Chapter XII

Till Death Do Us Part

"Krystal has been calling me non-stop." Key greeted Onew when he came back from being with Seohyun.

"What did she say?"

"I don't know. I never answered her call. So how was it?"

It took him a while to answer. "We're good," he said but Key seems to want to hear more."I told her that I just need to sort out my life. I can't be with her while I'm still married to Luna."

"How did she take it?"

"She said she'll wait for as long as she can." Key looked doubtful but Onew dismissed the conversation but taking out his phone. It has been turned off while he was wtih Seohyun. He wanted to be with her without any distraction and that means no calls to Luna or to anyone. Krystal did call a lot of times and left voice messages and text messages too but instead of checking them he just called her and she answered right away. She was talking too fast for Onew to hear her.

"Slow down so I can understand you." The first thing that registed to his mind is that she's talking about Luna and the second thing is that she's been missing for 2 days. "I'll be there soon. Stay where you are."

"What's wrong?"

"We need to leave now. Krystal said Luna is gone. She's been gone for two days."

"What do you mean gone?"

"She left."

-

They found Krystal drinking coffee when they got back. She looked tired and her hair is in a mess. She came and hugged Onew right away.

"What happened?" Krystal shook her head. "Krystal, you have to tell me what happened."

"I know, I know but..."

"Why don't you two sit down and talk while I make some calls," Key suggest and Onew pulled his sister to the kitchen.

"She had nightmares," Krystal began. "She hasn't been sleeping or eating much since you've been gone. I came here to check on her and found her like a zombie on the couch. I finally persuaded her into eating and I thought everything would be good. She fell asleep and had another episode, a nightmare. We talked for a while and we both fell asleep in the living room but I woke up alone. She's not in the apartment. She left her phone and she took my car. I thought she'd be back but she never came home oppa. What if something bad happened to her?"

"Onew, the car has been found." Key said.

"And Luna?" Krystal asked and Key shook his head. "Your parents are on it. They've hired private investigators, we do not want to alert the media by telling the police."

"But what if something bad happened to her? She's not all right."

"Did she act all crazy before she left?" Krystal wanted to tell Key that he was being rude but his phone rang again and he left the kitchen to answer it.

"There's something you're not telling me and I need to know it," Onew said.

Krystal hesitates for a second but she felt it was important Onew knew though she would not tell him everything. "She had a nightmare, she dreamt of his brother. Remember when Luna said she killed her brother? She didn't, he committed suicide and she witnessed it all. Everytime she dreams of him, she dies in her dreams."

"We need to go where he was buried maybe she's there." Onew said Krystal stood up right away. 

"I'm coming with you."

"No, you need to stay here in case she decides to come back home." Krystal looked like she would argue but she was too tired and she probably would just get in the way. "Key let's go." 

-

Luna was not in the cemetery but a bouquet of flowers which was still quite fresh was left there as if someone just visited the grave.

"I don't get it. Why would she leave the car just outside the city, it's completely in the different direction from here," Key said. "She might be playing games with us."

"Key not now. I really feel like Luna's in trouble. She needs our help."

"All I'm saying is she's trying to confuse us. She's making it seem like she left the city but I think she's still here." They have at least 15 people looking for Luna but all they found is Krystal's car. "What if we never find her?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't you get it? You have to remember the contract. If one of you dies then the other gets everything. If Luna dies..." Onew felt angry that Key could talk about someone dying so casually.

"Stop it. She's not dead."

"It would be easier for us if she is." Onew could not take it anymore. Key is his friend but he's gone too far. "I said stop it!" He yelled and almost threw a punch.

Key held up his hands, "Okay, I'm sorry. I'm just talking as your legal adviser. I actually also want to find her."

"We will find her. We must find her." They left the cemetery and decided to look around the nearest town. They asked strangers and showed them a picture of Luna but no one saw her.

"Let's go home, it's getting dark and I'm starving." Onew wanted to go to the next town but followed Key nonetheless. Krystal was still there waiting she already ordered food for them and they all ate in silence. Even Key knew to leave the siblings alone. After supper Key offered to drive Krystal home, she didn't want to go but Onew said that he'd call her right away if Luna comes home. He never actually thought his sister would be worried for Luna. Maybe the incident with Suho and his wife brought them closer.

Luna's things are still there. Nothing changed except she's not home. He took a quick shower and fell asleep right after.

-

It was dark everywhere and he was walking alone. He couldn't see a thing but somehow knew where he was going. Someone is crying somewhere but he doesn't recognize the voice. He kept on walking until he found a lit candle, he took it and continued walking. The crying becomes louder and he's now sure whoever was crying was a woman.

"I didn't kill him."

He found her. It was Luna all along. "Luna!" He called but she seems not to hear anything. "Luna!" He ran towards her only to find that she's on another part of the land and a broken bridge separates them.

"Luna!" He called again and again until she looked up. She's crying not with tears but with blood.

"Help me."

-

Onew woke up drenched in his own sweat and breathing heavily. He checked his phone to see any new message from Key about Luna but nothing was there. It's the fifth day that's she's been gone. He doesn't want to admit it but he's extremely worried about her. A part of him says that he shouldn't care, but he can't help but feel an emptiness that he hasn't felt before he met her. She's not supposed to be important. He already made up his mind. He's going to do everything in his power to get everything back to normal. Luna and normal do not go together. Seohyun is his normal. Seohyun is his reality. Luna is just a nightmare, so why does it feel like he doesn't want to wake up from all this?

A few hours later he got a call from Key, they found Luna's shoes near a Prism beach. By now a report has been made to the police but they still need to hide everything from the media. 

"Oppa, what if Luna-"

"Don't." Onew looked hard at his sister. "She can't be dead. She can't die."

"I think we need to have a talk with her family," Key said.

"I agree. We need to setup a meeting," Onew's father said.

"I thought you said they should never know about this," Krystal turned to her father. "What's going on?"

"It's strange how they're not making a fuss about her," Key answered her. "Her father wants her to stay alive or the company goes to Onew. He's trying very hard to keep her daughter in this marriage, even asking for her to start having a child." Onew did not appreciate Key sharing that information though he's pretty sure his father knows about this, still Krystal does not and he doesn't want his sister involved more than she already is.

"It could be that they do not know about her missing," Krystal suggested.

"That can't be. Luna has been followed all her life by her father even when she left the country. Every time she leaves your apartment someone's tailing her."

"How did you not tell me about this sooner?" Onew could not help but voice out his anger.

"We didn't want to bother you. You just need to make sure she's kept in the line and does not make any trouble for us," his father replied. "Besides we didn't see anything wrong with it."

"They know she's missing," Krystal said. "But if they know, why are they not out here trying to find her?"

"Maybe because they know where she is," Key said.

"Or maybe they're the ones who took her," Onew said and the glare that he sent towards Key is enough to make anyone cower in fear.

Krystal saw it too, "Oppa, why don't you schedule the meeting first-"

"No need. I'll go there myself."

"Don't be ridiculous!" his father argued. "You are not going anywhere. We'll arrange a meeting and sort this out."

"What do you mean sort this out? My wife has been missing for days, we don't even know if she's still alive. I won't wait for you to schedule a meeting. I'm going there right now."

"Onew!" His father shouted but Onew did not listen. Key followed him right away. "Try to stop him from doing anything foolish."

-

The house is heavily guarded. Key tried to convince Onew to leave and they can come back tomorrow and bring some men for protection but Onew would not listen to him.

"I'm here to get my wife," Onew told one of the guards. They waited for a few minutes before they were finally allowed to come in.

They were met by Luna's mother. She has obviously been drinking. "Oh if it isn't my good son-in-law. What brings you here? I wasn't expecting company."

"We're here for Luna," Key answered.

"Your wife? Why are you looking for her here? Did you lose her?" She then started to laugh loudly. "You lost your wife? You should have put her on leash or something." She continued to laugh that annoyed Onew more but he waited patiently. "She's not here," she said after a while.

"I won't leave without her," Onew said.

"Are you deaf? Did you not hear what I said?" She turned cold towards them. Her eyes focused now on Onew. "Are you suggesting we're keeping her here?" She laughed again, hysterically this time. "She's not here!"

"Then you don't mind us taking a look around?" Key said but Luna's mother threw the glass she was holding almost hitting Onew.

"What are you trying to say? That we have her locked in here? I don't even want to see that 's face in this house! She's not my daughter! She's a monster. A killer!" She stood up and pushed Key away. "I want you out now! How dare you suggest a thing! Go look for your wife somewhere else! Maybe she's dead. Well, I hope she's dead."

"What's going on here?" Luna's father appeared. "Why are you here?"

"We're here to get Luna back. We know she's here," Onew answered. "Don't tell me otherwise, if you don't give her back we'll let the media know she's missing."

"Are you accusing me of keeping my daughter locked in here?"

"I did not say that. What I want is just to get my wife back right now. Or we'll tell the media everything."

"Are you threatening me young man?"

"I'm not making a threat. I will do exactly as I said if you don't give her back right now."

"As if you're family can stand another scandal like this, like your marriage."

"Mr, Park, I'm sure you understand that we're worried for Luna. We know you have her followed so it's surprising that you did not report her missing. She has not come home for days."

"Maybe something happened that made her want to leave? Like maybe, finding out her husband has been seeing his ex-girlfriend."

Onew was about to answer when someone came rushing towards them. She looked like a nurse.

"She's going to jump off the window!"

-

 

A/N: No time to edit or proofread, sorry guys.

Thank you for your continued support for this fic. Hope you guys are well and healthy.