Chapter 26: Misery...

Boys Over Flowers: Reloaded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello dear readers... I hope at least a few of you are waiting to know what is going to happen in the story. I am extremely sorry for not being able to keep up with my words (as usual). But I am back and recharged with beautiful memories of Kim Hyun Joong's Isshoni Take My Hand Japan tour :). I have joined a 'Creative Writing' course recently, and to my horror, I am finding all the stupid mistakes I keep on repeating in my writings. I don't think you will see a drastic improvement in my writing, but I will slowly and steadily try to incorporate the things I am learning. Anyway, enough of my rants. Let's get into the story. This one is quite action-packed. Enjoy!

 

Jae Kyung sat in the car as Do Jung drove them off his restaurant. It was a nice cozy lunch at his restaurant, and they talked about her new project and his new recipes. So, overall, it was not bad to spend this afternoon with him, she wondered. Yiruma’s piano music was playing in the car, and in a few minutes, she felt sleepy and closed her eyes.

When her eyes opened, she found herself in completely unfamiliar surroundings. She was sitting on a chair, her neck tilted uncomfortably against the head rest, ending up in a dull ache. She opened her eyes wide rubbing her neck and saw Do Jung sitting on a chair, gazing intently at her.

“Do Jung? Where are we? Why are we here?” she asked him in confusion.

Do Jung kept staring at her strangely, without replying. Jae Kyung wriggled and looked around. It looked like an abandoned warehouse, with some old rickety machineries scattered around. Through some holes on the tall roof she could see the sun light coming through.

“What’s this Do Jung? What kind of a joke is this?” she spat out and stood up.

He stood up leisurely and his lips slightly crooked up at the sides.

“It’s my birthday. So, will have a tiny little party here,” he replied.

“What the…? I told you I have a flight to catch this evening. I have no time for your birthday party, I am sorry, Do Jung. Please show me the way out, and I will get myself a taxi,” saying that angrily, Jae Kyung started walking away.

Do Jung grasped her wrist and with a sudden pull brought her back to him. As she looked at him with shock, he tilted his head slightly and observed her intently.

“Not so soon, Jae Kyung-ah. There’s so much I have to talk about today. How can I let you go so soon?”

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Woo Bin could not shed off the clench in his gut on his way to the farmhouse. He pressed the gas pedal hard, and sped through the expressway, away from the city limits. Loud rock music was blaring off from the speakers in his car when suddenly his phone started ringing. He pressed the button on his steering to pick it up.

“Hey Min Ji…”

“Oppa… Oppaaa…” only wailings could be heard.

“Min Ji… Min Ji-yah? What happened? Why are you crying?” he exclaimed hearing her crying.

“Oppa save us… Opp…” and the line went dead.

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Ga Eul strolled along the walkway by the Han river. The day was indeed nice and sunny, and in spite of the chill in the air it was pleasant to walk with the slight warmth on her skin. At the end of the path she looked up at the highly arched bridge that would take her across to the other side of the river to the Seonyudo Park.

The moment she stepped on the bridge she spotted Yi Jung standing at the top with a gorgeous bunch of pink lilies. He was leaning on the bridge wall, facing the river, away from her. Ga Eul could not help but smile bright as the sun shining high up on the sky. Suddenly, it seemed like the new beginning both of them had been seeking all this while. She paced up, but the steep arch of the bridge slowed her down, and by the time she reached at the top, she was a bit out of breath.

“Are those for me?” she panted while speaking.

Hearing her voice, Yi Jung turned to her instantly and beamed from ear to ear.

“Yes, they are,” he replied and gave her the bouquet.

Ga Eul smelled in the fresh flowers and hugged the bunch close to her chest.

For a moment, both of them were at loss of words.

“Uhm, have they come already?” spoke Ga Eul to break the awkward silence, “I mean, Eun Jae, Young Jin and…”

“Yes, they are there at the park. I just thought, uhm… maybe we could spend few moments here before joining them. But if you want, we can go there now,” he promptly replied.

A slight blush appeared on her cheeks.

“No, it’s fine,” shyly she replied and looked down at her toes.

He gently held her hand in his palms, and uttered, “I am sorry, Ga Eul, for all the pain and tears I brought to you. Would you please let me explain everything once?”

She looked up at his eyes and in a soft yet distinct tone asked, “Can we skip this ‘saying sorry and explaining’ part, and just start everything afresh?”

For a moment, Yi Jung could not believe what he heard. He stared at her in amazement and slowly a smile crept in his face.

“I never thought I could fall more in love with you than this. Guess I was wrong,” he spoke and brushed his lips on her delicate fingers.

Had it been a couple of months before, Ga Eul would definitely have dismissed his confession as a playboy’s ‘smooth talk’, but at that moment she did not doubt his sincerity. Just that she did not have words to reciprocate her feelings.

Yi Jung sensed her unease, and assured her calmly, “It’s ok, Ga Eul. You do not have to say it in words. I can feel it,” and pulled her in an embrace.

She felt the heat emanating from her cheeks, and hid her face in his chest.

And then it all happened in a fraction of second.

Yi Jung was whispering some sweet nothings in her ear, when suddenly his eyes rounded up, and he shouted, “Ga Eul!” before trying to cover her and duck down.

All Ga Eul could hear was a very swift ‘swoosh’ sound, before she fell flat on her back on the bridge, with Yi Jung on top of her.

“Yi Jung! Yi Jung? What h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter