28. White Chrysanthemum

Gambling With Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing hummed contemplatively before speaking up, pointing at the map with his index finger, “There isn’t anything special that shows up in the blueprint, though.” Taking a closer look at the blueprint, Hana, unfortunately, agreed. There wasn’t anything out of place in the blueprint that would be indicative of anything. They needed a reason to be able     to search the place, and how were they supposed to do that when they couldn’t even use the blueprints in the first place. 

Unless, there was something they were missing. Hana scanned the blueprints again, her eyes scanning for a date, but she didn’t see anything.

“Could there be an addition he made to the store after these blueprints were made? Like if these were the original blueprints, and there was an updated version of the blueprints that we didn’t find? How old are these blueprints, anyway?”

Myungsoo pushed himself away from the desk, stretching his arms over his head as he tilted his head. “Probably from when the building was first built,” he replied as he flipped the blueprint over onto its back. They scanned it for any indication of a date, but there was nothing there.

“Okay, so we have no idea if this was from ten years ago or ten weeks ago,” stated Jongin. 

“Thanks, Captain Obvious,” Hana muttered. She was thinking about where Baekhyun could hide the girls, but the only explanation that she could come up with was the floral shop. It was easily accessible for him, and it was closed off from outside people. No one could enter the store without his knowledge, so he could avoid unwanted attention. There also wasn’t any other building that he had bought under either one of his names. Not to mention the fact that he had access to all the flowers he would need. 

Suddenly, Hana remembered how nothing seemed out of place when they had gone to look at the inventory at his store - he was using the flowers for himself, so why bother logging it?

Everything was beginning to fall into place, and yet, there still wasn’t anything they could do. Hana was beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel and was starting to feel less suffocated, less scared all the time, once they had caught a break in the case with Jie Xin, especially with Yixing’s presence starting to act as a soothing balm, but the frustration was bubbling again in Hana at the inability to do anything. They had all the information right there and all the bodies to connect to him, but  there was not a single piece of concrete evidence that could be useful.

She moved a few steps backward, away from Myungsoo, and turned around to go to the break room. 

“I’ll be back,” she said before leaving. She walked into the break room, happy that no one else was in the room, and then closed the door behind her. Hana let herself drop into a chair and kept her eyes closed, just so she could clear her mess of a mind. 

It wasn’t long before the door opened to the breakroom. Hana was about to straighten up when she smelled a familiar scent of cologne and realized who it was. She was well aware that her eyes would probably be red at this point, but she could care less in front of Yixing. 

Sure enough, the man came around her and crouched in front of her chair, balancing on the tips of his toes as he set his palms on her knees.

“You okay?” he asked gently, his eyes searching her face. Her instinctive reaction was to lie, say she was fine, but Yixing definitely would not let that go. In the little time that they’d known each other, he had learned her ticks and tells quite well, to her annoyance. 

“No,” she truthfully answered. Yixing stood up and grabbed a hold of her hands to pull her up from her chair before wrapping her up in his arms. He simply held her in complete silence. The only indication that he needed this hug as much as she did was the fact that his arms tightened around her after a bit before he burrowed his face in her neck. She could feel him breathing her in, and she knew that if anyone walked into the room, they’d have a problem on their hands, so Hana pulled away slowly.

“I guess we all need a hug once in a while, huh.”

“I guess we do,” he agreed, leaning against the table..

“You’re having a hard time with this too. Why aren’t you showing it?” Hana asked, even though she knew she was guilty of the exact same thing.  

Yixing looked into her eyes before responding, “You know why.”

Haeun gave him a wry smile. “You’re my boyfriend now which means you need to tell me things.” Yixing raised his eyebrow at that, and she rolled her eyes. “Shut up, I know I’ve been guilty of that, but I have been opening up. I told you about my parents too! I trust you, Yixing, and it’s about time you start letting me in too. We just hit a snag in the road towards catching Baekhyun, but we’re almost there. We’ll get him, and you told me that. I know you think that you were involved in starting Baekhyun’s killing spree, but you were a kid! Baekhyun was messed up in the head long before he killed his brother. Nothing that happened was our fault. I know that now, and you’re the reason why I do. It’s about time you start heeding your own advice.”

“So, I guess we’re dating now?”

Hana blinked at him. “Out of my entire speech, that’s what you’re choosing to focus on?”

“You called me your boyfriend!”

“Wow, I just gave you a freaking monologue.” Yixing just grinned at her mischievously, and she moved to punch him in the shoulder. She felt a weird sense of satisfaction when he winced in pain. 

“Okay, okay! You’re right, I’m sorry,” he said, and Hana smiled until Yixing’s expression turned contemplative. He moved to tap his index finger on his chin a few times. “Or wiat, does that make me right because I told you that stuff?” he asked, grinning cheekily. 

Hana bit her lip as she resisted the urge to punch him in the face.

“Zhang Yixing.”

“Fine! You’re right. I have been over-thinking a lot lately. It was mostly about you, but now it’s Baekhyun. It’s just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter