Chapter 10

Be Mine

"Dad, -"
"Don't. If this is how you live, I'm nothing to you. Nothing." Tears shining in her eyes Mina tried to grab her dad's arm, but he just threw her into the wall. He grabbed her by the wrist and punched her in the face, bruising her cheek. Jeongyeon leaped forward and shoved him away, grabbing Mina and dragging her with her. She could see Mina struggling to see through tears and picked her up, carrying her like a baby, Mina curling up to try and hold her tears in. Jeongyeon put her on her bed when she got home. 

Mina cried like her lungs were on fire, Jeongyeon going to leave, until she felt a face in her back and hands holding her shoulders for support. "Don't leave."she choked out. Jeongyeon turned around and embraced Mina wanting to absorb her pain, knowing how she felt already. She layed down with two hands clinging to her shirt for dear life, slowly loosening as the owner fell asleep. She watched her all night, not falling asleep once. 

Mina woke up to find herself staring at Jeongyeon's cringey t-shirt, a 'standing next to stupid' shirt. She giggled despite what happened last night. She didn't want to dwell on the negatives, with a positive like Jeongyeon she could look forward to today- maybe. 

"So you're awake?" Jeongyeon croaked, her voice unused for many hours. Mina nodded. She looked up. Jeongyeon was gravely watching her, sadness also in her eyes. She kissed Mina's forehead and went back to watching her like she was the only thing in the world. Mina pulled Jeongyeon closer and kissed her, losing herself in Jeongyeon's soft lips. . . 

Ding dong

"Damn."
"What?"
"I invited the girls over for girls movie day, like all day." 
"Don't keep them waiting then."
"What about your face?" Jeongyeon the bruise barely touching it.

"Where's your make up?"