Chapter 1: One more time...

Boys Over Flowers: Reloaded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Go Ha Jin was frantically going through her drawers, looking for the report she was supposed to hand over to her manager during the meeting due in another 10 minutes. Suddenly her phone started buzzing, distracting her for a moment. She barely looked at her phone and seeing Ga Eul’s name on the screen huffed and picked up her phone.

“What is it Ga Eul? I am very busy. I can’t find the report in all this mess and my boss will kill me if I do not..”

“Whoa! Whoa, girl! Take a deep breath first. Calm down, I am sure you will find what you are looking for.”

Ha Jin paused her search for a moment and took a deep breath. It did do a miracle in pacifying her frantic nerve. Ga Eul was giggling on the other end of the phone and Ha Jin could hear Jae Kyung’s voice in the background as well.

“What are you two conspiring in my absence?” asked Ha Jin when suddenly her eyes spotted the report in the lowermost drawer and she almost squealed in the phone.

“I found it! Thank god! Yes, Ga Eul, why did you call me say again?”

“You know what? You need a break. And a long one. Come over to my place after work. Jae Kyung is here as well. We will talk then,” replied Ga Eul with her usual calmness and hung up.

4 hours later Ha Jin was driving her car to Ga Eul’s place. She was in a very merry mood, as her project meeting turned out quite well and her effort was appreciated by everyone in the team.

On entering Ga Eul’s house she spotted her other friend Jae Kyung spread over the carpet on the floor, looking intently at something on the laptop.

“Hey Jae Kyung-ah! What are you looking at so intently? Is that about the new pretty boy in the TV drama you went ga-ga over last time?” asked Ha Jin, while trying to push her friend and make space for herself on the floor.

“Hiyah! I do not go ga-ga over any pretty boy!”

Ha Jin rolled her eyes in response and pushed her friend farther to catch what she was looking at on the screen.

“Paradise Resort in New Caledonia? Are you going there for your holidays?” asked Ha Jin with a surprised tone.

“We all are going. Ga Eul, you and me!” stated Jae Kyung nonchalantly.

Ha Jin opened to say something but could not. She closed and opened it again when Ga Eul entered with a tray of snacks and tea.

“Ga Eul! Is this your plan? You know I cannot take any holidays before my wedding and that too Paradise Resort? The exorbitantly expensive Shinwa resort of New Caledonia? Have you lost your mind?” screamed Ha Jin.

“This is the exact reason why I said that you need a long break. You are always so jittery, so impatient. You did not even listen to what we had to say and started screaming!” replied Ga Eul exasperatedly.

Ha Jin looked at both her friends’ faces and immediately felt sorry for her own behavior.

“My apologies girls! I am a bit stressed with work these days. And then all the crazy wedding plannings..”

“We know. That is exactly why we made this plan. There is a long weekend in a couple of weeks and we are just going to go over there for the weekend. You do not have to think about missing your work,” stated Jae Kyung.

“But Paradise Resort?”

“That too is taken care of. My childhood friend Jan Di is married to the Shinwa chairman. She is going to go there to celebrate her first marriage anniversary with few friends. When she heard from me that I am planning to do a hen-party trip for your wedding, she asked me to join them at New Caledonia,” replied Ga Eul with a smile.

“What? Marriage anniversary of the Shinwa chairman? And why would they include commoners like us in their high browed party? And how come you never told us that you have connections in such high-flying circles?” blurted Ha Jin in a single breath.

Ga Eul laughed out seeing her friend’s astonishment.

“Jan Di is from a very humble background just like you and me. We went to the same school in Seoul before my dad got transferred to Tokyo where I met you two. I was in touch with her after that, but not very closely. She had some chance encounters with this notorious gang of filthy rich and popular guys called the F4 and in due time she fell in love with Gu Jun Pyo. And after some ups and downs in all their lives, they eventually got married last year.”

Ha Jin heard the story so far with wide open. Jae Kyung smirked at her expression and lifted her chin up to close .

“But I do not remember you being invited to the grand Shinwa wedding last year,” asked Ha Jin after her initial shock ebbed away.

“Because Jan Di did not know that I was back in Korea. We met at a charity event last week at my school and tried to catch up with all that we have missed in each other’s life in these past years,” replied Ga Eul followed by a little sigh.

“So, the point right now is to book the tickets and prepare for our hen party trip,” squealed Jae Kyung while hugging both her friends merrily.

Rest of the evening was spent in discussing shopping and other activities for their trip.

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“So, who are these people again?” asked Jun Pyo while reading the newspaper and drinking his morning coffee.

“My friend and her friends!” replied Jan Di a little exasperatedly.

Ji Hoo who was sitting on the other side of the breakfast table barely lowered his newspaper to see both Jun Pyo and Jan Di’s expressions.

“And why do they need to be a part of our marriage anniversary?” asked Jun Pyo while getting back to the business news page.

“Because I am bored to be surrounded by you boys all the time!!”

This reply garnered attention of all the four strikingly handsome and unbelievably affluent men sitting around the table.

“Ouch!” exclaimed Woo Bin and touched his heart dramatically.

“Tsk, tsk,” Yi Jung flashed his billion dollars smile and nodded his head in disapproval.

Ji Hoo smirked a little and put down his newspaper on the table, giving his full attention to Jan Di.

“Ji Hoo Sunbae, you have to help me. I promised Ga Eul that her friends would have a nice hen party here, away from the hustle bustle of Seoul. I do not want her to feel stressed just because the great Shinwa Chairman is her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter