Chapter 28: Astraea...

Boys Over Flowers: Reloaded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello friends, I am back. Yes, today is the White Day, so there should be something good happening in our F3 life. But I would like to apologise in the beginning for my inabilities to depict the action scenes. As I may have already mentioned, I at visualizing action scenes in my mind. And even if I manage to think of it, my limited vocabulary almost makes it impossible to transfer my thoughts on the paper. Anyway, please bear with me. This story should come to an end in max 3 chapters more(?).

I hope you will enjoy this chapter as well.

………………………………….

Ha Jin stared at the elegant wooden house with the interior in complete darkness, as seen through the huge glass walls. She had a feeling that Ji Hoo would not be at home. He would definitely not sit back home, when his presence was needed somewhere else, desperately. Yet, she had wanted to go there, see for herself and negate that tiny bit of doubt lurking at the back of her mind somewhere.

No, he did not abandon me…

She walked back to her car and turned the ignition on. The fuel marker was very close to being empty. Ha Jin looked at it with dismay. Whether she would be able to drive up to Ji Hoo’s hospital, she wondered. Then whispering a silent prayer, she drove off.

In another fifteen minutes, her car started making weird noises, and soon halted with a screech. She turned the ignition key several times, but could not fire up the car engine with any success. She was still several kilometers away from the hospital.

“Please, please! What am I supposed to do now? I don’t have a single penny with me,” cried Ha Jin, resting her head on the steering.

It had started snowing outside. The windscreen was getting covered with the small fluffy bundles of snowflakes. The air-condition inside the car had stopped with the engine, and Ha Jin started feeling the chill both inside her heart and outside. Under her coat, she was wearing a thin cardigan and sweat pants. She started rubbing her arms and palms, and white mists blew through as she exhaled. Suddenly, a thought came to her, numbing her senses.

What if my parents and the Hongs come after me, and drag me back home?...

In a moment she made up her mind. It would be difficult to walk all the way to the hospital in the chilly wind and snow. But she had no way out. And this was her only chance to make her life her own.

Locking her car, she started stepping on the freshly dropped snow and headed towards her only hope.

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The sight of the big hospital building was so overwhelming after her long, painful walk through the biting cold, that Ha Jin almost tumbled on the steps. A black-suited middle-aged gentleman swiftly held her arm, and stopped from falling flat on her face.

“Be careful, miss,” he spoke in a calm tone.

“Th-thank you v-very much,” stuttered Ha Jin, her teeth chattering in the chill.

The man looked at her face intently, a slight frown grew on his face, but he did not speak.

She stared back at him for a moment. He did look vaguely familiar, but in her frigid state she could not torture her mind to remember.

Ha Jin walked up to the reception desk.

“Yes, ma’am. How can I help you?” asked the elderly receptionist.

“Is Dr. Yoon Ji Hoo on duty still?” Ha Jin blurted.

“Let me check,” the old lady replied and made a few calls.

“He should be in the OT now. Do you have an appointment with him? Although I doubt if he is seeing out-patients today.”

Ha Jin closed her eyes, her fingers together in a ball.

“I need to see him, it is urgent,” she muttered.

“But…”

“I am his girlfriend. Please direct me the way to his office, I will wait,” replied Ha Jin sternly.

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Ji Hoo slowly dragged his feet out into the corridor, in front of the OT.

“Ji Hoo, how’s my Yi Jung-ah?”

Ji Hoo looked up to see the worried, wrinkled face of Yi Jung’s father So Jung Il, staring at him expectantly.

Behind him was Il Hyun, equally anxious, and waiting for his reply.

“Yi-Jung… Yi Jung is in the OT. Dr. Lee is operating on his injuries. He will be fine,” he murmured looking down.

The elderly man, who he had always seen as a suave charmer, grasped his hands and uttered with difficulty, “Will he survive? My little boy, will he survive?”

Ji Hoo forced himself to don the face of a doctor, like the one he had been schooled from the beginning of his medical studies.

“Yes, he is in best hands. I am sure he will be ok. Please have faith, Mr. So.”

Il Hyun gently freed Ji Hoo’s hands from his father’s grip and pulled him to the side. Jung Il sat down on a nearby bench, as his legs gave in.

“Ji Hoo, the police had come to enquire about what had happened. They said they would come back once Yi Jung is conscious to give his statement. I still can’t believe who would want to shoot and kill…” his voice broke.

“You were there when Yi Jung was shot?” Ji Hoo asked, grasping his arm.

Il Hyun nodded, with a dejected look in his eyes. Ji Hoo took a deep breath and tried to calm his jittery nerves.

“We were at a distance, having a picnic with the kid. Ga Eul and Yi Jung were walking over the bridge when suddenly we heard Ga Eul’s shriek,” recounted Il Hyun. “By the time we scampered there, Yi Jung-ie was lying on the bridge, in a pool of blood.”

Ji Hoo could only imagine how horrific the scene could be. Several unanswered questions boggled his mind. This was something completely out of the blue. Yi Jung, among all of them should have had the least chance of having an arch nemesis.

“Ga Eul? Where is she now?” he asked and looked around for the nurses who he had spoken to.

“I asked her to go home with Eun Jae and the kid, but she refused. She was then asked by a nurse to go to your office and wait. She looked so shaken, with all that happening in front of her eyes. Who would have wanted to kill our Yi Jung?” mumbled Il Hyun shaking his head.

“Ok, I will go and check on her. In the meanwhile, you please take care of your father here. Have faith, Yi Jung will be fine. He won’t give up this easy. We won’t let him,” spoke Ji Hoo to Il Hyun, as well to himself.

He needed to keep his nerves strong and believe that everything would be ok.

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The effect of the drug, whichever was used on Jae Kyung to make her incapacitated had worn off. Previously, when Woo Bin had stormed in the warehouse, she was still a little drowsy. But she had heard it all, and understood what Do Jung and the rest of the men had in mind for her.

She was locked in one room, tied to a chair and left alone for some time. Initially, she was too shocked with the sudden turn of events. Do Jung bringing her at this warehouse, drugging her, then spewing vicious words about her and Woo Bin, followed by the entrance of a big gang of armed men. Later Woo Bin barging in the warehouse, then overpowered by the gang, being made to choose between her and perhaps his family. And finally, him being dragged out and her being brought to this decrepit room. Now all she could do was to wait. But for what?

Jae Kyung looked at herself and took a deep breath. She never had a loving family for whom she would be ready to give up her life. Yes, she did have close friends and if needed, she would sacrifice everything for them. The distraught face of Woo Bin flashed in her mind, when he was given the choice to save his family or her. He chose his family, and it did not bother her. She was, in fact, proud of him. And she prayed that he would be successful in saving them from the clutches of these killer gang.

But why was he involved with them? And why did Do Jung use her and brought her to this hell? Several questions started clouding her mind, but she shook her head and tried to focus. It was not a time to ponder over what had already happened. She could always seek all the answers in the future, provided she could walk out of this hell alive. And that was exactly what she would do. Escape. Come what may.

Her train of thought was interrupted, when the door was opened and Do Jung sauntered in, closing the door behind him. His eyes were uncanny and his face had a steely expression.

“Your time is up, darling. You have seen and heard enough. And we don’t need you anymore,” he drawled as he came closer.

Jae Kyung stilled herself and racked her brain to come up with some plan. Any plan.

As Do Jung placed his hand on his back to pull out the gun, she stared straight at him, with tears glistening at the corner of her eyes.

“Would you at least grant me a last wish?” she murmured.

He froze for a moment and looked at her intently.

“Did you ever have any feelings for me? When we spent that beautiful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter