Chapter 1 / The day we first met.

The Childhood Promise

The cute little girl was swinging on a swing in the playground. Out of a sudden, a boy much bigger and taller than her marched up to her and pushed her off. Her eyes widened in surprise, she fell to the ground and injured her knee. It was bleeding. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

A hand was offered to her; she looked up and saw a boy with dark hair staring at her with a worried look, she put her hand in his and he hoisted her up. “Are you okay?” he asked, “Aniyo. That bully,” she pointed to the boy on the swing, “pushed me off the swing.”

Junkyu looked up, he walked over to the bully, as the bully saw him approaching, he stopped swinging, “Yah! You better not hurt my friend!” The girl was amazed, oh no, she thought, what if the bully hurts him?

To her amazement, the bully nodded meekly, “N-nae, nae, Mianhe, I-I didn’t k-know she’s your friend!” Junkyu stared back at the boy, “If I catch you or any of your friends bullying her, you know what you’re going to get,” The bully paled, “Yes, yes of course,”

The bully went over to the girl and said, “Mianhe for pushing you off the swing, I won’t do it again!” The bully ran off.

Junkyu walked over to the girl again. He chuckled at her amazed expression with her eyes as round and big as saucers. “Are you alright? I better bring you to my house to apply some ointment on that wound.” He piggybacked her back to his house.

At his house, the girl asked, “What’s your name?” Junkyu smiled,” I’m Junkyu, and yours? “The girl blinked, “Soomi,” Junkyu smiled a pretty name for a pretty girl. Junkyu asked, “How old are you Soomi?” She replied, “I am 8,” He laughed, “Good, I am your oppa, I am 10!” Soomi stared at him, “Nae, gomawo oppa for saving me today,” she smiled cutely.

He carefully applied ointment on her wound and covered it with a bandage. “There you go, you’ll be good to go!” he smiled; Soomi looked at him and said, “Thanks oppa, you’re like a superhero!” He chuckled, “Nae, you’re welcome, just call me superhero oppa!” She nodded and he said, “If anyone bullies you, just tell your superhero oppa, okay?” She smiled widely and nodded.

Soomi smiled as she skipped home. She had a superhero, oppa and most importantly, a new friend…