Chapter I

Till Death Do Us Part

She lost everything with that fire. It burned not only her skin but her whole life and the future she could have had. She looked around as if seeing the scene again. The flames dancing around her. 

"You're crazy!" the man shouted. She tried to run to him but the flames prevents her. "Stop it now!"

"You think I won't do it?" the woman laughed like she would never stop. She laughed until it became hard to breathe. "If you leave we would die together." 

"Do you think doing that will change my mind?" 

"You heartless bastard!" She let her go and the little girl stumbled. "Let's all die then! Let's die now!" And the woman trashed around throwing and shoving anything around her. She didn't care if the little girl was now struggling to breathe or if she was hurt. She'd rather die now than be left behind.

"Umma!" but her cries were never heard.

It was always the same. Her nightmares never changed. She'd scream for someone to help her but no one came. Not her mother or her father. They all left her.

"Mr. Park will see you now." The old secretary said. She's been the secretary since Sunyoung could remember. She entered the office and saw that Mr. Park was on the phone. She took a seat and waited for him. 

"So you're back." He said but did not look at her.

"Yes, just came back today. I came here first from the airport." 

He stopped what he was doing and looked at her for the first time since she came. "I know that you're anxious to know why we sent for you." Sunyoung nodded and waited for him to say more. "We need you. There's something very important that you must do. For now I can't tell you more but you will know once the time is right."

It was clear to her even if he didn't say anything that she has to do whatever they want her to do. She cannot say no. 

"You can go home for now. Your mother is waiting for you." This almost made her laugh. Of course her mother would be there but she won't be waiting for her. 

"Appa..." 

"Go now, I'm busy." He took his phone again and never said another word to her. She sat there for moment before she stood and left. The secretary bowed to her as she passed. She called her driver to pick her up. She will have to go home and face her mother.

It's been 12 years since she last saw her mother. There were no words exchanged at all. She saw her years ago as she was leaving the house but she never acknowleged she was there. She didn't really care at that point. She was glad to leave. She was glad to escape the hell she called home. 

It was not long before she arrived in their house. It's always so quiet here, she thought. The place is so clean like no one lives in it. She was welcomed by her mother's favorite cat. It was now old and moves slow. This cat received more love and affection than her. 

"You didn't have to visit." Sunyoung froze as she heard that voice. It's been years since she last heard it but in her nightmares this voice screams in her head. 

She turned to see her mother in her robes, one hand holding a glass of wine the other a cigarette. The cat ran towards her mother and here she thought it's slow.

"I'm not actually visiting." She said trying hard not to show any emotion.

"Really? Why are you here then?" Her mother asked. 

"Father told me to stay here." Her mother dramtically dropped the wine glass and it shattered to pieces. The cat ran away leaving the two of them staring into each other. 

"What did you say?"

"Father told me stay here," Sunyoung repeated. 

"You can't!" She screamed. "Get out! Get out!" She yelled for one of the servants and the butler came. "Make her leave! Ger her out of my sight!"

"I'm sorry Mrs. Park but Master ordered to get her room ready for Ms. Sunyoung."

"Bwoh? Are you trying to say my husband wants this trash in our house again!" Sunyoung did not even flinch she's been labeled way worese than that.

"He gave the orders yesterday." The butler confirmed. 

"I'm going to call my husband and if this monster is not out of the house in 10 minutes you are fired!" She yelled at the butler and threw the cigarette on the floor together with the shattered wine glass.

"Ms. Sunyoung welcome home." The butler smiled at her. Since she arrived it was the first smile she ever received from anyone. 

"Thank you," her voice sounds ragged. She had a long flight.

"You must be tired. Why don't you rest first, I'll have someone wake you up for dinner."

"No need Butler Yoon. I'll eat on my own later."

"But Miss this is your first dinner since you came home."

"It's okay. Please have someone bring my bags to my room." The butler nodded and Sunyoung headed upstairs. Her room stayed the same. Her old books, toys were still there. She ran her hand on the old teddy bear and felt her eyes water. When she left, she left everything behind. She didn't bring anything that would remind her of her childhood. 

"Never come back!" Those were the last words her mother told her when she learned that Sunyoung will be sent away. She didn't care of the reasons she was glad to finally go.

But now she's here. Her father called her two weeks ago asking her to come back. She's needed, that's what her father said. For the first time Sunyoung felt like she's her father's daughter. He never ever told her or even hinted that she's needed. 

She went to bed after changing clothes. She would have to face her mother again tomorrow and her sisters as well. For now she'd let sleep drown her and hopefully she'd be safe in her dreams.

-

Just 2 hours of sleep and Sunyoung woke up screaming. She screamed like there's no tomorrow but no one heard her. Her little room was designed sound proof. It has been that way since the nightmares started. When she was just a kid and her nightmares wake her up every night her nursemaid would be there to comfort her. She was a really kind old lady but she died when Sunyoung turned 10. The old nursemaid was replaced by a young nurse who always sees Sunyoung as a burden. She was even prescribed pills just so she could sleep calmly at night but the dreams never stopped. And now that she's back in this old little room, the dreams look real to her.

She combed her hair using her hand and felt the tears on her face. Why does it always end up with her crying? She hates herself for being so weak. She hates everything about this house. Her heart aches whenever she remembers the last few days she spent in this house. If only she could turn back time and never witnessed what her brother did.

She stood up and took her robe and decided for a walk outside the house. She smiled as she saw the full moon looking down at her. Telling her to stop dreaming and wake up to her sad reality. Yes she had dreams, she dreams of being free of the nightmares. Free of the hate her mother showered her with. Free of the disappointment her father sees her in. 

She was the second youngest in the family. The eldest son Jiyoung was already 10 years old when she was born. The second born was a girl, her sister Junghee, just two years after the first son was born. Junghee was their father's favorite child. She was showered with love and affections and remained the only girl until Sunyoung came 8 years after. When she was born, the family was not in a good condition. The business has problems and their parents were always fighting. Her father had to go to a lot of meetings and conference outside of the counrty or out town and her mother would always accuse him of cheating. Sunyoung was always left alone to her nursemaid. She was never fed like her other siblings, her mom started drinking and smoking more and more. Her older siblings were sent to a boarding schoold and Sunyoung was left alone in the house. 

5 years after when the family business has gone back to its glory days, their youngest sister was born. A very beautiful child with skin as white as snow, Ayeong became her mother's pride and joy. Of course the oldest son Jiyoung got the love from both parents and that left Sunyoung with nothing. The middle child, the child who was always forgotten.

Sunyoung felt the cold wind against her skin and felt someone behind her.

"Can't sleep?" Her father said from behind, she could smell the tobacco from him. "You'll be very busy by tomorrow, so I suggest you take one of those pills and try to sleep."

Sunyoung nodded her head and chose not to speak.

"I know it must have been a shock to be called back home. I didn't want to do that but things are different now and there's something I need for you to do."

"You've been telling me that father but you never said what exactly I'll be doing for you." She turned to face her father. It's been years since she was this close to him. He never even hugged her goodbye when she left. 

He took his time before answering. "Your sisters are all married and living a happy life." They got married without inviting her. She was sent pictures and videos of the wedding though. "You're almos 30 and you are still single."

"It's not uncommon nowadays. What does my being single has to do with what I came here for?"

Her father finished the cigarette and lit up another one. Sunyoung panicked, there's only one thing she could think of. "Appa..."

Her father stopped her from finishing the sentence. "This is for your own good Sunyoung. You're not getting younger and the company needs this deal."

"What exactly are you talking about?"

"I will tell you everything I can and I trust that you will do this. We're losing a lot of money. The company won't stay afloat without the financial backup of bigger companies. I found someone who would help me." Her father told her more about the company's financial situation and she was shocked to know whos's helping him.

