Fourth

Would you be mine?

 

***

Seulgi is a type of person who always seen hanging around with different person everyday maybe because of her friendly and bright personality that she can easily attract person's interest and attention. 

Unlike her friend Wendy,Seulgi has a very light and bright aura. She always seen smiling and laughing. This is one of a good reason why she got many boys but mostly girls admirers in their school. 

Seulgi never been this so happy in her enter life but not until this transferee girl from Daegu with stunning and mesmerizing beauty that attract everyone's attentions in their school named Bae Irene caught her attention.

She remembers how she almost melted and her knees buckled up because of the beautiful brown orbs of the said girl that gazing unto her the first time they meet in the school supplies store. On how her smiles lightened everything around Seulgi. On how her world stop just hearing the soft and heart-melting giggle and laugh from Irene.

Seulgi didn't know if it what others called love at first sight but all she has proven right was everytime she saw Irene,she forget every problem and miserable things that happen to her. 

 

 

Seulgi really likes paintings or any other artworks. Since she was a child her father always brought her to art museum or art events maybe that's one of the good reason why she been into this kind of hobby right now.

Everytime she saw quiet interesting thing to be her subject she immediately draw or paint it. And now,she didn't know why but the moment she took a sit on her favorite chair infront of her easel and take a hold of her paint brush,her hand automatically draw a line of a familiar features. Starting from her perfect jawline,to her long wavy black hair,until it reach the thin eyebrows to it's long and wavy eyelashes and the familiar and attractive brown orbs that always melted Seulgi away in just one stare,arriving on her pointed sharp nose and lastly her pink and soft lips that Seulgi always recognize when the latter give her a smile or when she giggle or laugh.

 

Seulgi's lips automatically form it's sweetest smile when she saw the result of her works. Tracing her fingers unto the portait like memorizing every features of it.

It was the portrait of the same person that always brought smile unto her lips everytime she saw her. The same person that made Seulgi melted in just one stare of her beautiful brown orbs. And the same person that made her heart beat beyond normal.

 

Irene Bae

 

 

"Seul?" A soft voice suddenly disrupted Seulgi's thought. Looking up from the portrait to fixed her gaze unto the source of the voice.

 

Seeing the person's face,Seulgi's smile slowly faded as her eyes widen a little, feeling her heart beat faster than normal and her breathing hitch a little. She was stunned on her spot that she can no longer move her body to greet the person like the normal way people do when they saw someone they knew.

 

"J-Joy?" She manage to say in almost a whisper

 

The girl named Joy took a step forward as she give Seulgi a small smile

 

"Yes, I am" she softly replied

 

 

***

 

 

"Solar?" Irene started,getting her friends attention as they walked side to side on the campus going to their locker

 

Solar swiftly tilted her head on her side to give Irene a glance

 

"Yes?" 

 

"Can I asked you a question?" 

 

"Sure,but make sure it's not about math because I can't never help you with that" Solar replied

 

Irene roll her eyes as she heave a deep sigh

 

"Don't worry it's not about math" 

 

"Great! So,what's your question all about then?" Solar asked before they finally reach their locker.

 

Irene leaned her back unto the locker as her eyes fixed on the wall. While Solar opened her locker and starting getting her things from it.

 

"Do you know things about Wendy?" Irene started

 

"Wendy?" Solar asked as she continue doing her own stuff

 

Irene nodded her head before continuing with her words"Son Wendy. She belongs on the same class as me"

 

"Oh,you mean. The troublemaker?"

 

"Troublemaker?" Irene furrowed as she give Solar a glance

 

Solar didn't answer first as she locked her locker  before giving Irene a glance

 

"Yes"Solar started" Everyone in this school called her troublemaker because she always got into trouble " Solar added

 

"But.. I never saw her doing something like that this past few days...well..except she's always sleeping in class" Irene replied with a nod.

 

"That's because she's not really that bad" 

 

"What do you mean?" Irene asked in confusion

 

Solar shrugged"As simple as,she didn't really started the fight first,someone do it"

 

"I still don't get it"Irene replied honestly

 

"Ok.Let's put it this way. Wendy is not really that bad as what other people think about her. Yeah,she has a very cold personality and aura. But that doesn't mean she can do something bad to other people except..."she paused" If other people give her a reason to do it to them"

 

"You mean.." Irene started as the story is starting to make sense to her

 

Solar nodded her head" Yes. Wendy didn't started any trouble or fight instead other people do it" Solar said 

 

"B-but why did they do that to her?" Irene curiously asked,feeling herself starting to worry again on the said girl

 

Solar let a sigh as she lean her back on the locker too

"Wendy is good at everything. She's one of the top ranker in academic in the school. She has a very impressing mark to top it all. Yes,she has a very cold aura and always seen sleeping in class or doesn't really like to socialize with other people but she has a good heart. She didn't use her popularity in school or her rank to step on other people. And that's the reason why other's envy her. "Solar paused again before giving Irene a glance

"If you are in that person's position and you envy someone,the best thing to do to be able to dispatch your rival is to..."

 

 

"...frame her up" Irene finished Solar words as she also give Solar a glance when everything is starting to process in her mind

 

Solar nodded her head in agreement

 

Irene didn't know why but after hearing those words from Solar,she can't help herself not to worry and felt pity for the said girl. For all this time,Wendy is living in a world where everyone is against her. 

 

"How rude they are to do that to her" that was the word that automatically came out from Irene's mouth as she unknowingly grip the fabric of her skirt in anger.

 

"I know. But you can't stop people from doing that to other people. It's a human nature,you know." Solar reminded as she give Irene a light pat in the shoulder to calm her up.

 

Irene tried to calm herself,to control her anger as she heave a long deep sigh.

 

Why does she reacted that way? Wendy is still a complete stranger to her and also mysterious but why does it feels like something is pushing her to the said girl,to worry about her. Why does it feels like she wanted to protect the girl from everyone that will going to hurt her.

 

Why? Why are you acting like this to a stranger,Irene?

 

 

***

 

"How are you?" Joy suddenly asked to break the awkward silence between them and the latter

 

On the other hand,Seulgi who has her eyes staring at the passerby outside the glass window of the cafe where they are right now slowly turn her head to face the latter who was sitting across her.

 

"I'm fine" she answered shortly

 

Joy nodded her head but the hint of dissapointment was visible on her eyes but she managed to hide it by giving the latter a small smile

 

"That's great to hear" she softly say before sipping on her drinks

 

"When did you came back?" Seulgi talked again getting Joy's attention

 

"3 days ago" Joy replied while Seulgi slightly nod her head

 

"Did Wendy know your here already?" 

 

"No. I haven't show up to her yet" 

 

"I think you need to. She will surely be happy to see you again" Seulgi said as she look directly unto the latters eyes.

 

It was a moment of a staring battle before Joy manage to uttered a words again

 

"Yeah,surely she is" she answered softly before lowering her head a little

 

Seulgi heave a deep sigh,a hint of longing on her eyes but she tried to hide it from the latter

 

"Seul?" Joy's soft voice got her attention again

 

"Yes?"

 

Joy paused for a moment as she remained her gaze unto the person sitting across her

 

"I miss you" she confessed sincerely

 

Seulgi was surprised to hear the sudden confession from the latter. She was stunned on her spot again. was open but she can't manage to say a word.

 

"Did you..miss me too?" Joy carefully asked as she let her eyes observed Seulgi's facial expression and waited for her to answer

 

It was a moment of complete silence before Seulgi manage to form a words in her tongue to answer the latter.

 

"Of course" she replied

 

Joy let out a small smile again before leaning her back on her chair

 

"Nice answer" she said "Now, I can't wait to see Wendy already" she added with a big smile on her face before sipping on her drinks again

 

On the other hand, Seulgi remained her gaze on the latter with an unreadable expression on her face

 

 Why did you comeback Joy? Why now?

 

 

***

 

 

"I can't see anything. Why is it that I can't see anything?" A guy in his school uniform whose wearing a thick glasses complained as he adjusted his binocular to get a better view.

 

On the other hand,a girl,also in her school uniform harshly roll her eyes as she adjusted her crouching position when she felt her legs started to feel a slight pain.

 

"Winston?" She started to get the latter's attention

 

"Hmm?" the guy replied but without leaving his eyes from his binocular

 

"Tell me. What are we exactly doing here?" she asked

 

Winston lean back from his binocular before giving the latter a glance

 

"I thought you already understand the plan,young lady?" He answered unsurely

 

The latter frowned as she rolled her eyes again" And now your calling it a plan?" she scoff in disbelief

 

"Why? What's wrong with this?" He curiously asked

 

The girl cross her arms in her chest before giving the latter a serious look

 

"If someone see us here,they were surely think that were checking out on someone like a creepy stalker" she answered calmly

 

"Omo! Does it really looks like that?!" Winston said in panic as his eyes automatically widen like it is about to popped out of its socket any minute

 

It was a moment of silence not until the girl suddenly snort before bursting into a loud laughter that confuses Winston

 

"Is there something funny,young lady?" Winston furrowed

 

The girl wave her hands infront repeatedly while trying to control her laughter

 

"Nothing" she manage to uttered as she pursed her lips to prevent the laughter that was about to break from again

 

"Are you making fun of me again,young lady?" Winston said as he narrowed his eyes unto the latter

 

"Of course not. Why would I?" the girl replied innocently

 

Feeling defeated by the younger girl,Winston just heave a long deep sigh

 

"I should have used to it" he mumbled before standing on his feet

 

Confuse. The younger girl followed the guy with her gaze but without moving from her position

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"We're going to do the decent plan" he determinedly said

 

 "Decent plan?"

 

"Yes! Were going to do the plan B!" Winston said again as he put her fist up to show his determination

 

"And what exactly is that?" The latter asked before standing on her feet. Adjusting her necktie and smoothing the wrinkles on her skirt before looking up to face the latter

 

The guy look directly at her with full determination in his eyes as he suddenly grab the latter's hand and holding it between his two hands that surprises the girl.

 

"Hey! W-what are you doing?" The girl ask in bewilderment as she try to withdraw her hand from the latter's hold but failed to do it when Winston grab her hand again and let it stay in place

 

"Young lady,being your loyal butler. I promise to do everything to help you find your fiancee"

 

The girl furrowed her eyebrows

 

"And now your being too dramatic again Winston?" The younger girl teases as she chuckled

 

Winston frown as he hang his head low. What do he expect from his spoiled brat young master who always makes fun of him and in everything around her?

 

" Do you really want to find your fiance or what?" He grumbled but enough for the girl to hear causing her to stop and glance at the guy again

 

"I want to" she started" But,do you think we can find her? I don't even know her name or even her face. How exactly we can do that?" She added before crossing her arms on her chest again

 

"Have you ever forget? Your dad give us a hint about her"

 

"A hint? You mean that nonsense hint?" she scoff in disbelief before shooking her head when she remember about the hint that her dad tell her the last time they talked to each other

 

 

"I'll going to transfer you at SM High in Korea" Her dad said the moment she completely took the seat infront of him on his office room

 

"What? But why?" She immediately asked in clarification

 

"Because,your going to meet your fiance there"

 

"My fiance? What are you talking about dad?"

 

"Yeri,do you remember about our family's tradition? That every members of our family that belongs to the new generation were going to be engage to the son or daughter of the other elite"

 

"I can't believe it. You did an arrange marriage for me without my consent,dad?" she scoff 

 

"Yeri. I just did what is good for you,I didn't mean to hurt you or something" his dad said sincerely as he approached the latter and put a hand on her shoulder for comfort

 

Yeri heave a long deep sigh of dissapointment

 

"Do I still have a choice,dad? You already plan for my future" she said in a low tone of voice before lowering her head a bit

 

Feeling the sadness of her daughter,the older man took a step infront of her and crouch down to level his face on the latter

 

"Don't worry,the person that your going to marry with is one of the nicest person that I've ever met and surely you'll lucky to have her. I assure you that" her dad said as he give her daughter a smile of assurance

 

Yeri knows at that time that she don't have any choice but to agree because surely whatever she'll going to do she will never defeat her dad. She feels hopeless and a strong dissapointment was all over her at that moment. 

 

Heaving a deep sigh she manage to uttered a word" What is her name?"

 

Her dad paused but after almost a minute a smile plastered on his face that confuses Yeri as she knitted her eyebrows

 

"It was you to find out"

 

"What?"

 

"Yeri. To be able to deeply know a person,you need to know her in your own way"

 

"I don't get it"

 

"I will not let you know her name for now,it was you who need to find it out. But don't worry,I will give you a hint about her,to help you in finding her"

 

"What??!!"

 

 

 

"Her name started with letter S. A '99 liner. A school top ranker. And,the one only daughter of the most influencial family in South Korea." Yeri repeated the note that her dad handle her the last time they talked

"For goodness sake, how on earth could this hint even exist? Even the dumbest person in the whole universe will never dare to used this." 

 

"Why you say that,young lady?" 

 

"Winston,are you by chance using your right mind?" Yeri asked in disbelief. 

 

"Of course,young lady"

 

Yeri rolled her eyes,face palming herself for having a dumb dumb butler with her as she heave a long exasperated sigh.

Why is the world suddenly been mean to her right now? First,her dad put her in an arrange marriage with a stranger without her consent and then now she's handling a terrible situation in finding her fiance together with a person that doesn't really using her brain properly.

 

"Winston. This hint that my dad given to me is a very ridiculous thing I ever encounter in my enter life. Like for instance. This one"she said pointing to the first written words on her note"Her name start with letter S. For goodness sake,there are lots of people who has a name that started with letter S!"

"Next, She's a '99 liner. What could possibly the meaning of this? That I need to check their birth certificate first just to make sure that they were born in the year 1999?!" she said in disbelief

"What is exactly dad thinking when he give me this? This is much worst than solving a math problem" she muttered

 

"I understand you young lady but you know that you don't have any choice but to do this right?"

 

Yeri heave a sigh again

 

"I know" she whispered softly

 

"But don't worry,young lady. As what I promise I will do my best to help you" Winston assured as she hold the latters shoulder

 

"Thank you,Winston"Yeri replied softly with a soft smile

 

 

I just hope that everything will be properly handle because I don't want to waste my time to someone that I really don't know.

 

This is not the life that I planned to have but do I have a choice? Of course there's no other option but to do it. How cruel. Life is such cruel.

 

 

 

***

 

TBC.

 

Ahm,I don't think if I did a great job with this chapter. Lol. But I do hope I fulfilled all your expectations:')

See you next update:')

 

P.s.sorry for some typos