Chapter XIII

Till Death Do Us Part

Krystal finally convinced Onew to go out and get some fresh air. Luna had been asleep for two days. She had been unconscious when Onew brought her back. Their family doctor said she's okay, that she just needed lots of sleep. Onew has not left her side since. He's afraid she might have a nightmare but Luna slept peacefully. Krystal entered Luna's room and was surprised to find her mother already there.

"I didn't know you're here."

"I didn't want to come but I wanted to see her. Your brother is extremely worried about her," she turned to look at Krystal. "I'm not sure what's going to happen next to our family. Ever since she showed up, everything became messed up."

Both of them looked at Luna as she stirred. "She might be waking up. I'll call Onew oppa."

"Krstal wait!" but Krystal was already out of the door. A few moments more and Luna opened her eyes slowly. Mrs. Lee wanted to get up and leave, but it's as if she was glued there at the foot of her bed.

It took a few seconds for Luna to recognize her. They both looked at each other for some time before Mrs. Lee looked away. "Onew will be here soon," as if she called him the door opens and reveals Onew.

"Luna!" He immediately went to her side holding her hand, the one without the IV. "You're still weak, don't try to get up yet."

"I'll heat up some porridge for you," Krystal said and left with their mother.

"You're back," she said weakly as if afraid that he's just a dream.

"Yes, I'm sorry I was gone too long." Onew meant it. He feels so guilty for what happened when he was away. It felt right at that time, spending time with Seohyun but if he knew this would happen he wouldn't have left her.

"You don't have to say sorry. I'm sick, I've been sick all my life." He could tell she wanted to leave the bed but has no strength to do so. He waited for her to say more but she did not speak again though she still let him hold her hand. Krystal came back with the porridge and even though she has no appetite for it, she let his sister feed her. Onew watch as her sister took care of another person not related to her. Krystal never did have a lot of girlfriends, she said she liked being alone and that the only company she likes is her brother.

"You should finish it," she said to Luna. "Just a little more, so you could get your strength back sooner." Luna obeyed and emptied the bowl of porridge. After making Luna promise that she'll rest and eat a lot, Krystal finally decided to go home with their mother. Mrs. Lee did not say another word to Luna but she continued to watch her daughter-in-law with wonder. As if she's seeing another person.

"Call us if you need anything," she told her son and then left with her youngest.

"Was I gone too long?" He told her how they found her. It was clear that her father was the one who kept her in their house. Her mother really didn't know she was there. It turns out her father kept her heavily medicated so she would not escape. He wanted to call the police and get her father arrested but he knew he needed to get Luna out of that house as soon as possible and he's sure it would not be easy to ger her father locked in jail for what he did to her.

"I went to visit Jiyoung oppa," Luna said after a whille." Onew wanted to tell her to stop talking and just rest but she looks so determined to tell her story that he stopped himself. "I was always dreaming of him killing himself. I got used to having you sleep beside me, when you're here I don't get nightmares. You know that, right?" Onew nodded and Luna continued to talk. "The nightmares became worse, it's like it only happened yesterday. Onew, I think I'm going crazy."

"Don't say that. You've been kidnapped by your own father, he drugged you-"

"Because I was going crazy." Luna shut her eyes and covered here ears. "Why do I keep seeing his face."

"Luna, calm down. This is not good for you. The doctor would be here soon."

"No, you don't understand. I saw him die. He shot himself right in front of me." She grabbed Onew's arm, willing for him to believe her. "He died years ago."

Onew held her close, trying to calm her down and drawing circles on her back.

"He can't be, it's impossible."

"Shhh... it's okay. Everything will be all right."

"Onew, I saw him die."

"I know baby, just calm down. You need to rest or the doctor will have my head."

"I saw him die. He's been dead for years." Onew helped her lie back to their bed, supporting her head. Luna still would not let go of him. "Don't go, please."

"I'm here, I'll stay." Onew wished the doctor would be here sooner to check on Luna.

"Please, I can't have nightmares." Onew her head. "Everything seems so real. He was there and he spoke to me."

"Luna, just sleep for now."

"Onew, do you think I'm crazy?" She looked so terrified it breaks his hear.

"No, of course not. You're not crazy."

"Then why did I see Jiyoung oppa standing on the same grave he was supposed to be buried in?"

 

 

 

-------------------------

Hi everyone, this update has been delayed for decades and I'm so sorry for not writing anything for so long... Hope everyone is doing okay. Thank you for still checking on this fic. Stay safe. <3