"But he's a senator and he's not a good one!" Sunyoung can't help but comment.

"You've been keeping tabs on our country's politics?" His father asked with amusement. "It doesn't matter, with his influence and money the company will be saved."

"I don't understand, he doesn't actually have an unmarried son."

"You're right. He has only one daughter." This made Sunyoung more confused. "His daughter Seohyun is seeing someone he doesn't like. A rival, a political enemy."

"What do you mean?"

"You will marry her daughter's boyfriend."

-

 

He called her three times before she answers. He was ready for her excuses though but he could not help but smile when she whines and promises to make it up next time. "You know, I love you right?" She says and he says "You know I love you more right?"

They talked only for a few minutes before his flight was announced. After two weeks of traveling from Singapore to Malaysia and to Japan he's finally going home. And he can see his lovely girlfriend again.

"Onew!" His friend and assistant Kibum called him. "Hurry up will you?" He ran towards Kibum who held his passport for him. "That was Seohyun right? You talked to her an hour ago."

"I know," Onew answered happily and Kibum tried not to gag. He swears Onew is too happy sometimes. "You should get laid you know."

"Aren't you supposed to say I should fall in love like you?"

Onew laughed at this, Kibum is so unpredictable that he's the best company you'll ever have. "I know it'd be harder for you to fall in love and easier for you to get laid."

Kibum silently agreed with Onew. "Oh by the way your father left a message. He said something about Krystal being in trouble or something." 

"She's always getting into trouble. What's new?"

"Well this time it's big! Let's get into our seats first before I tell you." Onew did not argue. Trouble is not something new when it comes to his only sister. She was born 5 years after him and was definitely everyone's favorite. She was everyone's princess and that includes him.

"So what is it about this time?"

"Uhm well it's like this..." Kibum tried stall but Onew's eyes are telling him to get to the point. "Krystal eloped!"

Onew thought it would be something bigger. It's not the first time Krystal did this, she never marries the guy she just loves the thrill of defying anything around her.

"And that's new because?" Onew relaxed on his seat not even interested anymore.

"I know she's done this before but she ran away with a married man." The last words were so hushed that Onew thought he heard wrong. "It's true, you're mother fainted when she heard about it. Your father is very angry and he wants you to try and bring her back before it gets out to the public."

How could his sister do this? She's been given free reign her whole life but she never did anything illegal. And now she ran away witha a married guy.

"Who's the guy?"

"It's Suho."

"Bwoh?" Onew's head suddenly felt light that he needed to lean back and rest for a bit. Suho is five years her senior and has been married for 4 years with a respectable and nice woman.

"I know right?" Kibum said knowing what Onew was thinking. "Let's try to get some sleep now because there'd be a lot to do once we get back."

Onew did not even argue or said another word but he could not sleep either. He kept on thinking about his sister. She never mentioned anything about Suho. She always tells him if she has someone new. When did this happen and how? They're not even close.

He rubs his temple feeling and tried to think of something else but all he could think of is strangling his sister and Suho until they come back to their senses. Right before he is about to propose to Seohyun, her sister gets into a scandal. 

He can't let this happen. He needs to stop Krystal and bring Suho back to his wife and family. He'd do this even it mean he has to tie his sister and lock her forever in a dungeon.

It's bad enough that she ran away with a man, she's made it worse by running away with a married man. The senator would have a fit if he hears this and would further haver reason to oppose his marriage to Seohyun. 

"Kibum," he knew Kibum was not sleeping and was just pretending to snore a little. "We need to find them before the media finds out. Contact anyone who can help us. Once we find Krystal I will personally shave her head and lock her up in her room."

Kibum only nodded and closed his eyes again. This will be a long flight.

-

 

Okay first chapter up! I never planned for these names to show up but can't think of anyone right now and just wanted to upload the first chapter. Please review and leave your comments!

Thank you for reading!