Seventh

Would you be mine?

 

 

Wendy was walking silently on a familiar place near the shore. Her bare feet touches the white sand. The cold breeze brings comfort to her body. She was mesmerized by the view she has infront of her. The blue color of the sea that can attract anyone's attention and the bright sunlight coming from the sun that warms up everything around her. She stop on her trance to enjoy the view.

 

 

"Seungwan?" A familiar yet sweet and soft voice called her attention. She swiftly snap her head to the source of the voice only to be met by the familiar yet attractive and pretty face of the person.

 

The girl was looking at her with her beautiful brown orbs. She was wearing her warmest and loving smile that always makes Wendy's heart fluttered and beat faster than normal.

 

Wendy didn't think twice as she immediately take her step to approach the person's direction. Her step was in rush,it was like she wanted to be there right away. To hold the person's hands and face. To hug her tight and enjoy each other's warmth just like before. And to kiss her and send each other the love they both feel inside.

 

But before Wendy could ever approach the person or even hold her,the person suddenly dissappear infront of her. She swiftly roam her eyes around to find the person but she failed because the person where nowhere to be find.

 

 

"Seungwan! Seungwan!" The familiar voice called out for her again,she shifted her head everywhere to find the source but she was surprise when she found out that she was not in the shore anymore but in the middle of the sea instead. 

She knitted her eyebrows in confusion but the familiar voice that was still calling for her name disrupted her thought.

 

 

"Seungwan! Help! Seungwan" 

 

 

"Where are you?" Wendy shouted back as she continue to roam her eyes around,splashing the water with her hands.The voice didn't answer back instead she just continued calling Wendy's korean name. 

 

Feeling determined to find the person,Wendy started to swam on the water. Tilting her head on the side to look for the person. It happened for almost more than a minute not until she finally saw her. 

 

She was looking at her with the same look she give to her at the shore. She was wearing a small smile but the sadness in her eyes was also visible. Wendy felt her heart shattered by the sight she has infront of her. She also feels  the tears were starting to form at the corner of her eyes.

 

 

"Seungwan" the person's soft voice called her name again. Her lips tremble as the tears on her eyes were starting to flow on her pale white cheeks

 

"I love you..." And that was the last words Wendy heard from the person before a big and strong wave hit the both of them.

 

 

"Soojung!" Wendy shouted as she jolted up from her bed with a bead of sweat all over her foreheads down to her neck. She was gasping for air as she clutch on her shirt next to her heart with a tears flowing on her cheeks.

 

"Soojung" she whispered,hugging her knees on her chest as she buried her face unto it.

 

 

 

***

 

"I'm surprise you finally visited me here again,Wendy" the man in his white coat uttered as he took his seat across Wendy

"What happened this time?" He added as he finally fixed his gaze on the latter

 

 

"The medicine. I think it's not working."she answered while her fingers playing with the pen settled on the man's table

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

"It's still coming back. The memories. Almost everynight,this past few weeks"

 

 

"Hmm. Did you taking it on time?"

 

 

"Yes"

 

 

The man nodded his head before writing something on a piece of clean sheet.

 

 

"Doctor?" Wendy started but her eyes was staring at nowhere

The man lifted his head up to give the latter a look again

 

 

"Do you think,I can still move on from this? This trauma. This memories that always keep on coming back on my head.?"

 

 

Heaving a long deep sigh the man put down his pen on the side,clasping his hand together to support his chin on the table.

 

 

"Everything in this world has it's own solution, Wendy" He started" Even the past memories that you wanted to forget has it's own way for you to be able to move on. Grief has two layers; the grief related to the anticipation of the loss and the grief related to the loss itself. And that was you are experiencing right now.You must always remember that Loss is an inevitable part of life, and grief is a natural part of the healing process. The reasons for grief are many, such as the loss of a loved one" he paused as he fixed his gaze on the small window of the room 

 

"Taking care of yourself, seeking support, and acknowledging your feelings during these times are ways that can help you cope.Being patient with the process and allowing yourself to have any feelings about the loss can also help you."

 

"If you feel stuck in your grief, talking to a supportive person may help you move forward in the healing process. You just need to give it a try,Wendy. To allow other people to enter your own barrier" he finished his words by giving Wendy the most serious yet sincere look.

 

Wendy didn't uttered a word. She remained her gaze nowhere but her mind was having a lot of thoughts. Contemplation,worries and past memories. She heave a long deep sigh and lean her back more comfortably on the chair as the man started to write something again in a clean sheet of paper

 

 

"Do you want me to double the doze of your medicine?" 

 

 

"Do what you think was right. Your my doctor anyway"

 

 

The man nodded his head" I'll be right back. Wait for me here in a minute"the man said before leaving through the door and leave Wendy alone on the small room.

 

Wendy heave a long deep sigh. She closes her eyes to calm her self and her thought and let her body sunk on the chair.

 

 

 

***

 

 

"You have a visitor?" Solar suddenly asked the moment she step inside her friend's dorm. Her tone was a little bit surprised. Surprised that she saw Irene busy cleaning her dorm room which she didn't usually do.

 

"What?" Irene asked as she give Solar a confused look

 

 

"Your cleaning"

 

 

"Yes? Then what's the problem there?" Irene asked dumbfounded

 

 

"Com'on Irene, we both know that your not fun of doing household chores expect for laundry and ironing then why all of a sudden your...cleaning now?!"

 

 

Irene blink for a while as she started to look around the room before fixing her gaze on her friend. 

Solar was right. Irene is not fun of doing all of this things then why did she's doing it all right now?

 

 

"Hmm. Are you hiding something from me. Bae Joohyun?" Solar interrogated. Narrowing her eyes before giving her friend a suspicious but playful look

 

Irene didn't answered her friends questions. It result to a complete staring battle between the two not until Solar suddenly let out a knowing smirk followed by Irene's eyes and mouth widen in realization.

 

 

"No! That's not what you think it is!" Irene defended immediately as she waved her hand continously infront when she realized that Solar is thinking something malicious right now

 

 

"I didn't believe you. Com'on Irene,tell me,who's the lucky guy?" 

 

 

"Don't be so malicious Solar. I'm telling you the truth,that's not what you think it is" Irene defended again as she take few more step backward to distance herself from her friend

 

Solar narrowed her eyes again unto the latter. Her eyes telling Irene that she's not fully convinced. They stayed staring at each other after that,no one dare to talked again they just sensing each other through their eyes. But their staring battle suddenly been disrupted when Irene's phone ring,indicating that someone is calling.

Both their pupils move in sync as their eyes sending a knowing yet challenging look. They remained still on their spot like they were waiting who will do the first move. But not until an imaginary bell rang infront of them and that was the moment the two dashes off unto the coffee table where the phone was located. 

Irene tried to reach for the phone but unluckily Solar grab the phone first. Grasping the phone on her hand before hiding it behind her as she took her step backward to distance herself from the frowning Irene.

 

 

"Solar,give me my phone" Irene whined childishly as she tried to approach Solar but to her dismay Solar immediately step at the back of the couch that serves as their barrier

 

"No! Not until you tell me whose the lucky guy"

 

"For Pete's sake Solar were not a kindergartener!" 

 

"Still! No way!" Solar said as she crosses her arms on her chest and give Irene a challenging look

 

 

Irene heave a defeated sigh. Her shoulder fall helplessly on her side.

 

 

"Ok fine I-Hey! What are you doing with my phone?" Irene said the moment she saw Solar tapping something on her phone

 

Solar lifted her head up and give Irene an innocent look but the playful look was still visible on her eyes

 

 

"Nothing I was just checking the caller I.D of the last person who called you"she paused darting her eyes from Irene to her phone then back to Irene again but her facial expression suddenly changes into a mischiveous one.

 

 

Irene gulp the lump in as she waited Solar to uttered a word again

 

 

"Who is My Wannie?" Solar asked in teasing tone

 

 

"What?!"

 

 

"The caller id is My Wannie" Solar cleared out

 

 

"What are you talking about?" Irene asked dumbfounded as she grab the phone from Solar when she got the chance. She immediately check her phone screen only to find out that Solar is indeed right.

 

 

How did--- Irene cut her own thought when the past events flashes back on her mind

 

 

"Son Wendy" she grumbled under gritted teeth

 

 

That girl really enjoy making fun of me!

 

 

"You haven't still answered my question,Baechu" Solar called her attention.

 

 

Biting her lower lips,Irene lifted her head up to face her friend. Taking her step directly to her friends direction without looking away that really shock Solar as she took few more step backward,scared of the sudden change of her friends behaviour.

 

But before Solar could ever do anything Irene immediately grab a hold on both of her shoulder. Swiftly,Irene turn her body towards the door using her god knows where strength and push her outside without a warning before slamming the door shut

 

 

"Irene! Your such a very very good friend!" Solar shouted sarcastically behind the door

 

 

On the other side,Irene just rolled her eyes before fixing her gaze on the caller i.d on her phone.

 

 

"Jerk" she mumbled. Biting her inner cheeks to prevent her lips from smiling and her cheeks from blushing too much.

 

 

But her little peace suddenly been disrupted when a loud knock sounded on her dorm door. The noise startled her and that she jolted out from her spot.

She suddenly feels her soul leaves her body because of too much shock. She mindlessly clutch her left chest to ease her erratical heartbeat.

 

Taking a long deep breath before she approach the door again and open it. She was about to scold the culprit for banging on her door without a warning but her planned never happened the moment she saw the person's face.

 

 

"Seulgi?"

 

"Hi,Irene" Seulgi greeted her with a warm and sweet eye smile

 

Irene's tense body felt relax again the moment she saw the sweet,innocent and cute face of Seulgi. She doesn't even realize that she was also wearing a sweet smile on her face.

 

Irene doesn't even know why but everytime she saw this cute-bear like girl her world lighten up as bright as the sunlight in the morning and her day became joyous and fun that she could no longer wanted it to finish. It's like Seulgi serves as her light when the world became as dark as night.

 

 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

 

"I just wanted to give you this" she said before handling a pink box to Irene"It's a carrot cake" she added as Irene completely take a hold of the box

 

 

"Why are you giving me this?"

 

 

"Ahmm.."Seulgi scratches her nape" Solar,told me once that you like carrot cake...so...I buy one for you" she confessed sheepishly as she lowered her head a little

 

Irene was surprised to hear the latters confession but also felt flutterd for Seulgi's effort.

 

A wider smile crept out of Irene's lips as she she slightly lowered her head to hide her blushing cheeks. Lucky for her that she didn't tied her hair today or else Seulgi will surely notice her red cheeks

 

"Thanks" she say softly

 

 

Seulgi lifted her head up to look at Irene again with a sincere smile on her face

 

 

"You know that your always welcome" Seulgi said as the both of them finally locked their gazes with each other with the same sweet smile on their faces.

 

 

"Seul?" A voice called their attention as both of them snap their head to look at the person.

 

 

There,standing infront of them was the girl who always wearing her boring and cold aura on her face.

 

 

 "Wendy" Seulgi said as both of them give each other a confuse look

 

 

"You know each other?" Irene chimed in as she darted her gaze from Wendy to Seulgi then back to Wendy.

 

Both Wendy and Seulgi stared at the curious Irene

 

 

"Were bestfriend" Seulgi revealed

 

Irene's eyes widen in realization shifting her eyes again from Seulgi to Wendy then back to Seulgi again

 

 

"Your joking right?" She asked in disbelief

 

 

"I'm afraid she's not" Wendy was the one who answered this time as she focus her gaze on Irene

 

 

This time,Irene's mouth was the one that widen in surprise. 

 

"But I thought your just-"

 

"Classmates?" Seulgi cut her off

 

Irene nodded her head but the surprise expression was still plastered on her face

 

Seulgi smile"It's a long story if I tell you" she said as she give a Irene an apologetic smile

 

 

"What are you doing here,Seul?" Wendy changes the topic,ignoring the surprise Irene

 

 

"I was just visiting Irene" Seulgi answered as she give Irene a small smile

 

 

Wendy didn't uttered a word first she just remained silent wearing an unreadable expression on her face as she observe the two and both their sweet gesture with each other.

 

 

"How 'bout you? What are you doing here Wen?" Seulgi asked back

 

 

Wendy fixed her gaze on Irene before she answered while Irene felt melted again by the stare the latter is given to her.

 

"We will be doing the paperworks here in her dorm" Wendy answered but her gaze never leave Irene

 

"Oh? Is that it?" Seulgi said as she give Irene a confirmation look.

 

Irene slightly nod her head as she give Seulgi a small smile

 

"Then I think I need to go now? So you can do your paperwork" Seulgi said and faces Irene's direction again

"Let's talked again later?" It was a statement more than a question as she give Irene a hopeful gaze.

 

Irene nodded her head again"Of course" she said and flashes her smile again unto the latter. 

Seulgi did the same gesture too before she glance at Wendy's direction again

 

"I go now" she said taking a few more glances on Irene's direction before taking a step forward but she suddenly stop on her trance when she reach Wendy's direction.

 

"Please take care of her" Seulgi whispered as both of them give each other a side glances.

 

Wendy didn't uttered a word until Seulgi started to walk again and that was the moment she snap her head to the latter's direction as her eyes followed it's back figure. But after a second she decided to look away and face Irene again only to see her looking at the leaving person's direction and almost ignoring her presence infront of her.

Wendy narrowed her eyes as she walked near the latter's direction. 

 

Her presence didn't recognize by Irene at first but when she lean her face near the latters face to purposely block her view on Seulgi's direction that was the time Irene recognize  she was there. A wider smirk tug up at the corner of her lips when Irene's shock face filled up her view.

Irene lean her face backward to put enough distance between their faces

 

"W-what?" Irene asked dumbfoundly

 

"Why you didn't answering my call?" Wendy asked but the playful smirk was still plastered on her face

 

"Uhmm. Oh t-that? I just miss the call because...because of my stubborn friend. I didn't do it on p-purpose" Irene stammered while avoiding the gaze Wendy is given to her

 

Wendy crept out a small smile but she manage to hide it. 

 

"Next time. Don't ever do that again,understand?" Wendy said as she lean back to let the latter's felt comfortable again

 

Irene didn't answer. She just remained quite. A complete confusion was all over her face that she could no longer think what to do next.

 

 

"Are you not going to let me in?" Wendy's voice snap Irene's thought.

 

Irene shake her head to erase every confusion and question on her mind before fixing her gaze again on the girl standing infront of her.

 

"Y-yes! Ahm..c-come in." Irene stuttered clumsily before opening the door of her dorm room

 

Wendy chuckled quietly because of the latter's clumsy gesture but she immediately hide it when Irene give her a glance

 

"Thank you" she said before stepping inside the dorm first while the embarass Irene followed her behind while muttering different curses under her breath.

 

 

 

***

 

To be continued

 

 

P.s.sorry for some typos