Chapter 11.

The Childhood Promise

-Junkyu’s POV-

“Junkyu oppa…I have news. I have to go to help my friend with a performance and will not be able to meet you. I want you to come along to the performance though…” said Soomi. I hid my sigh of disappointment and said, “That’s okay. I’ll still go to watch the performance. Mhm, okay bye.” 

Chaerin noona walked down the stairs and saw me sulking on the couch. “Why the long face?” I sighed and said, “Can’t meet Soomi, she has to help a friend with a performance.” She laughed, ruffled my hair and said, “You’re still meeting her, at least. You’ll be in Seoul for two days.” I nodded and said, “One day will go by really fast.” She shrugged and said, “Can’t be helped.”

-A few days later-

-Zico’s POV-

I saw Soomi’s friend step off the train. I can’t believe I’m helping the girls with this.  I strode towards him with my best friend, B-Bomb, behind me. “Junkyu?” I said. He stared at me in shock, “Who are you? What do you want?” B-Bomb stared at him and burst out laughing, “Dudeee, we’re here in place of Soomi. Calm down. We’re not going to kidnap you or anything.” I hid a smile and said, “Hey, I’m Zico, Junkyu right? I’ve met Soomi. She’s pretty and has a nice personality. You’re lucky you’re so important to her.” He narrowed his eyes and said, “How do I know you’re telling the truth?” B-Bomb took out his phone and dialed Heerin’s number. “Please tell Soomi to tell her Junkyu oppa that we’re not trying to kidnap him.” he said, rolling his eyes.

“Junkyu oppa, they’re not going to kidnap you. They are my friends. They are going to bring you to the performance venue. Follow them, arraso?” Junkyu was finally convinced of going with us and we brought him to the theatre.

-Backstage-

Minjung was dressed in a leopard print crop top and ripped denim shorts Soomi was dressed in a pink and white striped halter top and red shorts.  They practiced their routine one last time and got ready to go on stage. Soomi peeked out from the curtains and looked at the audience scanned the crowd for Junkyu. She spotted him sitting with Zico-Bomb and her other friends. She tried to catch his attention and he saw her and waved. She waved back and quickly ran back to put the finishing touches.

Minjung turned to Soomi and said, “I’m really nervous!” Soomi smiled at her and said, “You’ll do fine. Remember how hard you practiced for this?” Minjung nodded and smiled back, “Okay, I can do this!”

Minjung and Soomi confidently strutted onto the stage when they were introduced to the audience. The music played and they performed the dance to the best of their abilities.

Junkyu was stunned at Soomi’s dancing abilities. He knew she danced but didn’t know how well she could dance. Zico had an awestruck expression on his face. He danced as well and she was one of the best dancers he had ever seen.

After the performance, all of them rushed backstage and met their Soomi and Minjung. Jaycee clapped enthusiastically and said, “You guys were amazing out there!” Soomi smiled and Minjung hugged Jaycee, “Thanks, I hope the talent scout thought so too.” The other girls nodded and said, “We’re sure they did.” Soomi looked behind them and spotted Junkyu. “Oppa!” she shouted and ran over to hug him. Junkyu smiled and hugged her tightly. “I’ve missed you, Soomi-ah!” Zico cleared his throat and Soomi and Junkyu broke away from the hug. “I think we should go out and have dinner and stuff.”

They all nodded in agreement while B-Bomb raised his eyebrows and nudged Zico. Zico brushed him off and they all left to get dinner.

A/N : Someone’s jealouuuuus~ Oh my gosh, I haven’t updated in forever, I’m so sorry, please forgive me T.T