Chapter V

Till Death Do Us Part

AN: So this will be Onew's POV  

 

What did I ever do to deserve this? I am a good son, a good brother, a good boss, a good friend and I believe a good boyfriend too. But here I am married to the wrong girl and for the wrong reasons. I should have just abandoned everything and ran away but Seohyun would never leave her father behind. For the first time since we've been together I broke her heart and that may be the last time too. I can't make her wait while I sort out my life or where it'd go. This marriage ended everything for me. It took away my freedom, my happiness, and my love. How could I not hate the woman I married? 

"I thought you were on a honeymoon?" 

Great. Tiffany who lives to gossip just caught me. I left that woman with Key and decided to take a walk to clear my mind only to bump into this tattler. She was draped in pink. Everything was in pink that my eyes are starting to hurt just by looking at her. Even her nails are painted pink. 

She started to walk beside me even though I compeletely ignored her. "So where's the little wife?" 

"Are you stalking me?" I managed to say without looking at her.

"I live just a few blocks you know," she answered trying to keep up with me. I've known her since we were kids. All rich kids had to meet somewhere, sometime. We don't have the same circle of friends but she's always invited to parties that I was also invited as well as Key. We attended the same school from gradeschool to high school and then I went abroad. That's where I met Seohyun. 

"Earth to Onew!" I stopped walking and she stood in front of me. "Where did you go?" I would never tell her I just thought of Seohyun. "So just three days after the wedding and you're alone."

"Do I have to strap my wife around me?" 

"Ooh did you two fight?"

"None of your businsess,"

"You know she's kind a weird. I never imagined you'd end up marrying her. She's a far cry from Seohyun." I glared at her though I know this would not work. So I decided to just go home and walked again. "Did you know she was our junior in school? She's never seen with anyone though. No friends, no playmates. Rumors say she's haunted. Her sisters don't even hang out with her you know. Mother's an alcoholic, father's a cheater. Brother's dead. Two sisters married off to wealthy families. Well she got lucky with you, you're like in the top tier of the richest." She laughed for no reason before she continued her chatter, I found myself listening to her. Most of what she said have already been reported to us. My father had her family investigated for everything but you'd never know what Tiffany has.

"If you ask me, I think she's crazy." I don't know why Tiffany is like this and I don't care as long as she doesn't bug me. But here I am walking beside her and pretending not to listen. "Do you know what the rumors say about her?" Of course I didn't answer and she continued. "Rumors say she killed her brother."

This news is not new to me. Krystal begged me not to marry her. She also begged my parents like never before. She said Luna is crazy and never to trust my wife. She said Luna might kill me too. 

My phone rings and I answered it right away seeing Key's name. "Kibum what's -" I could not even finish what I wanted to say Kibum was talking too fast. "Bwoh? Don't call anyone yet, I'm almost home." I ran as fast as I could forgetting Tiffany. When I got there I found Key walking back and forth inside the room and Luna was unconscious. 

"What happened?"

"She thought I was someone else. She thought I was her brother."

"Before that Kibum, what happened before that?"

"We talked about the pre nuptial agreement and what we found out so far. I thought it was okay to tell some of the stuff. I didn't tell her all. I mean..." He stopped talking when we noticed that Luna just moved. "She's sweating too much." I felt her forehead and she has a slight fever. "Does she have a medicine or something?"

I could not answer him. I do not know what to say. Luna lived abroad since she was 16 and not much was known of what her life was like there. We did investigate but it seems like her familiy is keen on keeping secrets especially when it comes to her and her dead brother.

"Oppa..."

"She's awake!" Key screamed out of relief I slightly pushed him aside before he could get near Luna.

"She's not awake. She's having a dream." I said to Key. I know it's strange because her eyes are open. But the look on her face tells a different story. She's not aware of her surroundings and who she's with.

Key stood back with his mouth open. "So it's true that she's haunted?"

I sat on the bed beside Luna and she turned to me with soft unblinking eyes. "Oppa, I thought you were gone." She reached out and touched my face. Her hands were cold. 

"I'm here." I took her hand and held it on my own. "What happened?" This time she frowned and quickly pulled her hand. 

"You're not real!" She pulled her hair, closed her eyes and whispred incoherent words. I could only catch the words, don't, please, and go away. "Sunyoung..."

"I didn't see anything. Please just leave me alone." Luna continued to rock herself back and forth. Kibum and I stared at her for a moment.

"Why don't we go out for a while." Key pulled me up but before I could completely stand Luna grabbed my hand.

"Help me, please..." Tears continued to pour from her eyes while she held my hand. "I can't... please. I didn't kill him." Luna continued to sob and before I knew it I had her in my arms. She sobbed while I held her. I don't know if this is still part of her nightmare or reality but I let her cry and soaking my shirt in the process. Key left the room to get her a glass of water when he came back Luna is already asleep.

"I think you just married a pyscho."

-

"Her fever's gone." Kibum declared. Luna has been sleeping for almost an hour. I doubt she'll remember this incident when she wakes. Would it be part of her nightmare? "I tried to dig into her medical records but the hospital and doctors are not talking. Some of them are already not in service," She stirred and I reached out to rub her forehead with my thumb before she wakes up. That seemed to work the first night we slept together. 

"I'm not sure this is a good idea." I looked at Kibum and he's also looking at me.

"What do you mean?"

"She needs help. We should put her in an asylum or something."

"She's not crazy." I found myself saying. 

"Don't do that please." 

"What?" I asked my bestfriend. Sometimes I wonder if Key knows me more than I know myself. 

He crossed his arms over his chest. He always does this when he knows we're about to argue. "Don't make her your problem"

"She is my problem since the morning I woke up with her."

"That's not what I mean." Key gestured that we should talk outside and I followed him. He went to the kitchen and had his back on me. "I'm not so sure about her anymore. She's unpredictable and we can't afford mistakes right now." Now my lawyer is talking. "You need to stop looking at her like you want to take care of her."

"I am not. You think I already forgot what her father or she did to me? She caused me to leave Seohyun! She caused me my family's reputation and mother's happiness. Just because I held her doesn't mean I care for her."

Kibum faced me with a look that I hate. He's looking at me like he understands something I don't. "I can't believer I'm saying this but..."

"But what!?" I shouted feeling frustrated. "I know what I'm doing!"

"Don't forget who's side she's on. You can't feel anything but hate for her. Whatever you do, don't let your emotions get in the way. She's the enemy. Show her you care but don't feel anything for her."

"That's exactly what I was doing!"

"Don't look at her like you'd slay the dragons for her."

"What?"

"The way you looked at her earlier. Onew, I've known you since we were kids and if there's one thing that you cannot stand it's a damsel in distress. You want to rescue them. You want to make them feel better. You want to make them happy."

"It's not what you think!"

"Look I'm only saying this to help you. I don't want you to get in more trouble. Don't make her feel better. Don't pity her. Don't smile at her. Don't feel anything for her."

I didn't look at Key. We talked about this before. He said I can't be trusted not to look after Sunyoung. Just look at what my sister does to me. Krystal knows how to work her way into my heart and I always fall for it. Key is afraid I might turn into another hero saving the damsel in distress for Sunyoung."

"Don't get attached."

"I know what I am doing."

Key was silent for a while, maybe thinking or maybe just digesting everything that has happened so far. The silence was not for long for another scream was heard from our bedroom. I rushed and to get to her not looking if Key followed. I found Luna trashing, she was sweating again. I felt her forehead but the fever is gone. She pushed me away when I tried to hold her to keep her from harming her self. Her eyes are still shut but it feels like she was seeing in her dreams.

"Let me out!" She yelled and struggled to get free.

"Luna!" I keep on debating whether to call by her Korean name or her English name. It feels like Key would have another say if I call her by her Korean name. It feels personal somehow. She went limp again but did not collapse. She's back to sleep.

"She sleeps well when you're around." Key said standing from the doorway. He went inside and slowly closed the door behind him. "This is really interesting." Key looked at her and then looked at me. "I wonder what really happened to her brother."

"Whatever happened to him, Luna is living with the nightmares of his death."

"She's drenched. We need to change her clothes." Key went closer but I stopped him. "Wae? She'll get sick if we dont' change her clothes." Key looked at me with mischief. "Oh, I know she's your wife. She's not gonna affect me in anyway."

"Kibum, why don't you cook something for dinner and let me take it from here."

If he had something to say he held it in and left the room. I looked my little wife who's now sleeping soundly. She looks younger when she sleeps like this. I decided to change just her shirt. How could she have lived like this for so long? If the nightmares come every night, did she ever sleep at all without waking up screaming every night? 

I grabbed the nearest shirt I which was my mine, a dark blue one. She probably won't even notice it. I slowly lifted the hem of her shirt, it was quite dark in the room and not much could be seen. I just didn't want her to be embarrassed if Key blurted out that he helped in changing her clothes. Luna did not stir, she was quite heavy for a small person. I got her shirt off of her but the difficult part is to put on the new one. I had to lift her in a slightly sitting position. I felt her back, it was somewhat wrinkled on some part, I the other lampshade just wanting to check if she was injured or something but to my horror even if the room was not well lit, I could see the scars only a terrible fire would leave. I could not even imagine the agony she wen thru and she was so young.

Before Luna could wake up I put on the shirt quickly and laid her back on the bed. She is still the enemy. Kibum is right I can't look at her like another damsel in distress I had to rescue. She slept for another hour before Kibum walked in with my phone. "Your sister wants to talk to you." Luna stirred and opened her eyes. The first she saw was my face. 

"Onew?" She looked around and found Key. "What happened?" 

"You fainted." Key answered. "I made dinner. Let's eat whiie the soups still hot." I thought she'd protest but she let Key help her up and together they went to the kitchen with me telling them I'd follow in a bit. Krystal almost screamed at me when I spoke. She was angry I never answered her calls. Sometimes my sister could be the world's worst drama queen but she's also the sweetest when she wants and in her own Krystal way and of course she's still my little sister and I love her. I let her be angry for a while and let her think that I was sorry for not calling her. It'd be good if she don't get into my marriage that much. All my life I'd only wanted to protect her. She never mentioned Suho, I hope she won't ever see that man again. He was married and would never divorce his wife. He only wants Krystal for a thrill ride.

"Listen, I gotta go. Kibum and I had lots to discuss." She whined a little but allowed me to say goodbye. When I joined Key and Luna she was just staring into space not even touching her food. "Don't you like it? I can make something else." I said to get her attention. She turned to me void of any emotion well she tried to hide it but I can see the fear in her eyes. "What is it?"

"N-nothing." I saw Kibum's signal that I should take the seat beside him so I did. We are both facing Luna now. She bowed her head and stirred the porridge. A few moments passed and Key cleared his thoat.

"This offends me," he said and Luna looked up from her porridge. "I made you food and you did not even taste it."

"Every porridge tastes the same." Luna said.

"Eat it," Key said. Sometimes I wish Key would just shut up. Luna did not say anything. "You're rude, you know."

"Kibum," I glared at him which of course does not work. "Luna, I know you must be hungry. Do you want to eat out or maybe we can just order?" Still no answer. "Or Key will go out and buy something for us."

"What?!" Key looked at me like I was insane. "She's just being a brat. Why don't you eat your food so we can all have at least a peaceful dinner." Slowly like a child Luna scooped a spoonful of porrige and lifted her spoon but not to feed herself but to throw it to Key's face. I could somehow hear Key's heartbeat getting faster.

"You did not just do that!" Key stood up and just like what Luna did threw a spoonful of porridge which landed on Luna's head. And then there was riot. The two were like crazy kids throwing food at each other. I wanted to tell them to stop but somehow with both of them screaming insults at each other they would not even hear me. 

"You shorty, bratty princess!"

"You good for nothing pretty boy!" Luna just poured and entire pitcher of lemonade on Key's head. He was drenched and he was fuming mad. Then the most unexpected thing happened. Like a miracle, a once in lifetime thing, like the stars opened up and angels were singing, Luna laughed. She was laughing for real and holding her tummy and her eyes were almost tearing up.

Key and I stared at her then at each other. She continued to laugh like this and we did not even know the door was opened. 

"What the hell?" Luna stopped laughing, Kibum scrambled to get up from the floor and combed his hair with his bare hands. I turned to the owner of that voice and smiled.

"Hello father, mother." Then just when things could not get worse. My own sister comes with a big smile on her face. "Surprise!"

-

 

 

I won't say much on why I was not writing on this story but I want to thank you for waiting. :) Please leave a comment. ^^