Chapter XI

Till Death Do Us Part

 

 

"You look horrible," Krystal said as she sat opposite Luna. Her brother has been gone for four days and she's not sure when he'll be back. She has not seen Luna since they went shopping and decided to drop by to bother her. She was bored and she didn't have anyone to play with. She was still prohibited from partying or going out of town. "Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?"

Luna shakes her head and took a sip of her lemonade. The sun was shining bright but she was feeling gloomy. She has not slept all right since Onew left and it now obviously shows. "I'm fine."

Krystal snorted but tried to hide it by coughing. "I'm not saying this because I'm worried about you, I don't really care much but if my brother finds out you've been neglecting yourself and I didn't even tell him he'd probably be pissed off at me."

"Onew doesn't care as well."

"That is so not true. Did you forget how angry he was when you were injured?"

"That was because you were hurt."

"I've been his sister the moment I was born. I know my brother. If I say he was worried about you then he is worried about you, okay?" Krystal took her phone out and showed it to Luna. "You want me to prove it to you? I'll call him right now."

"Hey,wait! Don't do that." Luna tried to grab the phone but Krystal stood up and stopped her with one hand on her forehead. "I'm not going to say anything, okay? Just try and listen. I can't say you trust me because I know you won't but just let me prove you wrong." Luna backed down and returned to her seat. Krystal dialed her brother's number but after a few rings he didn't not pick up. 

"See, I told you."

"Just wait, okay? Let me try again." She dialed his number again and this time he picked up. "Onew oppa!" It was Key who answered the phone. "Yah, where's my brother? Give it to him." Another pause, "I want to talk to my brother not you." A few more seconds and Krystal's face lit up. "Oppa, what are you doing?" She was now giving Luna the thumbs up. "I know you're busy but I was just wondering did you call Luna? I saw her just yesterday and she doesn't-" Luna grabbed the phone from her.

"Onew, hey your sister was just kidding. Everything's fine." She waited for a few seconds before Onew replied.

"Sorry for not calling. Got really busy here but I'll be back soon."

"Okay. Uhm, bye." Before Onew could respond Luna already ended the call.

"Yah! What was that? Your conversation did not even last one minute." Krystal took the phone from her and tried to call Onew but his line was now busy.

"Stop bothering him."

"I'm his pretty little sister, it's my job to bother him," Krystal looked at Luna again and can't help but get worried at how she looks. It's pretty obvious that she has not slept well. She remembers the time when Luna stayed with them and the screams she'd hear from her room. "Hey, you look like a zombie."

Luna stood up and went to the kitchen. Krystal followed and opened the fridge, "I'm hungry. Do you want to eat pizza?" No reply. "Or maybe some chicken." She glared at Luna who only stood there with a glass half full of water. "Yah, this is me being nice to you, which almost always doesn't happen. It'd be nice if you say something."

"Okay." Luna said at last. Krystal continued to glare. "Go ahead. Order something but you pay for it."

Thirty minutes later and they have fried chicken and pizza for dinner. Luna found out that Krystal is really just like a kid, getting excited with food and that's how she got Luna to eat too. They decided to watch some movies and Krystal was surprised that Luna has not seen Frozen and that horror movies do not scare her.

"Yah I'm so full."

"Me too."

"You know what? I think I'd sleep over," Kyrstal said and called her mom. She had to ask permission first because she is still being punished. Her mom agreed to let her stay over but she has to come home by morning. "Yah my mom said I can-" Luna was already sleeping. "Tsk, how can she sleep like that and not even help me with cleaning this." Krystal covered Luna with a blanket and did not bother to wake her, she'd just sleep on their bed leaving Luna in the living room.

-

"You told them didn't you?"

"No oppa, I didn't say anything to anyone."

"Now, everyone knows."

"No, no that's not true."

"Dad would punish me, mom would hate me."

"What are you saying?"

"I can't live like this. I can't"

"Oppa, please don't do this. No one knows oppa. No one knows I swear."

"But you know!"

"I won't say anything! I didn't tell anyone I swear."

"One of us has to die to keep this secret."

"No oppa, no please. Please put the gun down."

Jiyong pointed the gun at her and pulled the trigger.

-

Krystal jolted out out of bed when she heard the screams. It was like someone was being attacked. It was horrible and it did not help that she watched a horror movie before sleeping. Her first thought was someone's being attacked then remembered that she's in Onew's apartment and Luna is outside. She scrambled out of bed but was afraid to go out but the screaming would not stop.

She found Luna on the floor screaming her lungs out with her eyes shut and her hands pulling her short hair.

"Luna wake up!" Krystal shook her but Luna continued to scream. "Wake up please." She pulled her arms away from her hair to stop her from hurting herself. "Wake up it's only a nightmare. Wake up!" She finally gathers the courage to slap her and Luna stopped screaming at once.

Luna opened her eyes and saw Krystal in front of her.

"It's just a nightmare Luna, it's not real."

"No you're wrong. Everything is real." Krystal helped her up and got her a glass of water. Luna finished everything in one go. She seemed so thirsty that Krystal decided to give her another glass. "He was good." She started, Krystal looked at her like another person was speaking but ended up sitting beside her and waited for Luna to talk more. "My parents never liked me, I don't really know why but I never felt that they're my parents. Jiyong oppa was nice though. He'd play with me and give me candies when we were young. But my mother would get angry and beat me up. My other sisters never played with me. It felt like not having sisters. I was always isolated. My mother made sure of that. As I grew older the beatings stopped but somehow I even missed that. It was the only time my mother would touch or talk to me. I know it's crazy because it's not really talking or touching but I felt like she still knows I exist. When the beatings stopped, I felt invisible." Luna took a deep breath before continuing. "I was 16 when Jiyong died. I killed him. One day, he came home for vacation. My parents left a day before for a business trip taking my other sisters with them. I was left alone and Jiyong came home with a friend. I was so happy to finally have someone that I would often seek him out, we even eat our meals together. I shouldn't have gone to the garden that night. I didn't know they were there. I saw them kissing."

"What's wrong with them kissing?"

"Jiyong oppa's friend was a guy. It wasn't even a simple kiss. They were making out. I was so shocked that I couldn't move and Jiyong oppa saw me. I swear I never told anyone." Luna started to sob but continued to talk through her tears. "A few days after that, Jiyong oppa called me to his room. He had a gun. I told him I would never say anything to anyone but he won't believe me. He kept saying it's a secret that no one should have known and that one of us has to die. I wished he shot me instead. He said he was sorry and I begged him not to do it. But he shot himself, I wished it was me."

Krystal pulled Luna to herself and cried with her. She could feel the pain and wanted to comfort Luna but she knows no one really can comfort her unless she forgives herself. "It's not your fault."

"Every night I dream of him pulling the trigger and killing me instead. I couldn't sleep for days. My parents blamed me and did not even let me attend his funeral. My mother wanted me dead and that's how I ended up living abroad at 16. I still could not sleep peacefully even after so many years. My body wakes me because I die every time I dream of him."

Krystal continued to hold Luna as she cried, she never really felt pity for anyone but she can't help to feel so for Luna. She saw her brother kill himself and was blamed for it, how she wishes it was her who died that her mind kills her when she sleeps. She didn't know how many hours they stayed like that but both of them ended up asleep on the sofa but when Krystal woke up she was alone and Luna is gone.

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone! I'm sorry to keep you waiting. It's been a while but for those who have waited, here is another chapter and another one would be posted maybe within this week. I just need to review it. As always thank you for leaving a comment. Hope everyone had a good holiday. Happy New Year guys! <3