Chapter 29: New Way...

Boys Over Flowers: Reloaded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 days after the dreadful evening…

Seoul was lit with bright colourful lights and the thick white snow covered all the buildings and the streets, promising a real White Christmas in a couple of days. The corridors of the hospital were also adorned with bells, wreaths and garlands, producing a merry feeling in the patients and the hospital staff, who were not fortunate enough to spend their Christmas out with their family.

Jeong was sitting in front of the bed on which Woo Bin was resting, with a big bandage around his wounded thigh and bruises all over his body and face.

“The news of the explosions at the Song Tower had reached me through our men almost immediately, even before it was telecasted in the TV. I informed Madam Kang and Master Jun Pyo right away,” spoke Jeong with a serious tone. “It was very early in the morning for Master Jun Pyo, but he immediately grasped the severity of the situation in hand and asked me to locate where you all are and provide tough security.”

“Yes, you did an amazing job with your men in rescuing us in time. And I will forever be indebted to Madam Kang for taking my family in her shelter, out of the reach of media and any further danger,” spoke Woo Bin with a heavy tone. “Is there any more update on my men who were in the Song Towers during the explosion?”

“Apart from the unfortunate fatalities of the two security personnel, the wounded men are being treated and they seem to be out of danger,” remarked Jeong. “Thankfully it was Sunday, and the regular employees of Song Industries were not at work, other than the security personnel.”

“It was a clever tactic to distract all my men, and somehow isolate me and my family, leading us to the trap,” added Woo Bin, enraged.

“Although most of the Kim gang members were apprehended by the police at the warehouse location, Kim Seok and his closest assistant are still at large. He might still be attempting to cause harm to you,” commented Jeong thoughtfully.

“This time, he will die in my hands,” muttered Woo Bin under his breath.

Jeong did not comment on his words. He slowly stood up from his seat and bowed to Woo Bin.

“I will take my leave, Master Song. I hope you recover soon.”

Ji Hoo entered the private cabin about a minute later. Seeing him, Woo Bin’s stony façade softened a bit.

“How are you feeling?” asked Ji Hoo in his characteristic calm tone, as he took a seat beside the bed.

Woo Bin simply snorted.

“I am fit as a fiddle.”

“If you wish, you can be released…” spoke Ji Hoo when he was interrupted.

“I am not leaving this hospital as long as Yi Jung is lying there in the ICU, battling with the wounds inflicted because of me. And you are here; who knows, maybe Kim Seok’s next target,” uttered Woo Bin with vehemence.

Ji Hoo had no words to refute his friend. He just nodded his head in acceptance.

“How are the girls doing?” asked Woo Bin a moment later.

“They are in one of the Shinwa safehouses. Once Yi Jung’s condition becomes more stable, he will be moved there as well,” informed Ji Hoo.

Woo Bin let out a sigh and leaned backwards.

“I failed everyone.”

“It was not in your hands, Woo Bin-ah,” responded Ji Hoo.

“But it all happened because of me. Kim Seok’s grudge against me ruined so many lives. I will never forgive myself for what I brought to my family, my friends and the company. Those men should not have lost their lives, it should have been me,” muttered Woo Bin, as his eyes glistened with a hint of a tear.

“Don’t say that!” exclaimed Ji Hoo, and in moment he was sitting by Woo Bin’s side on the bed, hugging him tightly.

The tight embrace smothered Woo Bin a bit, but he was more surprised by his brooding and usually stoic friend’s sudden burst of intense emotion. When Ji Hoo loosened his hold and held Woo Bin by his shoulders gently, facing him, his eyes shone with unshed tears.

“For some time that evening, it felt like I had lost both you and Yi Jung. It brought me back to the moments I had lost my parents, that same despair and trauma,” he whispered in a shaky voice.

It was Woo Bin’s turn to hug his friend this time, assuring him.

“Don’t worry. Don Juan will not leave you so soon, nor would I let a single scratch come on any of my friends and family again.”

“Just stay safe and strong. We will all be with you in building up the Song empire from its ashes,” said Ji Hoo patting his friend’s arm.

For the first time since the fateful evening, Woo Bin’s face broke in a warm smile.

“Yes, no one can defeat the invincible F4.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The three girls were having their warm cup of coffee next morning. Their jittery nerves had been calmed a little in the past days within the safehouse. Yi Jung’s operation had been successful, although he still needed to be in intensive care unit. Ga Eul had to be sedated on the first night, but then onwards she was much in control of her emotions. Tight security was placed in her house, to keep her mother and aunt safe. Jae Kyung was informed that Do Jung had not died, albeit severely wounded. Both the legal team of Shinwa and Song groups were working fervently, so that she would not be prosecuted for attempted murder, but it would be just a case of self-defense, with charges of abduction, threat, attempted molestation and murder on Do Jung instead.

Apart from that, Ji Hoo’s legal counsel was busy with yet another aspect. Ha Jin’s parents had lodged a police complaint against Ji Hoo for abduction of their daughter, when Ha Jin failed to return home that night. Her father had stormed to the hospital next morning, searching for Ji Hoo and his daughter. Since Ha Jin had already been moved to the safehouse, and it was absolutely impossible to divulge her location to anyone for the safety of the other girls as well, Ji Hoo had to bear the brunt of her father’s wrath and incessant allegation of ‘seducing and manipulating’ his ‘little girl’ out of her marriage and her parents’ control. It was quite a scene that Ji Hoo was confident his hospital staff would not forget for a long time to come. Thankfully, Mr. Jeong and the Shinwa security personnel had intervened, and rescued him from being lynched publicly by Mr. Go.

“Why did we even plan to go to that Paradise Resort for Ha Jin-ah’s hen party? Couldn’t we have done that somewhere here in Seoul, at some night club or something?” mumbled Jae Kyung while twirling the coffee in her mug.

“True! Since then, nothing has been normal in our life. It seems out of all the 25 years of my life, I have had my full quota of adventures and misadventures squeezed in these few months,” drawled Ha Jin, twirling a finger in the curls of her hair.

Ga Eul let out a sigh. She wrapped her arms around her folded legs, pressing them to her chest.

“I don’t know what to think. Perhaps our l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter