Second Chance

Would you be mine?

 

"Seungwan-ah~"

Wendy open her eyes because of the familiar voice that called for her name. As her eyes were completely open,a blinding light greeted her. She blink her eyes for a couple of times to adjust her vision and when she succesfully did,she found herself in middle of the shore. Her eyebrows furrowed as she scanned her surroundings not until someone called for her name again.

"Seungwan!"

Curious. Wendy immediately snap her head to the source of the voice.

She felt her heart beat erratically in excitement,happiness and longing and that she can't no longer prevent herself from smiling wide.

There,standing a meter away from her is Soojung-the girl that she loved-smiling sweetly at her.

"Are you just going to stand there?"she asked,reaching out her hand ,waiting for Wendy to take it.

Wendy's smile grew wider as she jog towards the waiting girl and hold her hand.

They exchange a loving gaze and sweet smile before they walked on the shore hand in hand.

***

"I'm happy"Wendy started as both of them stop from their track and face each other.

"Why?"Soojung ask her with a smile

"Because your here. Because I see you again and...because I'm receiving that sweet smile of yours again"

Soojung let out a smile. Her hand gently touches Wendy's cheeks.

"Me too. I'm so happy to see you again,Seungwan"

"If it just a dream,I don't want to wake up. I wanted to stay here with you"she whispered softly behind Soojung's ears as she hug her tightly.

Soojung hug her back and her head buried on the crook of Wendy's neck while Wendy give her temple a gentle kiss.

They stay there for long without breaking the hug. Enjoying the warmth and comfortable feelings that emmitted by their bodies. Until,Soojung suddenly broke the hug that confuses Wendy.

Soojung give her a gentle smile and cup her face with her soft hands.

"I love you"she said

"I know. And I love you too"

"But...Your not staying here for long,Wan"

Wendy raises an eyebrows before giving Soojung a questioning look

"You need to go back"

"I don't understand"

"Someone is waiting for you down there. So you need to go back"

"But I'm fine here. I'm happy and contented. I wanted to be here with you"

"I know"she paused"But this is not yet the right time"

Wendy was more confuse. She doesn't know why Soojung suddenly pushing her away now.

"I thought you love me but why you pushing me away?"

"I'm not pushing you away Wan. I love you. I really do. And I also wanted you to stay here with me forever but... Someone is waiting for you. So you need to go back there"

"Listen...Your still alive. I'm just a memory in your mind that's why I'm here but if the right times come,we'll see each other again. I promise you that"Soojung explained before capturing Wendy's lips with her own.

They pulled away after a short minute and stared back at each other lovingly.

"Who is this someone?"Wendy finally asked

Soojung give her a smile and intertwined their hands together.

"You already know her. She will became a big part of your life. You will treasure her just how you treasure me. She will help you with everything. And bring that smile back in your face"

"I'm curious"

"No need to be curious. Sooner or later,you will figure it all out. Just don't closed your heart for her. Give her a chance and I promise,she will never leave you behind"

Wendy was left speechless. She doesn't know what else to say. And Soojung might notice it when she reach to touch Wendy's face again and give it a gentle touch while Wendy just close her eyes enjoying the familiar and comfortable warmth.

"We'll see each other again when the right time comes but for now,I'll let you enjoy your life down there and be happy again"Soojung says softly

Wendy's eyes was still closed but when she felt the familiar touch slowly dissapearing from her face she decided to slowly opened her eyes. Another blinding light greeted her,again she blink her eyes for a couple times to cleared her vision. And when everything became cleared again,she find  out that she's no longer in the shore and Soojung was nowhere to be found. She find herself staring at the white ceiling and when she roam her eyes around she recognize that she was inside a room and was lying in a comfy bed.

Heaving a deep sigh she stared back at the white ceiling and closes her eyes again.

So it was just a dream?

***

Wendy was all lost in her thought when she heard a soft snore beside her. Slowly,she open her eyes again and tilted her head to her side. She was a little bit surprise to saw that someone was sleeping beside her bed. Her head was place on the edge of the bed with her arms tuck on her front supporting her head. Her hair was thrown on the side of her face so only half of it was shown.

Wendy's lips slowly tug upward on the side.

Irene

Irene was sleeping soundly,her hair was a little bit mess and her nose scrunches a bit as she snore causing a soft giggle escape from Wendy's mouth.

Unknowingly,Wendy's hand slowly reach to caress Irene's hair. But when her hands came in contact with Irene's hair,the latter slowly stirred awake making Wendy to slightly panic and withdraw her hand faster from Irene's hair.

Oblivious,Irene stretches her hands up and let out a yawn. She rub her eyes cutely(and Wendy need to surpress the giggle that threatening to came out from )before fully opening it to stared at Wendy's direction.

Their eyes met in contact and Irene's eyes and mouth widen but Wendy only stared at her with a small smile grazing her lips before uttering a soft"Hi".

But what truly shock Wendy was when Irene suddenly stand from her seat without breaking her gaze from her. Wendy gulp from the latter's action and she started inching away from Irene but stop when Irene grab her hand before she literally throw herself to the confuse Wendy in a bear-crushing hug that surprises Wendy too much. They both stumble on the mattress with Wendy almost lying on her back but thankfully she was fast to put her other arms at her back to support the both of them.

"Oh God! I'm glad your awake now! You don't know how much I'm worried about you. I thought I'm going to be crazy. Your almost lying there unconcious for 3 consecutive days!" Irene blabbered in one breath as she hug Wendy tightly.

Wendy should be felt happy hearing that confession from Irene but how could she do that if Irene was almost choking and crushing her bones between her arms. She should cry instead because it's getting painful every second.

"I...Ir-Irene your star-ting to break my b-bones!"she manage to say

Realizing what she's doing,Irene slowly pulled away a little. Wendy let out a long deep breath and started to massage her sore body.

"Sorry"Irene apologize sheepishly

"No it's okay"Wendy assured and give Irene a small smile but then again for the second time she gulp the lump in when Irene started to give her a blank face and intense look. What happen between those days that I'm sleeping? Why does she became bipolar all of a sudden?

"Are you not going to apologize to me,too?"Irene's cold voice snap her thought

"What?"she asked dumbfounded

"A.po.lo.gize!"Irene said sternly causing Wendy to shiver in fear

"What should I need to apologize-Ahh! Ouch Irene thats-Ahh! Hey stop!"Wendy complained as Irene started throwing punches on her chest and arms.

"You idiot! Did I told you to do it?! What do you think you are?A superhero? Trying to save my life every now and then?!"Irene half-shouted as she glared back at Wendy

Wendy stared at her in shock. She didn't expected Irene to react like this. Hell,she's more expecting Irene to thank's her rather than punching her poor body and glaring at her.

"I.."Wendy wanted to reason out but her words has been cut off when Irene started to cry infront of her. She started to panic on her spot,didn't know what to do to comfort the latter. She started fidgeting and turning her head left and right before she decided to reach the latter's head and give it a light pat(which is the most stupid things a person could ever do to comfort someone lol)

"I...H-hey,s-stop crying. I'm still here,you know. I'm still alive"she said trying to ease the situation but failed to do it when Irene's cry became louder and that Wendy is afraid that the other patient on the nearby room will gonna hear her.

Again,Wendy started to panic. Bothered. Her mind were jumbling with thoughts. Thinking of alternative to comfort the crying Irene.

She heave a deep long sigh when an idea pop into her mind.

"Aish..."she breath out before hesitantly grabbing Irene by her shoulder and pulling her closer for a hug. After doing so,she started to give Irene's back a hesitant pat,soothing her.

Irene continued crying. Her tears almost soaking Wendy's shirt. Wendy waited for the latter's to calm down though their position is a little bit uncomfortable and awkward for Wendy she just shrug it off. It's way better rather than letting Irene cry without doing anything.

After more than a minute,Irene's cry became low and her body started to relax between Wendy's arms. She heard her sniff before Wendy felt her slowly pulling away.

There eyes met again but Wendy felt a jolt of pain on her chest seeing Irene's eyes became a rimmed red because of too much crying. She's tempted to reach for her and hug her again but soon realize that it's a little bit out of place to do between them.

"I..I'm sorry"Wendy whispered softly and Irene lifted her head up to look at her again.

Wendy cleared ,feeling a little bit uncomfortable and nervous of the latter's gaze. 

"I'm sorry for making you worried for almost 3 days and sorry for...for acting as if I'm a superhero" Wendy said as she tilted her head to the side to avoid Irene's serious gaze.

It was a complete silence after that. No one uttered a word between them. It was a little bit awkward for Wendy's part that she started sweating oh so badly in too much nervousness but not until Irene caught her attention.

"Don't do it again"Irene said firmly.

Wendy give her a puzzle look.

"Make a promise"Irene demanded as she lend her ring finger infront of Wendy.

Wendy was more puzzle and that she only stared at Irene's finger then back to Irene.

"Make a promise Wendy that you will never act as superhero again and save my life" she said,giving Wendy her most determined yet expectant look.

Wendy didn't budge. She was shock yet confuse. She stayed her eyes looking at Irene for almost a minute before dropping it down then lying down on the bed instead leaving Irene in a complete confusion.

Wendy closes her eyes. She knows Irene was looking at her but she tried to ignore it. She need another more minute to relax before dropping the bomb to the latter. She felt the mattress sunk down beside her indicating that Irene was now taking the empty spot next to her.

"Wendy~"she heard Irene whine beside her before she felt a tap on her side.

Not wanting to take it longer,she decided to open her eyes and that when she realize that Irene's face was now hovering above her but not that close for her comfort.

Irene's face was forming a cute pout causing Wendy to let out a smile.

"What are you smiling at?"Irene asked,now pouting more.

"Stop pouting"she blunted

"How could I'll do that? You ignored my words a minute ago"She sulked,crossing her arms while giving Wendy a childish glare.

Wendy heave a sigh as she shifted her gaze unto the ceiling

"I know,I'm not a superhero. I don't have a super power. I can't do things that they usually did in the movie but..."she paused and stared back at the girl beside her" But I can't promise not to act as one again when I see you in danger"

The time stop or is it just Irene's body? because she was sure enough everything was not moving around her. And now her heart was beating wild again inside her body. She was afraid that it will falls out of her body because she can no longer control it. She also felt something hot was creeping it's way from her nape up to her cheeks. 

Oh no! She's blushing?

Blame Wendy for being such a sweet talker!

"So,just ask me anything but not this one because I can't never grant it"

Irene's lips was moving yet she can't form a word. She wanted to ask why but she was totally stunned to do it. So she ended up looking at Wendy instead. Wendy might senses her quiteness because she started talking again.

"When I saw that the scaffolding was about to fall towards you,in a bit of instance my feet and body looks like they have their own mind and that they move on there own" Wendy paused as she closes her eyes again"I don't also know what am I doing at that time,it just that my mind was thinking about saving you. Just you. No more other thoughts"Wendy finishes her confession but she didn't open her eyes to glance at Irene again.

Irene was left speechless. Confuse and surprise was visible on her face. She remained staring at Wendy silently.

Another complete silence embedded the room though unlike the first it's not that uncomfortable.

But the silence was interrupted when someone suddenly walked inside the room. Snapping the both of them.

"Did I interrupt something?"The doctor ask dumbfoundedly when he senses the quiteness inside the room

Irene was the one who answered the man's question. She shook her head while uttering a soft'No'before she stand from her seat and fully face the doctor.

"Oh. I thought I interrupt you or something"the doctor chuckled awkwardly and scratches his nape before walking closer to the two.

"So ahm..Ms. Son,I'm glad your finally awake"the doctor said with a smile

"Me too,doc. I thought that's my last chance"Wendy joke as she chuckled a little but when she caught Irene glaring at her she suddenly stop.

"Alright. Let me do some checking,is that ok Ms. Son?"

"Oh sure"

The doctor then started checking Wendy's condition. From her eyesight to her heart beat and pulses. After doing so,the doctor whispered something to the nurse next to him before placing back the stethoscope around his neck.

"So far everything is normal,Ms. Son but.."he paused" we shouldn't be just fine about it because there were instance that everything will get worst sooner just after the accident happened.Meaning,you may experience some after effect for the following days. But don't worry Ms. Son,we can still avoid that to happen. There's what we call,an alternative for that"

"And what was that,doc?"It was Irene who asked

"Simple..."he paused"Physical Therapy?"

"Physical therapy?"

"Yes. Everyday exercise and proper diet"

"Is that it?"

"Yes. Simple right?"the doctor said with a smile

"I hate exercise"Wendy mumbled with a frown but little did she know she said it loud enough for everyone in the room to hear

"Well now you should start loving it,Ms. Son"the doctor beam

Wendy only crosses her arms and pout as she let her back sunk on the soft mattress.

"Another,we should assign someone to monitor,Ms. Son incase she'll try to cheat" the doctor announced

"Hey,who says I'm going to cheat?!"Wendy complained but Irene was fast to interrupt before any commution happened between Wendy and her doctor.

"Sorry for the rude act of your patient here,Doc" Irene apologize

"Why you apologizing to him? He should be the one doing it for calling me cheasstrph"Wendy didn't even finish her complaints when Irene trap with her hands.

"Don't worry doc. I will assured you that she will do the treatment and that she will not cheat"Irene assured,ignoring the sulking Wendy next to her

"Alright then,I will trust you with that,Ms..?"

"Bae"

"Oh yes Ms. Bae. And one more thing,you need to follow me at my office for Ms. Son's prescription"

"Ok,Doc"

"Were leaving now. Have a good day,Ms.Son"he said with a smile before turning around to leave for the door with the nurse following behind him.

As soon as the two was already out of sight, Irene immediately releases her hand from Wendy's mouth.

"Why did you apologize and so nice to him?"Wendy sulk

"Aish,Wendy,stop acting like a baby ok? You should be nice to him because he's your doctor!"

"But he called me cheater!"

"Aish! I'm done here. It's better to leave now"Irene announce before turning around but Wendy suddenly grab her wrist,stopping her again.

"Where are you going?"

"Did you not hear what your doctor said? I'm going to his office to get the prescription"

"And your going to leave me here?"

"What?"

"Aish. Fine! Leave. Leave me here alone"Wendy said making sure the word alone are highlighted

Irene ended up shooking her head in disbelief.

"I thought I'm the childish one?"she said with a smirk

"Oh shut up! And just leave"Wendy said before lying on her stomach and buried her face between her pillows.

Irene only shook her head while wearing a wider grin on her face.

"Ok Baby~I'm leaving now~But I'll be right back in a minute,okay?~"Irene teases and when she heard Wendy's muffled groan under her pillow,a soft chuckled immediately escape from .

She immediately leave the room after that wearing a sweet and wide smile on her face.

I hope this is just the beginning.

Are you starting to like me now,Wendy?

Yes? Or No?

I hope it's a yes because I really wanted to be close to you…

As Irene completely leave the room,Wendy peak her eyes from the pillow before slowly lifting her head up. Using her arms for support, she immediately shifted her lying position to a sitting position. Crosding both her arms and legs infront as she bored her eyes on the close door.

She heave a deep sigh

"Is she your talking about,Soojung? Is she that someone that waiting for me here? Are you pertaining to that pretty girl?"she said softly. Realizing that no one will going to answer her question she suddenly slump her back on the soft mattress and stared at the white ceiling.

"Look's like I'll be having a boring day ahead"she said before deciding to close her eyes again and decided to take a nap. A short nap will be helpful while waiting for the pretty girl she thought to herself before finally drifting to dreamland.

​​​​​​

 

***

Yay! Another rush update for my beloved readers. A fluffy one,I think.Hope you do enjoy:') See you next chapter. Annyeong<3

Apology for some typos....(This is unedited)