31. Orange Blossom [Bonus 1]

Gambling With Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Myungsoo,” Jongin apprehensively started, “you’re crying.” Hana turned to look at her partner, surprised.

Sure enough, there were tears lining his eyes, and there was a single tear streak running down his left cheek. The four detectives, two medical examiners, and prosecutor were gathered at Jongin and Krystal’s apartment to watch Train to Busan. Howon had a night shift at the hospital, and Yixing was filming for a variety show.

They had gotten about three-quarters of the way through, and none of them were crying yet, but it seemed that Myungsoo was greatly affected by the death of one of the characters.

“Dude,” Kyungsoo stated, surprise evident in his voice as well. “Krystal’s four months pregnant, and she’s completely okay.”

“Excuse you!” Krystal spoke up, ready to defend herself. “How am I supposed to deal with my mood swings? There’s a person growing in me!”

“Okay, there’s no need to get worked up. You’re not drawing blood,” Jongin laughed as he popped a kernal of popcorn into his mouth. Krystal glared at her husband.

“I draw more first bloods than a middle school bathroom.”

“I’m aware,” Kyungsoo spoke as he blinked at her, ignoring her comment. “I'm just saying — you have a legitimate excuse to be crying at the movie, not him.”

“I just...I just have a lot of feelings, okay,” defended Myungsoo.

“Is that why you run so fast sometimes? You’re running from your feelings?” laughed Hansol. Myungsoo glared at the man half-heartedly.

“I sincerely wonder how you function sometimes,” Jessica commented as she grabbed a fistful of popcorn and slowly started snacking on them. Hana stayed quiet, instead choosing to watch the bickering instead of taking part in it until she heard her phone buzz, and she got excited for a moment, hoping it was her boyfriend. Hana unlocked her phone, and her smile fell when it was just a news alert about her parents’ company. Even though she hadn’t spoken to them in years, she still wanted to make sure that they were alive and doing well. It was something that she hoped they did for her as well, but she doubted it.

“What, lover boy is still busy?” Hansol asked when he noticed his sister’s smile fall. Hana nodded.

“He hasn’t texted me since filming started.”

“Probably because he’s being teased about you,” Jongin laughed. “Isn’t Sunggyu on the same shoot?” Hana grinned.

“That is true,” she laughed. “It’s a fair deal considering all the crap I’ve been getting from some of his fans. I swear, it’s only been two weeks since the news broke out after Yixing decided that he couldn’t keep pretending to have cases to come see me, but I feel like it’s been longer considering the number of death threats I’ve gotten.”

“Fans are crazy,” Jessica spoke.

“They’re dedicated,” Kyungsoo pointed out.

“Since when are you on their side?” Hansol asked.

“Since he started fanboying over Sunmi,” Myungsoo laughed. Kyungsoo glared at him before speaking.

“When I die, I want to make sure you’re going to be at my funeral.”

“Why would you need to make sure of that?” Myungsoo asked surprised.

“For old time’s sake, so you can let me down one last time.” Jongin had to physically restrain his cousin from throwing the bowl of popcorn on Kyungsoo.

“Do whatever you want, but do not abuse the popcorn.” Jessica threw a few kernels of popcorn on them anyways.

“Can we just watch the goddamn movie? Gong Yoo’s back on the screen.”

By the time the movie had ended, Krystal was a bawling mess, and Jongin and Jessica had to take her outside for a walk to calm her down. Myungsoo cried as well, and Kyungsoo ended up convincing him and Hansol to go to the bar, leaving Hana alone in Krystal and Jongin’s place. For the rest of the movie, Yixing still hadn’t messaged her, and she was tempted to call him.

It was weird not hearing from him for so long. Even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter