Chapter IX

Till Death Do Us Part

Life is somehow back to normal, as normal as it could be with the couple. Luna slept well every night thanks to Onew's help and with that she also wakes up early to make coffee. She also tries to make breakfast for him. The first morning she did it Onew almost did not recognize the kitchen. Luckily the scrambled egg, bacon and sausage she made all survived. Each day Luna got better with making breakfast of course the coffee she makes is still the best. Onew tries to be the good husband for her, if they want to get thru with this married life with their sanity intact they would have to work together. She makes sure to do the laundry everyday and cleans their smalll apartment. For someone who lived with no affection from her familiy Luna can be a bit awkward when Onew tries to be nice to her. 

It started with Onew bringing home some dessert for dinner, or sometimes he'd come home early so they could dine outside. He also compliments Luna's cooking every day though sometimes Luna feels like he exaggerates. He tells her what went on his day at work and Onew tries to get her to talk but Luna always says the usual.

"What did you today?" Onew asked while they wait for their food. It's Friday and he decided to treat her. 

Luna took a sip of water before she talked. "You know, just cleaning and doing the laundry."

"What else?" Onew can see her glance around the small restaurant. Luna is still not comfortable with a crowd surrounding her so he never takes her to crowded places but tonight the place is quite packed. He tries to distract her as she scans the place.

"I watched some old movies," she then talked about the movie for a couple of minutes. Onew listened with interest even though he has seen the movie a dozen times. She tells it with such nice voice, well he thinks she has a nice voice. The food came and they started eating with not much talk happening.

"Ooh the pasta is really good," Onew smiled as he watched her eat heartily. She's beginning to show more emotion or reaction each day. 

"Glad you like it," Onew said. He takes notes of the things she likes just as Key suggested. Well Key just got the idea first but he would have thought of it. "Key was the one who said this restaurant is good." Luna and Key still bicker when they are together for a long time. Key always reminds him that Luna cannot be trusted fully.

Dinner was really good and they were so full they decided to take a walk before they go home. Onew parked the car and Luna waited for him outside their apartment building. Luna was looking at the full moon when he came back.

"My mother used to say that I get all crazy when there is a full moon." 

"Mom said Krysal was always a handful full moon or not." Onew said earning a smile from Luna. They started they slow walk to the park.

"Is Krystal still at the summer house?" 

"Yes, she'll be there for a few weeks more. She needs to learn her lesson this time." Luna could see the thoughtful look on his face. It clearly shows how he adores his little sister. "She always gets what she wants, and from the time she could talk she had us all wrapped around her finger. Only mom could get angry at her for a long time."

"Jiyoung used to make paper planes for me." She shared one of her few fond memories of her brother. "Before everything was just ugly and chaotic, my brother used to do that." Onew did not press for details, it would better for Luna to talk on her own. "One day mother caught us playing and I she hit me with a belt. She never liked it when I get close to my siblings. Jiyoung never played with me again. I used to watch them all playing, running around the garden trying to catch each other. When it was time for me to go to school, my mother had a fit because father enrolled me to my siblings's school. He said people would talk if I go to a different school. They had a big fight and a lot of broken glasses but father won."

Onew somehow remembered Luna's siblings from school. They did not move in the same circle but rich kids almost always know each other. He moved closer to Luna and took her hand. He could feel her go stiff and turn to him but he did not look at her. He knew how much she loathes being pitied. He squeezed her hand and rubbed his thumb to comfort her. Luna was used to getting abused and use but she seldoms shows emotion or cry when she's awake. All the tears come out in her nightmare, when she is most vulnerable.

He looked at her then and saw a tear fall, the light shone above her head and somehow her lifeless hair looked pretty. Onew cupped her face with his other hand and he could feel her lean on it. 

Luna felt him move before she even thought what he would do and then she felt his lips on hers. It was soft, just a quick peck but he was so gentle that Luna's heart started beating so fast. Her eyes were wide open while Onew's were close. She didn't even know she stopped breathing. Onew moved a few inches apart from her face but he was still close for Luna's comfort. She still cannot breathe properly. He smiled and brushed his thumb on her lower lip and Luna could swear she felt an electricity pass her whole body and before she knew it he was kissing her again. It was a slow kiss, for Luna it felt like an eternity. It was not a peck anymore, it was demanding but still she found comfort in the way his lips were pressed on hers. He pulled her closer with his other at the back of her head and somehow Luna realized that she was tilting her head so he could have a better access. He drops her hand and pulls her closer, his arms around her waist and Luna somehow tiptoes reaching up to cling on to his broad shoulders. She felt weak on the knees but she feels so good she doesn't want it to end. 

Onew heard her moan while he continued to carress her back and he somehow remembered they were in a public place. He gave her another peck before pulling away with a smile. Her eyes were wide and her lips were quite swollen from the kiss.

"Ooooh, that was hot!" Both of them turned to find Tiffany watching them a few feet away. Instinct told him to cover Luna and he pulled her behind him in case there's a camera filming the. Tiffany was not hodling a camera or phone this time but she has a malicious look on her face as always.

"I never thought I'd see both of you here eating each other's face." She made it sound like what they did is a cause for scandal and Luna wanted to snatch her eyes. How dare she ruin a perfect night! Onew felt her move behind and puts his arms around her shoulder.

"Let's go home."

"Hey wait! Tiffany followed them but Onew walked faster dragging Luna along. "Did you really kiss her? Ooohh so it's really real for the two of you?"

Luna stopped walking and charged at Tiffany who had her hands ready for defense. "Shut it or -"

"Or what?"

"Luna!"

Tiffanny had a fake smile on her face. "Are you gonna show me just how crazy you are? Your name really suits you, LUNA for lunatic. I wonder how much money your father gave to his family just to get him to marry you. Or may be your father is funding his father's campaign?"

Luna raised her hand ready to slap Tiffany but Onew got to her. "Stop it." He said to Luna and pulled Tiffany away from her.

"Let go!"

"If you bother my wife again -"

"What? What will you do?"

Onew look at her and decided she's not worth his time.

"You think you got her playing for your benefit?" Tiffany continued. 

"It's none of your business." He turned to walk away. 

"I saw Seouhyun the other night at a club. She was crazily drunk. I think she wants to waste her life because she cannot have you. Well at least that's what it looks like." Onew refused to believe her. "If you don't believe me, go to the Angels bar tomorrow. She is usually there around 10pm." With that Tiffany left.

Luna was frozen at the spot he left her.

"Are you okay?" Onew asked and Luna did not answer him. He grabbed her hand and decided to go home. When they arrived at their apartment. Luna got on the shower frst while Onew thought of their kiss and just what the hell Tiffany was doing there. He also could not ignore the information she gave him about Seohyun.

Luna got out of the shower and he immediately got up. He took a cold shower and did not stop until his fingers got wrinkled. When he came out Luna was already sleeping or faking it. He got under the covers and turned off the lights. He turned towards her and tried to pull her close but Luna refused to fall into his arms this time.

"Luna," he called her. He moved closer and put his arm over her middle and he felt her stiffen. "I'm sorry." This somehow made her turn towards him and though the lights are out he could feel her eyes on him.

"What are you sorry for? You didn't do anything wrong."

"I should have handled what happened earlier better." 

"You mean Tiffany? She's just mean. I don't know what I did to her, she's always been mean to me." Onew's heart ache for the little girl who was bullied all thru out her school life.

He gathers her in his arms. "She won't bother you anymore, I'll make sure of that." Luna wanted to tell him that he could not fight every single battle for her. She's not his sister. She's not Krystal who was treated as a princess from the day she was born. But she let him comfort her to make him feel good. She could tell Tiffany said something that made him upset and he didn't want to add to that so when he said he was sorry she knew he could not avoid him tonight. And the only way not to wake up screaming in the night is when she sleeps in his arms. So she snuggles closer to his warmth and listened as he breathes and feels the rise and fall of his chest.

"Good night Luna," he said just like every other nights they had and kissed her head. 

She didn't know just how much those words make her feel safe until tonight. 

"Good night Onew," she replies for the first time since he started saying good night to her and it made him smile.

-

Onew spent his Saturday morning with Luna then he decided to have lunch with Key who just got back from an overseas trip. Key wanted to hangout at their apartment but Onew wanted to talk to him about Tiffany and Seohyun.

"So you want me to check later at Angels bar?" Key said after Onew told him what happened.

"No, I want to go there myself."

Key looked him for a while before speaking. "You do realize Tiffany would be there and would make scene and then the public would know you met Seohyun at bar. It could be a trap. If not, Tiffany may just be teasing you and if you go there she'd know just what a farce your marriage is.

"But what if Seohyun is there like Tiffany said?" Onew could not bear it if Seohyun ends up wasting her life because of him.

"Okay, will go there to check but don't do anything drastic if it turns out true." Onew nods and thanked Key for understanding him. Onew decided to go home for dinner and Key insisted he joins them. Luna hinted that Key was not welcome but since he was already there then he might as well eat with them. Onew got used to their bickering and usually ignores them so Luna did not worry when he did not talk much during dinner.

"I'll meet you down, we'll use your car tonight." Key said when Luna started to clear the table. "Uhm I want to help you but you look good with apron and all that jazz I'm sure you could clean this up in no time." He teased before he left.

Luna found herself alone in the kitchen, Onew was inside the bedroom probably changing since it seems like they are going out tonight and she's clearly not invited. She was almost done washing the plates when Onew appeared. 

"Uhm Key and I would just go out for a while." Luna nods her head and turned to Onew when he did not say more. He looked handsome in a simple whie shirt and blue cardigan. "Well be back before you know it."

She smiles and he somehow relaxes before her eyes. He looked really distracted all throughout dinner and barely finished his food. Maybe he needs a night out with his best bud to clear his mind. Onew turned to leave but Luna called him.

"Onew!"

She seldom says his name so he finds it endearing when it escapes her lips.

"You don't have to come home early. Have fun with Key."

Onew walks to her and hugs her for a while. "But I need to be home before you fall asleep." He says and kisses her cheek. "We promised to try and make this work right? And you need to have a good night sleep." Luna wanted it to be more than what she bargained for but she knows he is doing it for his family's sake. He's being nice because he doesn't want to harm his family.

"Of course," she tries to swallow the lump in . She did not meet his eyes and did not smile at him. She never smiles much so Onew did not mind it. 

Key called him on his phone and hurries out before Key throws a tantrum for making him wait. 

"Did you have to say goodbye to her for that long? It's not like you'd be gone for years!" Onew chuckled as Key ranted while he drives. He lets him talk non stop to mask his nervousness because he might meet Seohyun tonight. Key was able to find a good parking space and both of them got out of the car at the same time.

"Onew, remember if it's true don't act rashly. Don't make a scene."

"I told you I won't." Onew assured him and they entered the bar. It was quite dim as expected and the music was loud. It was a bit crowded just like what they wanted. If more people are there they won't be noticed right away.

"Let's split up and just send a message if we find her." Key said and without looking at Onew took the opposite way. Onew went ot the bar first and grabbed a drink. Key would be driving so he is allowed to have a drink tonight. He hopes Tiffany is not here, or if she is he hopes they don't meet. Onew finished his drink and made his way to find Seohyun. He was not successful and thought Tiffany was bluffing but then his phone buzzed and Key sent him a message saying he found Seohyun.

When he got to where she was Key was sitting with her and Seohyun had a bottle in her hands gulping down the alcohol. He could barely recognize her. She had heavy make up on and her hair was curled and she is blonde. Key had a helpless look on his face and he tried to warn Onew.

"Seohyun," he called her and she smiled at him obviously intoxicated.

"Babe! You came!" She flung her arms around him and he caught her before she falls. Key was quick to act and took the wine bottle from her. "What took you so long?" It felt like someone squeezed his heart when he heard the pain in her voice. "I was waiting for you, Onew."

He held her close as Key shook his head but his heart could not ignore how it feels. This is the woman he has loved for years. He simply could not discard her even though it is not proper. He pictured himself married to her, having kids with her, growing old together taking care of each other.

She started crying and Onew could not help but cry himself. The tears are for all the pain he caused her. "I'm sorry Seohyun. So sorry." Key knew just how much he loves Seohyun and he may forever love her but he also knew that if this encounter was know to the press they'd be in a big trouble especially from Seohyun's dad.

"Onew, let's just get out of here right now." Key took off his jacket and draped it over Seohyun, he also has a cap ready and gave it to Onew. "I'll bring the car and you get her out of here fast."

It was stuggle to hold Seohyun thru the crowded floor. Luckily they made it out wihtout anyone noticing them and Key was already waiting for them. 

"We can't bring her home like this." Onew said.

"We can't go to a hotel." Key argued.

"Not a hotel, your place." Onew said without even looking at Key.

"Are you crazy!" Key tried to argue but Onew had a desperate look on his face and he could not deny his friend after all this was the woman he gave his heart to. "Okay, my place then."

-

They had to give Seohyun a bath because she vomitted before they could get inside Key's place. Key paid the security guard to clean up the mess and to not talk about what he saw. When he returned Seohyun was already dressed with his big shirt and wrapped up in his big bed. Onew looks exhausted sitting on the side of the bed looking at her.

Key cleared his throat to get his attention but he did not even turn to him. "Onew, you can't stay here."

"No one knows I'm here." Onew said.

"You wife does," Key said and that somehow woke up Onew. "Sorry but I had to call her." Onew felt betrayed. "I didn't say anything more, just that you're here."

Key moved closer. "I'd take care of her, I promise." Onew still did not move.

"You know Luna would wait for you. She won't say it but I could tell she won't sleep until you're back home."

"This is all my fault." Onew said as he stood up and tore his gaze from Seohyun.

"You both know that's not true."

"I made this mess Key, I can't go back to Seohyun..." Key grabbed him outside of the room so they would not disturb Seohyun though she's too far gone asleep to wake up with any noise.

"You can still go back to Seohyun," he told Onew. "Make Luna love you."

"How would that make me have Seohyun back?" Onew looked at him like he grew another head.

"Listen, I told you we can't trust Luna entirely. Be nice to her, show her you care. You can even pretend you love her! Make sure she falls for you and when she finally does, she'd do anything to make you happy. And if you ask for freedom she'd give it to you."

"How sure are you that would happen?"

"I've seen the changes in her Onew, I'm sure you noticed it too. She has more emotion in her eyes now compared when we first met her. She no longer acts like a robot. She argues with me, she smiles, she cooks, she cleans your house and does your laundry."

"What if she's just playing it? Just like what you said, we can't trust her completely. What if she's doing this to get us to trust her."

"She's not."

"How sure are you?"

"We know her history, she lived her whole life in misery. She was verbally, emotionally, physically and mentally abused. No one ever card for her, not even her parents. No one ever showed her she is loved. No one ever made her feel important. Do you know how powerful love is?"

Onew looked at Key like he's another person. Could he do it?

Key was silent for a while but Onew did not respond to anything. "People like Luna who never knew what love is would definitely worship the first person who will care for her. And that someone is you."

"You mean, I pretend I love her?" Key nods. "I make her fall in love with me and shatter all that by leaving her and going back to Seohyun." Key nods again. Just how much cruelty can Key think of to get the job done? But he could not forget just how much suffering Seohyun went thru, not just her but his family too. And this was because someone is out there wanting to destroy his family. Wanting to destroy him.

"I don't think..." Onew falters but Key flashed him angry eyes.

"Don't even finish that sentence. This mess has gotten out of hands and it's high time we take control of it." He put his had on Onew's shoulder. "Onew I know this is hard but we do not have a choice. I don't like what's happening. Your family's business is at stake not to mention your father's campaign. We need to get Luna on our side. We need to convert her and she will help us with no questions asked. Once this is all done, divorce her."

"But we had a pre-nup, how do we get around that."

"I'll take care of that."

"What do you mean?"

"We'll have her declared mentally and emotionally unstable."

"Kibum..." This could mean they can get away with the pre-nup. 

"We have enough witnesses. Not just your family but neighbors and employees at your summer house. I've gathered enough for now and there'd be more." Before Onew could ask Key already answered him. "You parents put me up to this. They can't let you stay in a loveless marriage all your life."

"But Luna..."

"Is not your concern once this is over. She can go back to living abroad. And you can go back to Seohyun." Onew was still doubtful so Key continued. "It all goes down to who do you want to protect the most Onew." He knew Onew is a good person and it's hard to convince him even if he didn't marry Luna for love. "You have to choose. Is it your family or hers? Is it Seohyun's happiness or Luna's? You don't even know if you could make Luna happy. We have to do this, you and Luna should be free of the arrangement."

"But we're planning to have a baby..."

Key knew that this would be a problem, he never thought Onew really resolved into having a child with Luna. 

"Onew, what if she's really unstable and that would affect any offspring you'll have?"

"But in order to gain her father's favor and to protect my family I have to get her pregnant."

Key was lost in his thoughts for some time until an idea struck him. "If you do get her pregnant, we'll get the child's custody. Since the reason for divorce would be Luna's mental and emotional capacity we'll have her declared as an unfit mother. The court will grant you full custody." Onew could not believe what he is hearing, that would be too cruel.

"I know what you're thinking Onew. Both of you got into this mess but I have proof that Luna entered into this with full information of her father's plan."

'What do you mean?"

"We finally succeeded into getting a spy among her father's men. One inside their house. You know househelp hear and see everything their employers do."

"You mean she knew she'd be marrying me?"

"She knew. Though she didn't have full knowledge on how she'd get to have you marry her. It seems she was innocent of how the two of you got into that hotel that night. Her father ordered her to go home and told her that she has to marry you. She knew you had a girlfriend. She knows the plan Onew. She's not innocent so don't go saving her and slaying all the dragons for her." Onew felt betrayed and to think he is starting to really care for her.

"Now I'm asking you again. Who do you want to protect the most?"

Onew closed his eyes to clear his mind instead he saw Luna's face illuminated by the full moon. He remembered the feel of her soft lips, how they felt so nice against his. He remembered feeling protective of her when she threw her arms around him. He remembers how it feels to have her in his embrace. He opened his eyes and saw Key's determined face. The woman whom he'd always love is in the next room suffering from a pain he caused no that Luna and her father caused.

She's nothing but a conniving, two-faced psycho, he tried to tell himself even if his heart tries to disagree.

"I need to go home." 

-

 

 

 

 

A/N: I want to write more but it's 2:44am and I think I need to sleep and think more on what's next for this fic. ^^ Hope you get to read my other stories too. Thank you for waiting and for reading!

I'd love to hear what you think! ^_^

PS: Sorry for any error, not good with writing and don't have anyone to beta this, so pls feel free to let me know any mistake you'll find. I'd appreciate it much.