Chapter 10/Clash.

The Childhood Promise

-Zico’s home-

“Sure, I’ll be there, bye,” said Zico. He hung up and lay back onto the couch in his room, Heerin had called him to ask if he wanted to meet Soomi this weekend along with her and the rest of them. He thought of Soomi and thought about how nice it would be to see her again and maybe even hang out with her, just the two of them.  What he didn’t know was on the other hand, her superhero oppa was thinking the exact same thing.

-Over at Junkyu’s side-

I’m so happy I will get to see Soomi in two days. I can’t concentrate on anything else. I hope to be able to hang out like we used to, just the two of us, even for a while. It’s only been about a month, but I’m missing her a lot more than I expected.

-Dance studio-

Minjung and Minjee did a backflip, twirled and practiced their routine for the upcoming performance on the weekend. Minjee prepared to do her backflip but slipped at the last moment and lost her balance. She slipped and fell to the floor. She winced in agony and clutched her ankle. Soomi and Jaycee, who had been observing the practice the whole time, rushed to her side. “Minjee, are you okay?” Minjee shook her head and said, “My ankle. I think I sprained it.” Minjung rushed off to get someone to help. Minjee was sent to the hospital.

-At the hospital-

“Minjee will heal, but she needs three weeks off.” Minjung’s eyes widened, “Three weeks?! The performance is this weekend!” Soomi patted her shoulder and said, “This performance is mainly based about you isn’t it? Can’t you do it by yourself?” Minjung said, “It is mainly focused on me, but many parts of the chorography requires two people. What on earth am I supposed to do?” Haerin, who had been watching Minjung freak out from the side, suddenly spoke up, “I’ve seen Soomi dance before, she’s pretty good, maybe she could she possibly fill in for Minjee?” Minjung eyes widened and she turned to Soomi, “Will you do it, please? There’s a talent scout coming to watch me and this is a huge opportunity, please?” Soomi hesitated, “What if I mess up? I don’t want to ruin anything.” Minjung shook her head and said, “But without you, I won’t be able to even have a chance to try, even if something happens, which I’m sure it won’t, I’ll at least have tried.”

Soomi nodded, “Okay then.” Minjung breathed a sigh of relief and threw her arms around Soomi, “Thank you so much!” she said.  Jaycee spoke up, “But isn’t your friend, Junkyu coming over to Seoul and aren’t we all meeting Zico and the others?” Soomi froze, this was so important to Minjung, yet she was dying to see Junkyu. Soomi made up her mind; she would do this for Minjung. “I’ll just have to tell Junkyu that I won’t be able to make it anymore.” Soomi said bravely. Heerin looked at Soomi and said, “Maybe you could ask him to come for the performance as well?” Jaycee nodded and said, “You could do that.” Soomi smiled and nodded.