Chapter 8 / Meeting Woo Jiho.

The Childhood Promise

-A few days later-

“Bye Soomi, see you on Monday!” shouted Jaycee as she ran to the flashy red sports car that her mother was driving, she waved and slipped into the front seat. Soomi smiled and waved. “So I guess it’s just you and I left, huh?” asked Minjung, Minjee had gone to a course which she had left for the previous day. Soomi nodded and asked, “Are you going home this weekend unnie?” Minjung shook her head and said, “Parents are away.”  Soomi nodded and smiled, “How about coming to my home for the weekend, unnie?” Minjung smiled appreciatively but said, “Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn’t like to be a bother, maybe another time, arraso?”

Soomi stared at her room in awe; she hadn’t expected such a huge room. A four-poster bed with pink bed posts and headboard was at one corner of the room. At another corner, there was a door that led to a room where Soomi’s clothes that she hadn’t brought to the academy were. Another door led to a bathroom with a pink-themed bathroom. It was Soomi’s fantasy land, pink was her favorite color. She looked up at her appa, “Wow…appa…did you do all this just for me?” He nodded and said, “Yep, just for you, princess.”  He pointed to the desk that was opposite her bed, “There’s a new pink laptop and cell phone there for you to use, too.” Soomi nodded and smiled,” Thank you appa!” Soomi’s appa smiled and patted her head, “Appa has to head off for a meeting soon, and you should rest and remember, we have an event to attend to tonight, alright? Appa will come home to pick you up later.”

Soomi woke up with a start, she glanced at the heart shape clock mounted on the wall beside her bed and heaved a sigh of relief, and she had thought she overslept. She stretched and jumped out of bed. She took a shower and changed into a pretty sky blue colored dress for the event she was attending with her appa. A few minutes later, someone called her down and she headed downstairs and to the limo and her father who was waiting for her. He smiled and asked, “Had a good rest, princess?” She smiled and nodded, “Nae, I did.”

“Ah, Daehyun-ssi, nice to see you again, and this must be your daughter,” said a man in a blue suit with a blazer.  Soomi’s father nodded and said, “Yes, it is nice to see you again too and this is my daughter, Soomi.” Soomi bowed politely. The man smiled at her and said, “You look very pretty today, young lady.” Soomi beamed at him and smiled, “Thank you very much.”

“Are you Soomi?” asked a boy who looked a few years older than her asked her as she walked to get herself a drink of water. She looked at him curiously, “I am, but who are you?” He smiled brightly, “I’m Woo Ji Ho, friends call me Zico. Rinnie, I mean Heerin, told me about you. She said you would be here and I should probably introduce myself and talk to you.” Soomi smiled and said, “Well, it is very nice to meet you, Ji Ho-ssi.” Zico frowned slightly and tilted his head, “Friends call me Zico, you should call me that too, and its Zico oppa to you.” She nodded and said, “Mianhe, Zico oppa.” His frown turned upside down and his lips curved into a smile.  “So, wanna hang out since our parents are all talking business?” Soomi nodded and starting chatting with Zico.

“Bye Zico oppa, hope we’ll see each other again soon,” called Soomi to Zico as he walked towards his parents after the event had ended. He smiled and nodded his head, “I’ll ask Rinnie to plan a day where we could all go to town together.” Soomi had thoroughly enjoyed Zico’s company, he was very much different from anyone she had ever met, yet he was funny, caring and a fun person to talk to and be with.

Zico had enjoyed talking to Soomi, he had thought she was very pretty and he wanted to get to know her better.