Kim Jongdae (Chen)

12 Warriors of Exordium

Kim Jongdae


  • Nickname: Chen
  • 19 years old — Sophomore
  • Seoul National University
  • Music Club member
  • Vocalist and guitarist of the band with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo
  • Jolly, witty but super troll, teases everyone, blunt person, emotional, smart but lazy
  • Baekhyun's best friend
  • Lightning
  • Warrior of Nerophius

 

[#JONGDAE]

 

Jongdae enjoyed the pitter-patter of the heavy rain, watching as the dark clouds started to gather above the city. That bus stop had been his small haven in that few minutes of waiting. His own oasis.

Ever since he was young, he liked looking at the sky during storms. The clap of lightning and rumble of thunder calmed him. He wasn't afraid of it. He loved it. His mom would always find him beside his window, looking at the lightning with adoring eyes. It was as if it was calling him.

He saw himself, not in the city but in a very beautiful place. Soldiers saluting him as he passed by, lightning held in his hand.

He closed his eyes and the scene changed. He saw bodies falling one by one, monsters surrounding him, people fighting for their lives, protecting a majestic tree, and blood turning the green grass into a pool of red.

He snapped out of his trance when he noticed a guy running towards the bus stop without an umbrella. Who in this world would brave the heavy rain without any umbrella? Jongdae was ready to open his umbrella for the guy but to his surprise, he's not wet. At all.

"...You're not wet," The petite guy looked at him quizzically, as if he wasn't believing what he heard. He looked at himself, his eyes silently acknowledging what Jongdae said.

The guy got on the bus and Jongdae was left behind again. As the rain slowly stopped, he found himself walking to school instead. He was quite disappointed that despite the heavy rain, there were no lightning.

He found himself in front of the band practice room where his bandmates were waiting for him. A new face was among them, it wasn't hard to not to notice this person. Not because of his looks but there was a faint light eminating from him. Jongdae doesn't know if it was just because he came from the outside.

"Hi! I'm Byun Baekhyun, your new violinist. Please take care of me." The guy beamed at him.

Jongdae closed the door, the clap of lightning and rolling of thunder went unnoticed from afar.