Eleventh

Would you be mine?

Irene is not the type of person who attached herself too much to someone. She's the kind of person who will never get worried to someone especially to a stranger. This is not her. But they say,everything has an exception. And today,for the first time in her life history,she find herself worrying for a certain stranger.

Where is she by the way?Irene ask herself the moment her eyes landed on the empty seat next to her.

She tried to focus her attention on their lesson but who is she fooling when everytime her eyes landed on the person's seat,she can't keep herself not to worry for her.

Wendy haven't attended the whole morning classes which is new to Irene because Wendy,despite of her usual routine(which is sleeping in class)never ever skip on their classes.

 

Then where is she?

 

 

***

 

It's almost lunchbreak. Student's gradually leaving their classroom going to the cafeteria to take their lunch.But Irene has other plan in mind. Grabbing all her things atop of the table and putting it all inside her bag swinging it on her shoulder before standing up from her seat. She was about to exit the room when someone called for her.

 

"Irene"

 

"Seul"Irene said as she faces the latter.

 

"Are you going somewhere else?" Seulgi asked,curiousity was all over her face and voice

 

"Oh..ahm..I need to go to the library first"she lied,crosding her fingers behind her back. Things she always do when she's nervous or after she said a lie.

 

Oh wait! Lie? Why did she even need to lie? It's not like she was going to do something forbidden right? Aish,Irene! What's really happening to you?

 

"Your not going to take your lunch first before going to the library?" Seulgi asked factly which hit the realization to Irene that her excuse is totally the lamest excuse ever in the entire history.

 

Irene bit on her inner cheeks"Ahm..This is urgent,Seul. I need to do this first"She said trying to defend her lame excuse.

 

Seulgi stared at her. But the concern look Irene saw on the latters eyes make her felt bad and guilty inside.

 

"But don't worry before the lunch break ends I'll make sure to eat my lunch. Promise" Irene said,wondering if those words can ease the worries on the latters eyes. And Irene was thankful enough that she succeed this time because Seulgi's face started to relax and her lips slowly tugging up at it's corner.

Seulgi give her a slight nod

 

"Ok"Seulgi uttered shortly

 

Irene purse her lips together and nodded her head firmly like a cute little kiddo which earn a soft giggle from the latter.

They go on the separate ways after that but not before Seulgi suddenly reach to ruffle Irene's hair affectionately which made Irene blush a little and before Seulgi was gone from her sight Irene unknowingly let out a small smile.

 

***

Irene carefully took a small but careful step on the stairs up to the school's rooftop. Like the last time,she feels her heartbeat races beyond normal again and her hands felt sweaty. As she arrived at the door of the rooftop she takes three long deep breath before finally twisting the knob to open it.

She slowly roam her eyes around the empty place once she step inside of the rooftop,looking for the person. Her eyebrows knitted when after a minute she couldn't still find her.

 

"Where is she?" Irene blunted

 

"Who is she?"

A familiar voice get her attention before a sweet hot breath tickles the back of her ears that startled her a bit. She immediately turned around only to find herself facing the smirking face of the person she was looking for earlier. Irene take few more step backward to distance herself from the latter,the close proximity between their faces made her a little bit uncomfortable why? That's still the big question.

"W-what?" 

 

"Your looking for someone?" Wendy asked but the gentleness on voice is new to Irene's ears

 

"I..y-yes…I'm..I'm looking for you-I mean for my friend..yeah...I'm looking for my friend" she stammered while pretending to look around avoiding Wendy's gaze,while biting on her bottom lips to ease this whole embarrassing moment that happening right now.

 

Wendy raises an eyebrow. Although she already know that Irene was only lying she decided to just let it go and go with the flow,pretending she believe the latter's word.

She slightly nod her head.

 

"No one got in her since this morning"she said observing Irene's gesture with her eyes

Irene slowly tilted her head to face her again only to receive a knowing smirk from Wendy.

 

"Oh?R-Really?"

 

Wendy nod her head again still not leaving her eyes from Irene. She wanted to see Irene's every reaction. She don't know why but it's starting to entertain her in a good way.

 

"O..kay. So I think there's no reason to stay her for long. I need to go now. Thank's for the info.by the way"she said bowing her head a little.She take few careful steps towards the door,muttering some incoherent words as she passes by Wendy.

But as soon as she arrived at the door she suddenly stop from her trance. Her hands grip tightly on the knob. She closes her eyes for a while and chanted a silent You can do this,Irene. Just a simple lunch and everything will be ok to herself before opening it again.

Taking few more deep breath,she finally turn her head to face Wendy again who was now wearing a confuse look on her face. Irene just need to control herself not to let out a soft giggle because the view is really adorable yet new to her eyes.

 

"Did you forget something?"

 

Irene shook her head"Ahm...I was wondering if you could help me with something"She paused giving Wendy a quick glance and when Wendy didn't say a word after more than a minute she decided to continue her words." This morning,my mom visited me in my room and she prepared me this lunch"Irene raises the small bag where her lunch box was into"She prepared too much and I don't think I can eat this alone"

Factly,her mom did prepared the food fo her when she payed a visit this morning to her dorm but the lie was the statement that She couldn't finish eating the food alone. Heck,she can even eat all of it in one go.

 

"Is this your subtle way of asking me to share a lunch with you,Ms.Bae?" came the teasing reply from the latter

Irene roll her eyes. Now,she concluded that Wendy really enjoy teasing her.

 

"Say.Are you going to accept my offer or not?" Irene asked impatiently

 

Wendy didn't budge from her spot for a moment. She remained looking at her but the playful smirk and look from her prove that she's really enjoying this moment teasing Irene.

 

"Ok" came the short reply in it's usual cold tone from Wendy

 

The moment Irene receive those reply she immediately turn on her heels walking to sit on the corner but what Wendy misses was the wide grin Irene was wearing on her face at that moment.While Wendy silently followed suit.

***

Wendy couldn't even focus eating her own food because all of her attention was now fix on the girl sitting across her who is really enjoying eating her foods munching and chewing it  like she was one of the contestant in an eating contest. But what really surprises her was when Irene finishes almost all the food infront of her in just a minute.

 

"I thought you couldn't eat this alone?" Wendy blunted the question getting Irene's attention. Slowly,Irene lifted her head from her food with the spoon still settled between her lips which Wendy find the most adorable view she ever saw in her entire life.

 

Irene blink her eyes for a while while she still trying to process Wendy's words and when she finally did her eyes immediately widen. The gesture didn't failed to take notice by Wendy as a smirk slowly crept out at the corner of her lips.

 

"I..I'm just...hungry..yeah..w-what do you expect? It's already past twelve"Irene retort defending to hide her own lie. She stared at Wendy who was also staring at her which became a staring battle after awhile when almost both of them didn't even uttered a word again. 

 

"I'll let your excuse pass this time since you treat me a lunch,let just say it's my way of thanking you" Wendy started again breaking the ice of silence

 

"I'm not making an excuse you know" Irene retort giving Wendy a warning look but Wendy remained unfazed. Until,she suddenly boldly inches her face closer to Irene which surprises the latter,their faces was almost an inches away from each other. Irene gulp the lump in as she slowly pulled her face away from the latter. She could feel the loud and erratical beating of her heart and she's afraid it will jump out of her chest any minute because she could no longer control it. Why does they always ending up doing this? And why does Wendy always make sure they will ended up with this awkward position? Her,and Wendy,with their faces almost an inch away from each other.

 

"I t-think you should learn to stay your face a little bit far from my face next time,what do you think?" Irene said gently as she tried to keep the distance of their faces from each other.

 

Wendy let out a small smile"You know what,I really like a girl who has a good eating habit"

 

"W-what?"

 

"Nothing" Wendy dismissed before pulling herself away back to her sitting position.

 

While Irene on the other hand was still stunned on her spot. Her eyes remained staring at the latter but her mind was on the verge of processing everything that just happened including those word that Wendy said.

 

---

After eating their lunch,Irene immediately clean the area with Wendy helping her. Putting all the utensil and lunch boxes inside the small bag until everything was settled and the area were cleaned.

 

"Thank's for the free lunch"came the sincere words from Wendy that surprises Irene as she give Wendy a surprise look. But Wendy was looking infront so she failed to notice the surprise look Irene was given to her at that moment.

It lasted in just a second,before Irene's surprise expression immediately replaces with a wider smile when her eyes notice the tint of pink on Wendy's cheeks.

 

"Welcome" She said flashing her signature sweet eye smile the exact moment Wendy snap her head to look at her. 

 

Wendy stared at her for a moment before she let out a smile,too.

They stand there facing and looking at each while wearing the same smile on both of their faces.

 

***

 

"Hey Seul! Is that Irene and...Wendy?"Solar said the moment her eyes catches the two walking on the other side of the hall

Slowly,Seulgi followed the direction with her eyes until it landed on the two familiar faces wearing a different expression on their faces,one with a cheerful expression and the other one with her usual calm expression, walking towards their direction.

Seulgi doesn't know why but she feels a sudden jolt inside her chest the moment she notice how happy Irene was at that moment and without her knowing,she was already gripping the hem of her shirt tightly that it made her knuckles turns white.

 

"Hey Irene!" Solar called out waving both of her hands up in the air to get her friend's attention which she succesfully did when Irene wave back and rushes towards their direction.

 

"Hey Sol"Irene greeted back with a big smile

 

"Where have you been? You didn't share a lunch with us" Solar interrogated as she raises an eyebrows to her friend

 

"I was in the library"she lied

 

"Really? At lunch break?"Solar interrogated more. Giving Irene a suspicious look before shifting it to eye Wendy who was now approaching towards their direction.

 

"I'm telling you the truth. In fact,I told Seulgi about it.Right,Seul?" Irene said as she give Seulgi an expectant look.

 

Solar stared at Seulgi too as both of them waited for the latter to answer.

Seulgi stared at them,shifting her gaze from Irene to Solar and back to Irene again

 

"Yes,she did. I'm sorry I didn't tell you"

 

"See. I told you"

 

Solar heave a sigh"Yeah yeah,I believe you now but please make sure next time you inform me too not only Seul so I'll not be left clueless alone"

 

"Ok. Sorry" 

 

The three of them suddenly paused on their spot when Wendy passes by their direction. Their gazes follow her until she already turn at the corner going to the direction of their classroom.

 

"Now,another thing I was curious about."Solar paused"Why are you with Wendy again?" She suddenly blunted which earn a cough from Irene

Irene slightly punch her chest to let her coughing dies down.

 

"I was not with her,ok!" She lied.

 

Alright,this is already getting a little more crazy for Irene to handle. First,she lied to Seulgi and now she was lying again and worst she was lying from her own bestfriend! Really,what's happening? Why did she need to lie when Wendy was included in the topic?

Solar raises an eyebrow. The suspicious look was still visible on her eyes and Irene was afraid that Solar might notice that she was lying now.

 

"Promise" She added while raising her right hand to seal her(Lie)words.

 

 Solar heave a sigh. Crossing her arms on her chest.

 

"Alright.Whatever you say"Solar give in"We should go to our room now before we got late" She propose after.

 

Seulgi and Irene nodded their head in unison.

Solar was the first one to take her step while Irene followed suit.

Seulgi was left standing there on the same spot as her gaze followed Irene's back figure before the past event flashes back to her.

 

After making sure that she was already out of Irene sight,Seulgi decided to hide herself at the back of the wall as she continue following on where Irene was really going. She doesn't know why she's doing this things right now,following someone like a creepy stalker but she was just determined to know the truth. 

 

What was Irene hiding from her?

 

She stop from her trance when she arrived at the stairwell going up to their school's rooftop.

Seulgi arches her brow in confusion.

 

What is Irene doing in the school rooftop during this time?

 

She took careful step towards the top of the stairs where the door was located. As she arrived on top,she decided to take a peak on the space between the door.

Her eyes widen a little,the moment she saw the two familiar faces sitting across each other and eating a lunch together.

She takes few heavy step backward away from the door before deciding to take her leave in a rush.

 

"Why do you need to lie to me,Irene?"Seulgi uttered to herself her eyes remained looking at the retreating figure of the latter.

 

 

 

***

Hello readers! I'm back!!!

Sorry,for not updating this fic for so long. It just that I got a little bit busy with some stuff this past few weeks. But don't worry,I'll try to update this fic more often this time. Hope you like and enjoy this update:))thank you

An early apology for some typos...

​​