Chapter 08

Stranger to Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Promise me something.” Yongguk said as he and Hana sat and watched the sunset together.

“What?”

 

“That you will never leave me.”

 

Hana turned to look at him with a confused face. “Did you do something wrong?”

 

He looked at her. “Just promise me.”

 

“Then promise me that you will only have me in your heart.”

 

Yongguk took Hana’s hand, placed it on over his left chest, and smiled at her. “There is only room for you and no one else.”

 

Happily, Hana nodded. “No matter what happens, I will never leave you. Ever.”

===========================================================================================================================

Yongguk was tasked to entertain a potential business partner. As the two were entertained at a lounge full of ladies, Hana kept post at the front. Why do I have to come to such place with him? Surely nothing will happen here.

 

Before Hana can relax a bit, gunshots and noises were heard inside. She rushed down to find Yongguk. The place was dimmed; people were running around screaming; a few bodies were on the ground, lifeless; she continues to look for him.

 

At the other corner, Yongguk and a few bodyguards were firing back at a group of men in suits. Hana spotted them and ran over as fast as possible.

 

“Why are you in here?” Yongguk asked her. “Are you not worried about your life?”

 

“I was tasked to protect you.” Hana said as she drew her gun out and help shoot.

 

The two helped the business partner out and got him in a car to leave safely. Yongnam arrived just in time and the two got inside the car.

 

“Did you two got hurt?” Yongnam asked.

 

“No.” Yongguk replied as he looked back to see if they were being followed. “Who were those people?”

 

“Father got wind that someone is trying to sabotage the deal. And also to take out the Bang’s family.”

 

Yongnam looked back at Hana and noticed that she was looking pale. Her forehead was sweating. Her face was in pain. He noticed her left hand was over her side stomach. “Hang on!” He yelled at her.

 

Yongguk looked back and saw what his brother saw. He was furious. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“What would you have done?” She fired back.

===========================================================================================================================

Instead of the hospital, the Bang’s family have their own doctors and nurses. As the doctor was extracting the bullets out of Hana, Yongguk stood beside her, worried.

 

“This is going to hurt” The doctor said as he about to take the last bullet out.

 

Hana grabbed onto Yongguk’s hand and squeeze it as hard as she could.

 

Finally, the nurses bandaged her up and left the two alone. Her hand was still holding onto his. Her phone rang, and it was her brother. She didn’t pick up and when Yongguk asked why, she say she doesn’t know who it was. Luckily, she didn’t save anyone number. Yongnam entered the room to see if she was alright.

 

“Glad you’re okay.” Yongnam said as he patted her shoulder. “Guk, father want to see you.”

 

Although hesitant to leave her, he went to see his Father.

===========================================================================================================================

 

“You wanted to see me Father?”

 

“Sit”

 

Yongguk took a seat across from his father. Yongnam sat next to him. They wondered what could it be.

 

“Tonight incident” Jung Wook said as he walked over to his chair. He sighed. “It wasn’t to simply sabotage the deal or to take our family out.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter