Chapter 13: Lucky guy...

Boys Over Flowers: Reloaded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ha Jin returned to Ji Hoo’s quarter late in the afternoon. She had an enjoyable experience going around the beautiful temples and the ruins, located amidst thick forest and the serene nature. She deliberately left Angkor Wat for the next day, as Ji Hoo had promised to take her there for the sunrise.

After taking a long shower, she made herself a cup of tea and started preparing for dinner. She had already decided that while she was there, she would make sure that he ate well. He seemed too busy with his work to have a good meal every day. Looking at and around the kitchenette, she found few packets of instant noodles, and other dried or canned foods.

“The great doctor is out there curing the whole world, but has no time to feed himself anything healthy,” huffed Ha Jin.

She quickly called the tuktuk driver she had been with the whole day and requested him to take her to the nearest supermarket. And, to her surprise, she did find a lot of ingredients that she could use to make some simple yet delicious Korean dishes. Happily, she returned, and started preparing right away.

Ha Jin finished preparing the dinner in the next two hours, then set the dining table with all the dishes and sides she had prepared. She felt quite proud of her achievement, looking at the spread of food in front of her.

“I hope Ji Hoo enjoys the food,” she spoke to herself with slight nervousness.

It was 9 o’clock in the evening, still no sign of Ji Hoo. Ha Jin roamed around the rooms, picking up the few books that she found lying scattered. Finding them to be all books on medicines and surgeries, she sighed deeply and kept them back at their respective places. Then her eyes fell on the small television.

“Let’s see some Khmer TV shows,” announced Ha Jin and made herself comfortable on the couch.

She found a Thai channel airing some romance drama. There was no subtitle, but she could make out the gist from the actions and expressions. Soon, she got engrossed in the drama.

It was almost 10 in the night, when Ha Jin heard a faint knock at the door. Opening the door, she found an extremely exhausted Ji Hoo.

“Hey, had a good day?” he murmured.

“It was amazing. How about you?” she asked.

“Not bad, just a bit exhausted. I am sorry I could not come back early,” replied Ji Hoo with a grunt and collapsed on the couch, his head resting back.

“It’s okay. I made myself busy.”

Ji Hoo looked up at the sound coming from the television.

“You came all the way to Cambodia, and I am such a bad host, I made you watch TV soaps all evening. I am so sorry, Ha Jin,” he apologized, palming his face.

“No, not that! I cooked dinner for yo…us,” she replied eagerly.

“Oh, Ha Jin. You did not need to take so much trouble. I could have ordered something from the nearby restaurant,” he stated.

“It was not a big task cooking a dinner, and I thought you would like to eat some home-cooked food,” murmured Ha Jin, looking down at her feet.

Ji Hoo saw her downcast eyes and immediately snubbed himself inwardly for dispiriting her effort.

“I am sorry, Ha Jin. Of course, I would be happy to eat the food cooked by you,” he said smilingly and pulled her to sit beside him on the couch.

As she sat down, he leaned on her, resting his head on her shoulder.

“It is so good to see you here, Ha Jin,” he said with a sigh.

Feeling his head getting heavier on her shoulders, she shook him lightly.

“Hey, go take a shower. Then we will have our dinner. I am starving,” she said, pushing him back.

“Sure,” replied Ji Hoo, pulled himself up and went in.

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Woo Bin was content. The Kim gang notoriety seemed to be receding in the past few days. Although the kingpin Kim Seok was still hiding, and his face and whereabouts were still unknown to Woo Bin’s men; there had not been any ‘incident’ lately. Maybe, it was too early to be complacent, but he could not help feeling the relief of not hearing news of any more fatality of his men.

Maybe, he realised how difficult it is to break the Song empire with such nefarious acts? Or, is it the lull before the storm?

Woo Bin’s forehead furrowed with the possibilities. He had to be more careful henceforth. He still had a lot to prove to his father as the true successor of the Song empire.

Heaving out a sigh, he closed his eyes. It was after a long time that he was in bed at the normal hour. He wanted to catch up with the hours of sleep he had lost in the past couple of months. But, his exhausted mind was yet to process that, so sleep seemed a long way to come.

All his gray thoughts about his business and the Kim gang got slowly replaced with the colourful images of the picnic he had with his sisters and friends. And that reminded her of Ga Eul, and a smile broke in his face.

When did I start liking her, more than a friend?

He recalled their time together at the Paradise resort, at Gu mansion, and then at Yi Jung’s place. It was too short a time to come to any conclusion about his feelings.

But is it really that short?

He was the Don Juan, for God’s sake. He did not need months to take a liking to a beautiful girl. Rather, by that time he needed to think of ways to get rid of those pesky girls and move on.

But that is the problem. Ga Eul is not one of them, for sure.

Her smiling face, her expressive eyes, her calm demeanour, these all appealed to him. And he wanted to wipe out all traces of grief from her eyes. His protectiveness went on overdrive every time he thought about her. But now he wanted to know more about her. He wanted to know about everything that made her happy. Suddenly, all his confidence as Don Juan in ‘girl matters’ started shaking. Surely, this was not a chasing game. This was something he had never felt before. Thus, he was not sure of.

Woo Bin did not want to scare her with his new-found feelings. He would have to be careful and tread cautious steps. He needed help with that. And he knew the person precisely, who would be able to help him with this.

He checked his watch. It was very late in the night, but it was Sunday the next day. So, he dialed the number.

“Hello, Woo Bin,” Jae Kyung answered the call after the first few rings.

“Hey Monkey, wassup?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter