Just because of jealousy

Would you be mine?

Joy can control her emotion as long as she can. She can. She always will. She keep telling herself that she will. But not this time. This is too much. She feels like her heart has been stab for a hundred times that it feels like it will tear into pieces any time soon.

She doesn't want to make any scene. She doesn't. Her mind can but not her body. Not when she saw Irene wearing that bracelet. That special bracelet that she have given to Seulgi before. Not when she clearly remembers every single sweet words and promises that Seulgi told her that time. On how she look at her in the eyes lovingly. On how she brushes the strand of her hair that was slightly blocking her sight. Not when she give her a kiss on the lips to sealed her promise to her. 

"Please take care of this bracelet just like how you take care of me. This is very important to me that's why I'm giving this to you because just like this bracelet your also important to me,Seul"

"I will. I promise to take care of it for you"

"I love you"

"I love you,too"

 

A loud sound of slap echoed along the four corner of main hall. Everyone in the room were all wearing a shocked expression on their faces including the one who had been slap.

"Joy,why the hell did you do that?!"came the sligtly angry question from Seulgi who was now rubbing her red cheeks

Joy didn't answer her question for a moment instead she remained glued on her spot,looking intensely at Seulgi before a liquid slowly falls down from the corner of her eyes that made Seulgi worried although she didn't show it.

"What else Seul?"she started,her voice cracking up"What else are you going to do to hurt  me?huh? First,you broke up with me without giving me an acceptable reason why. Second,since I get back here,your always distancing yourself to me,acting cold like we didn't have a thing before and always pushing me away like I'm a person having a very serious illness. And now..."she paused as she tried to wipe off the tears from her cheek with the back of her hands.

Seulgi notice that her hands was trembling and also her whole body and that it made her feel more worried. She wanted to reach out and hold it with her hand but she can't do it,it's like something was stopping her to do what her minds was telling her. So instead she let her hands grip the hem of her shirt.

"Now...you give the bracelet to her"she added almost in a whisper

"That bracelet...I gave that to you and you promise that you'll take care of it. But why? Why did you give it to her?"

 

"Irene?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Can you keep this bracelet for me? Just for today. Were going to paint the whole main hall this afternoon and I don't want this bracelet to got stained and ruined.This is very special to me"

"Oh sure. I keep this for you"

"Thank you"

"Welcome"

 

"I don't understand. What have I done to you to deserve this torture? Why are you doing this to me?!"

That was the question that left Seulgi speechless and stunned on her spot. She doesn't know how to explained everything to Joy. She doesn't know where to start. Hell she doesn't even know what to answer to Joy's question.

They remained staring at each other for a longer time. Feeling different emotions inside their heart. Longing,sadness and hurt. Not until Joy was the first one to broke the silence.

"Now I'm wondering"she paused,biting on her trembling lower lips"Did you ever loved me? Or everything was just a lie?"

Another question that surprises Seulgi.No. She wanted to argue. But again,something was stopping her. It doesn't meant that way. If only she could tell Joy what really happened that time. If only she can tell her the whole story. If only she could tell Joy that she have love her more than she could ever think of. 

"I get it"Joy's voice interrupted her whole thoughts

She give her a faint smile as she harshly wipe off the remaining tears on her cheeks

"I'll take that as a yes. I'm sorry for assuming that you have loved me more than I could ever think of. I was just being so pretentious. I'm sorry" she said half-heartedly before slowly turning away from Seulgi.

She stop for a moment on her spot as more tears flows from her cheeks again but after a second she decided to walk for the door and left without waiting for another words coming from Seulgi.

Seulgi was left standing there. She didn't move from her spot but her eyes were glued on the retreating figure of Joy. She felt helpless. She felt pain inside her chest but she couldn't cry. She was sad but there's no tears coming out from her eyes.

"Seul? Are you ok?"Moonbyul,one of her club members softly ask as she put a gentle hand on her shoulder.

Seulgi give her a side glance before giving her a slight nod.

"I just need to grab a drinks outside but I'll be back in a minute"she said

Moonbyul nodded her head before giving Seulgi a gentle pat on her shoulder"Just take your time"she said before walking back to her work

Seulgi heave a long deep sigh before she slowly walked towards the door.

It feels like something heavy was on her back. She feels breathless and helpless. The pain in her heart is now too much that she need to clutch on it just to ease the pain. And when she felt like her knees were already weak she ended up putting her hands on the wall to support her body before shifting her position so her back was the one leaning on the cold wall instead before sliding it down to sit on the floor.

She closes her eyes. Trying to prevent the tears that was about to flows down from her cheeks.

 

​​​​​​"What was that?" Seulgi asked in curiousity the moment she notice Joy was pulling out something from her hoodie's pocket.

"It's a surprise so you need to close your eyes first"

Seulgi stared at her for a second without doing anything. Still a little bit confused.

Joy heave a sigh before she inches closer to her girlfriend and gently reach to closed Seulgi's eyes with her own hands instead.

"Don't cheat. Or else I will ignored you for weeks. You don't want that to happen right?"

Seulgi shook her head firmly like a little kiddo causing Joy to giggled because of the latter's cuteness.

"Ok. I will count 1 to 3 then you can open your eyes"

Again,Seulgi nodded her head firmly.

Joy swiftly take out the small box from her pocket. Slowly opening it before pulling out a silver bracelet inside of it. She let out a smile before deciding to wear the bracelet on her oblivious girlfriend's wrist.

"You can open your eyes now"

Seulgi immediately obliged. Slowly opening her eyes. It immediately landed on the silver necklace that was already on her wrist. She arches her eyebrows in confusion before glancing back at her girlfriend still wearing a confused expression on her face.

Joy giggled by the sight before reaching out to caress Seulgi's face.

"Don't be confused. It was just a little present since I haven't given you a gift last christmas"she paused as she glance on the bracelet,smiling before looking back at her girlfriend.

"Please take care of this bracelet just like how you take care of me. This is very important to me that's why I'm giving this to you because just like this bracelet your also important to me,Seul"

Seulgi stared at her. Feeling overly touch of her girlfriend's sincerity and effort. 

She heave a sigh. Letting out a smile as she reach to hold Joy's hand. Brushing the strand of her hair that slightly blocking her sight.

"I will. I promise to take care of it for you"

They stared at each other longer than they could imagined before Seulgi suddenly leaned in to kiss her girlfriend's lips. Both of them smiled between the kiss before they pulled away

"I love you"

"I love you,too"

***

"Seul?"

"Dad?"

"Oh,glad your already here" her dad said with wide smile plastered on his face as he approached her daughter with an open arms the moment he saw her walking pass from their dinning room.

Seulgi immediately accepted the hug. After a second they immediately pulled away.

"Why you look so happy today,dad?"Seulgi asked teasingly as she give her dad a teasing smile.

Her dad chuckled a bit before he reach to give a gentle pat on her daughter's cheeks

"Because I'm really am"

Seulgi narrowed her eyes to her dad playfully. Trying to act suspicious but actually it's her usual way to play along the happy mood of her dad. 

"Oh please,stop that. Not again,Seul"her dad whine causing Seulgi to burst into a soft laughter.

"I'm sorry dad"she apologize between her laugh"So what's the good news that made my oh so handsome daddy smile like that?hm? Mind to share it to her oh so charming daughter here?"Seulgi asked playfully causing her dad to slightly rolled his eyes.

"Ok stop. Stop with the teasing my oh so charming daughter"her dad said sarcastically causing Seulgi to chuckled again.

"Sorry dad. So what is it?" She asked seriously this time

Her dad straightened his back as he place both his hands on his daughter's shoulder

"You should congratulate me now,Seul"

"What? Why?"

"Because your oh so handsome dad here are finally getting married again!"he announced gleefully

Seulgi give her dad a big smile. Finally,after almost 5 years of living in the memory of her mother's death,her father decided to give it a try again. Seulgi must be happy. Since her mom left them,she always saw her dad crying or drinking almost everynight,sometimes he locked himself inside his room and it made Seulgi felt worried. She couldn't watch her dad being like that,it hurt her a lot. So instead of letting him live that kind of life,Seulgi chooses to encourage her dad to go out and have a date with another woman so he can find someone-not to replaced her mom- but for him to be happy again. Since then,her dad keep going out on a date and Seulgi was ok with it. Until this day came and her dad was telling her that he will finally getting married again.

"Wow! That's a good news then.I'm so happy for you dad"she said

"Thank you. I'm glad to hear that words from you"

"Ahm. So..who was the lucky one? What is her name?"she suddenly asked

"You know her Seul"

Seulgi knitted her brows"I did?"

"Yes"

"I was curious. Who is she,dad?"

Her dad give her a brightest smile"Your aunt Lucille"

The moment Seulgi heard those name,her smile slowly drops down. It feels like something hit her head and that she feels a little bit dazed but thankfully her dad suddenly engulf her in a tight hug before her body fully crush down on the floor.

No. This can't be. Not her. Not her,dad. Just choose any one but not her. Not Joy's mother.

***

"I want a break up"

"Your kidding right? Say. Your just teasing me again don't you?"Joy carefully asked before she playfully hit her girlfriend on the arm"Yah! Seul,stop it. It's not funny" she complained with a pout

But Seulgi didn't ended up laughing like what Joy always expected her to do when she was teasing her. And that it made her felt nervous and fears was now slowly invading her body.

"Don't tell me..your serious?"she asked again

Seulgi reply her with a slight nod.

Joy was taken aback. No. She might be hearing it wrong. It can't be. She keep telling herself that but her body didn't followed what her mind said when a cold liquid started to flows down her cheeks and her vision became blurry because of too much tears in her eyes.

"Why? Why are you breaking up with me? "she paused"Last time we see each other were just fine and you said I love you to me but now your breaking up with me? Just like that?"

"Joy..."

"Give me a ing reason why you breaking up with me all of a sudden,Kang Seulgi because I don't understand!"she shouted that almost surprises Seulgi

Seulgi closes her eyes for a moment preventing her tears to come out from her eyes. Heaving a deep sigh before opening it again to look at Joy again

"Because I don't love you anymore"she said without any hesitation on her voice. Or more like she just control her voice to sound like one. She need to do this. Because this is the right thing to do or that was she thought. 

She loved Joy,she really is but she also loved her dad. She don't want to ruined his happiness.

Joy was left speechless. was gape open and slightly moving but it feels like she suddenly lose her voice and that there's no sound coming from it.

"I'm-"

A hard slap suddenly cut Seulgi's words. Her head suddenly move from the side because of the impact. It's painful but not as painful as what she felt right at that moment seeing the girl that she loved crying infront of her because of her stupidity.

"I'm sorry"the only word that came from

"Sorry for what? For breaking my heart or for giving me the greatest pleasure that I've ever known and taking it away!"

​​​​​​They both in tears. Staring at each other. No more exchange of words. It was the most akward silence that they ever shared for the whole times that they've been together. 

Hurt. Sadness. Lies.

It's painful. Too much to handle. Heartbreaking. But they need to let go,bringing the lies that Seulgi has created. And the painful reality that tonight their relationship will destined to end.

I'm sorry,Joy...

 

***

"Sol. Have you seen Seulgi? I haven't seen her since this afternoon"Irene asked worriedly as she and her friend Solar walked towards the school gate. It was already five and their classes has already ended but she couldn't still saw Seulgi around making her felt more worried.

"I thought she told you they were starting to decorate the main hall for the school fare today?"

"Yeah,she did. And I already go there to look for her but Moonbyul said she already left the hall and she didn't came back"

"Did you tried to call her?"

"Yes,I did but her phone was off"

"Maybe she was already at home?"

Irene shrug her shoulder

"Nah,don't worry about that bear. Sure she was fine. Your just overly reacting,you know" Solar assured as she give a comforting pat on Irene's back

Irene heave a sigh and nod although a part of her was not really fully convince maybe Solar was right. She was just overly reacting.

As they both arrived near the entrance. Solar suddenly stop from her track. Confused,Irene also did the same before she slowly tilted her head to face infront.

Her eyes slight widen in surprise the moment she saw a familiar person standing infront of her almost blocking her way.

"We need to talked"the person's demanding voice confuses both Solar and Irene.

They both exchange looks before Irene manage to form a word

"I am going home now. Can you just postponed whatever it is?" Irene doesn't want to sound rude but she can't anymore deal with anything right now. Her body was already exhausted and the only thing she wanted right at that moment is to lie down on her bed and sleep.

The person pursed her lips.

Irene thought she already give up and allowed her to do what she wanted but to her surprised the person suddenly grab her hand and drag her with her without a warning. Even Solar haven't even given a chance to react.

***

"Wendy! I told you I'm going home now. I'm already exhausted and the only thing that I wanted to do is to rest and sleep on my comfy bed hugging my fluffy plushies. Can't you get-" Irene's words suddenly been cut off when Wendy suddenly stop from her track,swiftly facing her and lending out a familiar purple bag infront of her face.

Irene raises an eyebrow to her but when she notice Wendy was avoiding making eye contact with her and her cheeks turn into a hue of pink. Everything slowly make sense to her causing a smile crept out at the corner of her lips.

"So,you ate it?"she asked

Wendy cleared as she straigten the imaginary wrinkles on her shirt before lifting her head to face the grinning Irene.

"Of course. You said,you cook it and...you even stay up all night just to prepared all of it. It's a rude of me if I didn't eat it,you know"Wendy explained

"Yeah. I'm glad you didn't ignored it"Irene said almost grinning again in too much happiness

Wendy might notice that Irene was enjoying her awkward gestured earlier because she suddenly turn around and was about to leave when Irene suddenly grab her forearm stopping her.

"Where are you going?"

"Going home?"

"Yah! Your going home and you will just leave me here alone after you suddenly drag me here without my consent! How rude of you"Irene complained with a pout. Narrowing her eyes or more like glaring at Wendy.

Wendy heave a sigh. Reaching to put her hands on top of Irene's hand that was gripping her forearm before gently guiding it off from her hand.

"Fine. Do you want me to drive you home,then?"

"What?"

Again,Wendy heave a sigh. Shaking her head a little before looking back at Irene.

"You know your cute but sadly your too slow"

"Did you just called me slow?"

"Aish. Why am I dealing with a gradma like you now? What have I done to deserve this?"

"Yah! I'm not a grandma!"she complained as she punch Wendy on her arms.

"Ok.ok.granny.stop punching my poor arms and let's get out of here so you can take your rest and sleep in your comfy bed while hugging your fluffy plushies-aHh!"Wendy suddenly yelp in pain when another punch hit her in the stomach this time.

"Called me granny again and I will kill you"

"Why you so violent? And where did the sweet and caring Irene  before go?"

"She went outer space"Irene said sarcastically before she walked out first ignoring Wendy who was still crying in pain.

***

"Who said were riding a car?"

"But you look like you can afford one then why does were only riding a bike?"

"Because this is my service?"

"But Seulgi has a car"

"So?"

"She's your bestfriend"

"And?"

"Didn't bestfriend have a same things in common?"

"So you thought I also riding a car?"

Irene nodded her head.

Wendy heave another heavy sigh. 

A moment ago,she felt like she's dealing with a grandma but now,it feels like she's baby sitting a 5 years old kid.

"Sometimes,you need to expect the unexpected,Irene"she said heaving another heavy sigh.

"Just hop on would you? I'm already tired of dealing with your granny slash child like mind-Ok,alright I'll stop now!Aish"Wendy said the moment she notice Irene's hand was about to reach for her poor arm again.

Wendy was the first one to hop on her bike before putting on her helmet. Her hands were already gripping the handlebar before starting the engine. But when she glances back at Irene,she was confused to see her still standing on her spot without even moving an inch.

She raises an eyebrow to her

Irene notice the questioning look that Wendy was giving to her. Fidgeting her fingers behind as she bit on her bottom lips before she decided to utter a word.

"I don't think I can ride it I'm nervous. I haven't ride a bike before"she said almost in a whisper

Wendy stared at her for a moment before she suddenly ride off from her bike. Slowly,walking closer to the latter. She stop when she reaches infront of her.

Irene stared back at her,waiting for whatever Wendy will going to do next.

But to her surprise,Wendy suddenly put on the helmet that she was holding on her hand.

"You should trust me. Do you think I will put you in danger?"

"Nonono. It's not-"Irene words has been cut off when Wendy suddenly pulled down the visor of her helmet.

"I will never put you in danger. And that what I want you to do now is to trust me as much as I trust you"she said in a gentle tone of voice that slightly surprises Irene but all of her thoughts has been thrown away when Wendy suddenly grab her hands dragging her towards her bike.

Why does she always like to drag me around? Aish.This girl.

"Hop on"she said as she reaches her hands out for Irene to take.

Irene hesitated for awhile but Wendy was a little bit impatient when she suddenly reach to hold Irene's hand instead which ended up for Irene to finally do what is told although she was still nervous.

"You can encircle your arms around my waist so you will not fall. Just saying"Wendy said as she side glance Irene

"What? I'm not hugging you!"Irene retort with a blush

"Aish. I'm not telling you to hug me. What I meant-Aish! Nevermind. Whatever,if you don't want to,I will not force but don't blame me if you falls down from your seat,ok?"

"Yeah! Yeah!"Irene said,nodding her head repeatedly

Again,Wendy heave a sigh before she started the engine again. Pulling the clutch lever in,
then using her left foot to shift down to first gear, and then slowly releasing the clutch lever, and at the same time gradually rolling on the throttle. After doing so,the bike suddenly move without giving Irene a warning. Because of too much surprised,she suddenly lose her balance causing her to immediately reach to grip on her Wendy's shirt for support before snaking her arms to encircle around Wendy's waist.

A wide grin immediately crept it's way to Wendy's lips"I told you"

"Shut up!"

 

***

"Hyeri!"

"Oh hey,Joy. What's up? What can I do for you?" Hyeri asked with a smirk as she fully faced Joy.

Joy heave a sigh. The grip on her skirt tightened. There's a hesitation on her eyes but when the past event flashing back to her mind she can't help herself not to felt angry. 

It's final. She already decided for her next move and no one can stop her from doing it.

"I'll accept it"she started" I'm joining forces with you"

The smirk on Hyeri's faces widen. Her eyes glistened in delight before she suddenly clasp her hands together"I'll assure you that you will not regret this"

"Welcome to the group,Park Joy"

 

****

Another update for you guys:') Thank you for supporting this story. For all of your good comments and also for subscribing and upvoting.Thank you. It was a great thing for me:')

Red Flavor is awesome. I really like the song and also the mv. Everything was on point. The outfit and also their hairstyle I really like it.It suit them all. RV is truly a visual group with talented members. Fighting Red Velvet:'))

An apology for the errors))