Chapter 2 / What?

The Childhood Promise

Sorry I haven't updated >< was having writer's block.

 

As the months went by, the duo became very close. They played together and told each other everything. They could count on each other and they were inseparable.

“Oppa, will you promise me something? “ Soomi asked, smiling. “Of course, what is it? “ Junkyu replied, patting her head. Soomi looked up at him, “No matter what happens, you’ll always be there for me? “ Junkyu nodded, “I promise!” He held up his pinky in a show of pinky promise.

-Next day-

-Soomi’s home-

“Soomi-ah! Where are you?” said Lee Daehyun, Soomi’s appa. Lee Daehyun owned a large company which had shopping malls all over Korea. He was extremely wealthy but did not flaunt his wealth and was generous and kind. But, because of his wealth, he had many enemies and in order to keep Soomi safe, he had sent her to live with her aunt and uncle in another state of Korea and she was brought up with a normal childhood.

“APPA?! I’m here!” shouted Soomi and embraced her father. “Soomi-ah,I have a piece of news for you! Would you like to come and live with appa?” Soomi’s eyes widened, “Yes, yes I would!” she shouted and jumped up and down.

“But…you have to move to Seoul,” Soomi’s heart stopped, that would mean she wouldn’t be able to talk and play with Junkyu anymore?

“I hope you’ll be fine with that, I made the arrangements for your school already, you will be moving to Seoul next week.” Soomi stood there speechless. She ran out of the door and ran as fast as could to Junkyu’s house, she rang the doorbell and screamed, “Oppa! Where are you! “Junkyu ran to open the door, “Aish, I’m here! You’re going to make everyon-“ he stopped when he saw her tear-stained face.