Chapter 2: Nothing on you

Boys Over Flowers: Reloaded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next morning Jae Kyung woke up very early and went out with her camera. She wanted to take photographs of the sun rising over the horizon from the hilltop. It was still quite dark, although the eastern sky was brightening up as the sun was about to rise. She hiked up the rocky path of the hills and came to a vantage point where the view was breath-taking. She placed her tripod and started adjusting her camera just at the edge of the cliff. The cool breeze, accompanied with the chirping of the little birds welcoming the dawn made Jae Kyung smile and take a deep breath.

As she spotted the faintest of the sunrays coming up, she looked through the view finder and started adjusting the focus. Suddenly a bird flew very close over her head, hooting shrilly through the silence of the dawn. Jae Kyung was so stunned by the suddenness of the noise, that she lost her footing close to the cliff and stumbled to her side, very close to the edge of the cliff.

It all happened in a flash of a moment. Jae Kyung threw her hands in air, trying to hold on something in vain as she slipped over the cliff edge, when a strong hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her back on the cliff.

“Are you ok?”

Jae Kyung was breathing heavily and her eyes were shut. was dry and mind completely hazed. The strong hand left her wrist and touched her shoulders.

“Jae Kyung, are you ok?”.

Jae Kyung opened her eyes to see the face of the voice. It was Woo Bin, looking intently at her face. She straightened herself and got herself free from his hold.

“I am fine. Thanks!”

She turned her back and started picking up her camera and tripod.

“The sun is just coming out. You will miss this view if you do not capture it right now. Who knows, tomorrow it might rain and you miss the sunrise,” said Woo Bin while walking back few steps.

Jae Kyung turned to him and looked with a mixed expression of confusion and annoyance. The so-called ‘Don Juan’ was the last person she would wait to be rescued by.

Looking at her frowning face, Woo Bin raised his hands and walked back even further, smiling.

“I am leaving. Carry on with your photography.”

He turned back and continued running down the rocky path. It was then Jae Kyung noticed that he was in his sportswear, must have been running on the hills when he found her falling over the cliff edge. She felt ashamed of her judgemental attitude towards him, despite being saved by him from a major accident, or even death.

I am sorry, but I could not help being sceptical.

Rich and handsome guys like him barely regarded commoners like her as human beings, and could easily play with their emotions. She had seen several likes of him in her career as a fashion photographer. So many times, she had been tempted to fall for such gorgeous guys, but good for her, she had known about the dark side of the picture too soon in life. She had become sceptical, always doubting sugar-coated words and charms from men of money and success.

Nevertheless, today her behaviour had been unwarranted for. She decided to apologise and sincerely thank him when they meet next time.

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Ga Eul and Ha Jin were at the breakfast table when Jae Kyung joined them.

“Hey, how was your sunrise photography?” asked Ga Eul.

“Hmm, could not get many. I was late in the morning,” lied Jae Kyung while taking her food.

“Oh ok. Wake up early tomorrow.”

“Hmm.”

“Ha Jin, when did you come back last night? I waited for you and then fell asleep,” asked Ga Eul.

“Uhmm. I got lost on my way back.”

“What?!!”

“Yes, I had to find the way to the reception and then came back from there.”

“Ha Jin, you will never grow up! You always need a chaperone to take care of you,” laughed Jae Kyung.

“No, I don’t!” huffed Ha Jin and stuffed with a pancake.

She was keen to talk to Ga Eul about her last night’s misadventure. But knowing Ga Eul’s no-trash-talk nature, she did not have the courage to bring up the topic.

“Good morning girls!” greeted Jan Di as she joined them at their table, “So, what’s the plan today?”

“Bathing in the sea,” commented Jae Kyung dreamily.

“Not bad, not bad. I am going to join you girls as well. The boys are going for diving all day,” replied Jan Di gleefully.

Ha Jin scrutinised Jan Di with a neutral expression on her face. How could someone seemingly so much in love with her husband be crying in another man’s embrace, looking for consolation? Ha Jin’s orthodox upbringing did not allow her to think of any premise where a lover and a soulmate were not the same person.

“And there is something special to follow in the evening.”

“What is that?”

“Despite wanting this trip to be very private, Jun Pyo’s very close business associates and some other friends wanted to celebrate our anniversary with us. They will be arriving here just for the evening and there would be a masquerade party on the yacht. You have to join us there.”

The girls all looked at Jan Di with their eyes and mouth wide open.

“A masquerade? On a yacht? Could this be any fancier?” asked Ga Eul.

“I know. Life with F4 can be over the top at times. But who cares? We all will be in masks. So, no one will recognise us,” replied Jan Di excitedly.

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

All day the girls swam in the sea and enjoyed the sunny weather. Ha Jin’s reservation about Jan Di also faded away as she got to know the latter closely through the day. After having lunch and lazing out in the sun, they again went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter