on Wendy's direction. 

 

Wendy's eyes are glued infront but surely she's staring at nowhere,it's written all over her face. But when she sense someone's eyes looking at her,she swiftly turn her head to the side and that was the moment,her and Irene's eyes met.

 

Irene felt shocked when Wendy's gaze and her met,she was stunned on her spot that she couldn't be able to move her head to look away from the latter.

Wendy's looks is like a ball of fire that can burn you in just a short period of time but despite all of that Irene observe something from Wendy's eyes but she couldn't find out what is it. It's like Wendy is hiding something behind those eyes.

 

What is it that she's hiding? Irene asked to herself

 

The moment she recomposed herself,she immediately look away from the latter. Clearing a little before fixing her attention on the writings on her books.

 

But little did she knows, Wendy didn't take her eyes off of her until the end of the class.

 

 

***

 

Three knock on the principal's office door could be heard before a man's voice talked from behind

 

"Mr. Principal,sir. She's already here can I let her in?" The man said

 

The older man slowly turn his head from his office window as he face the door

 

"Yes" he answered

 

Just then,a man in full suit and a girl in her school uniform entered the room together

 

"Hello,Mr. Lee" the girl greeted with a bowed

 

 

Mr. Lee let out a big smile as he walked near to his table

 

 

"It's nice to see you again, Ms. Kim" 

 

 

 

 

***

 

A shorter update. 

Next chapter,were going to finally met Joy and probably Yeri's character,so watch out for that.

Again,thank you for subscribing,upvoting and for all the comments:')

 

I will update soon,don't worrry:))

 

 

 

p.s.sorry for some typos