Chapter 5/ Settling in...and a little surprise

The Childhood Promise

-A few days later-

Soomi sat in her father’s limo as she waited for him to finish his meeting and send her to school. She was wearing her new school uniform and had a pretty new backpack placed on her lap.

“Soomi, ready to go?” Her father went into the car and smiled at her. Soomi slowly nodded and said, “Nae.” The father motioned for the chauffeur to start driving and soon, they arrived at Soomi’s school.

Soomi got out and looked up at the school. It was huge. So much bigger than her old school.

Standing at the gate of the school was a tall lady who had a kind smile. She made her way to Soomi and said, “Good morning, you are Miss Lee Soomi, I presume? “

Soomi nodded, “Yes, madam.”  The woman looked at her and smiled slightly, “Good manners, but you are to address me as Principle Kim.”

Soomi nodded again, “Come along now, I need to bring you to your dorm and introduce you to your roommate and dorm master.” Suddenly, she seemed to notice Lee Daehyun, “Oh, I’m sorry; you must be Soomi’s father.”  Mr Lee said, “Yes, but it seems you have everything under control, I’ll take my leave now. Soomi’s belongings will be sent over tonight.”

To Soomi he said, “Be good, princess, I’ll see you next weekend, appa will send someone to bring you home, okay?” Soomi nodded and said, “Nae, bye appa.” Mr Lee nodded, patted her head, went back into his limo and the limo drove away.

“Oh, oh, oh, oh, oppareul sarangha-“the voice sang as Principle Kim opened the door. “Oh!” the girl stopped and stood straight. Soomi giggled and Principle Kim said, “Miss Jung, this is your roommate Lee Soomi,” she gestured to Soomi, “and this is Miss Jung Heerin,” she pointed at the girl.

“Hi Soomi! You remember me, don’t you?” Heerin waved and smiled, Soomi nodded and returned the wave, “Of course!”

Principle Kim asked, “You two have met?” Heerin nodded, “Yep, when I came back to Seoul, she sat beside me on the plane.” Principle Kim smiled, “That is good, and will you please introduce her to the dorm head? And it’s your job to show her around too.”

Heerin nodded, “Of course.” Principle Kim smiled and walked away. “Come on, I need to introduce you to our dorm leader. We need to get your name down on the dorm list!” said Heerin, lightly grabbing Soomi’s hand and walked towards the dorm leader’s room.

“Oh hey Heerin, yeah?” the dorm leader was a tall and pretty 15 year old girl named Hyunae. Heerin gestured for you to talk, “Unnie, this is Soomi, she’s new, and we need to get her name down on the list. “

Hyunae smiled, “Oh, hello!” I’m Hyunae, I’m the dorm head, if there’s anything wrong, you can come to me.” Soomi smiled and nodded.

“Soomi, is that really you?” a voice said from behind Hyunae, Soomi craned her neck and her eyes widened.