Chapter 7/ Friends and making a good friend

The Childhood Promise

Soomi’s POV

“Annyeong! Kim So Eun imnida!” said the tall girl. “Everyone calls me Jaycee though, so you should too,”   she said with a wink. I smiled at her and bowed. “Nae, Lee Soomi imnida! Hope we’ll be good friends!” Jaycee smiled and said, “Of course.”

A pretty girl with her hair in a bun smiled brightly and said, “Hello! I’m Haerin! It’s great to finally meet you!”  I smiled and nodded.  “Same here!”

Two girls who looked exactly the same other than their hairstyles and bags turned to me. “I’m Minjee, my friends call me Bunny” said the girl with chestnut colored hair with darker brown streaks. She was carrying a pink expensive looking backpack. “Song Minjung,” said the other girl, who had her hair layered, but was multicolored. She was carrying a white tote bag. Minjung said “We’re twins, you can pretty much differentiate us easily, and I’m more relaxed and laid-back while Bunny there,” she pointed at Minjee, “is more hyper and full of aeygo.” I smiled and said, “Soomi imnida. I really like your hair.” Minjung nodded and walked away.

Heerin said, “Sorry about that. Something major happened and it’s really bad. It was hard for all of us but it was the worse for Minjung.” I nodded in understanding.

-a few days later-

Minjung’s POV.

Soomi’s really nice but I have been my usual cold self. I really hate being so cold. My emotions are frozen ever since he left without a word. It’s like he never existed. I walked into our dance studio and sighed. The door had a sign which said,” Fire’s’” That was us. Me and Junhyung. Oppa, you left without a word. I went into the studio and the lights. I pressed the play button and selected the song. I started dancing and imagined Junhyung was there with me.  The song was called, “Thanks for the memories.” When the song finished, I fell to my knees and sank to the ground, crying my heart out.

Soomi’s POV.

I was walking back to my room when I heard a song coming from a studio. The melody was beautiful and the lyrics were full of meaning. I walked towards the studio and peeked into the studio. I saw Minjung dancing with her eyes closed. She was a very good dancer. The song ended and she sank to her knees. My eyes widened and I rushed in without hesitation. “Minjung, are you okay? What’s wrong?” she looked up and said, “Oh, Soomi, I-I’m fine.” She wiped the tears away and said, “I was just dancing,” I nodded, “Yeah, I wasn’t spying on you, I was just walking past.” She smiled and said, “Do you dance?” It was the first time she was so nice. I nodded and said, “Yeah, but I’m not very good.” She said, “Show me?” she pressed play and an upbeat song began to play. I began dancing freestyle. When I finished, she said, “Wow that was awesome. You’re really good!” I smiled and said, “Nah, you’re way better and thanks!” From that day on, we grew to be good friends.”