Chapter 12

Be Mine

"I'll be back in a minute. It's nothing I'm sure." Jeongyeon went to leave but was kept in place by Mina holding her collar. "Please don't." Jeongyeon was about to give in and lay down, but the banging came again, bolder and faster. This made Jeongyeon so angry. She put her hands​ over Mina's. 

"It's me, I'll be ok. Trust me." Mina slowly released her clenched hands, settling for a quick kiss before Jeongyeon went spare from the banging. 

"Who the hell are you to bang on my door at this time at night!"

Jeongyeon went reeling back as Mina's father punched her square in the jaw. Feeling the bruising spot tentatively, Jeongyeon shoved Mina's father outside and closed the door behind her. 

"I've had enough. Is this your default way to deal with something you don't like? Punch it like it's gonna go away?"

"Well it might be the cure for your disease! You infected my daughter!" He threw another punch, but Jeongyeon caught it and swiftly twisted his arm behind his back, not enough to break it, but enough to show him she meant business. 

"Why are you here?"
"To take my daughter back."
"No. Beat it."
"NO! SHE'S NOT YOURS!"
"SHE'S NOT ANYONE'S TO CONTROL OR OWN!"

The man started laughing maniacally. "We know how you feel about control don't we? Kicked out because you were how were you are and you wanted to take your courses in music and dance. We know you're life was carefully controlled by a homophobic father who wanted a son."

"But. . . I've never told anyone that. . . How do you know?" Mr. Myoui just kept laughing until the was no more air in his lungs. Jeongyeon wrenched his arm up. "How. Do. You. Know."

"I'm the new councillor at school. I have to know. I'm glad someone like you had such a bad history. It makes me happier about myself."

"It shouldn't, Dad." Mina held a pressure point Jeongyeon couldn't see, rendering her father unconscious. Jeongyeon carried her back inside after she crumpled near his collapsed figure. She cried harder than the first time, Jeongyeon feeling so helpless, the only thing she felt was making life harder by being with Mina.

"Mina?" Mina looked up, her eyes sore and puffy.

"Why are you still with me? You could be with your father but instead crying on my shoulder when I'm the probl-"
Mina placed her lips lightly on Jeongyeon's, only enough to stop her talking.

"You'll never be a problem. How can a problem make some one happy?"

Jeongyeon hugged her to her chest. She curled up to sleep, when the was a small knock. "Yes?''

Jihyo spoke through the door, "Is everything ok? I heard shouting from outside and crying from in here."

"Jeongyeon smiled briefly at her friend's worry for everyone else. "It's ok now. Don't worry about us. Just please make sure Momo doesn't eat all my food."

Jihyo chuckled. "Sure. Enjoy the rest of your night."

Jeongyeon had temporarily forgotten that Mina was drunk. She only remembered when she started smelling her shirt and clinging to it like it was life itself. She also basically wrapped herself fully around Jeongyeon. "I I I I I I never knew abbbbbbbout your childhood. I'm sorry my father is so cruel. Am I ever cruel to you? Or anyone? Or you?"

"Go to sleep."
"I don't want to." 
Jeongyeon just looked at her for a while, marveling in how cute she could look by just pouting like that.
"To be honest, nor do I. Let's watch TV." Mina smiled like an angel and got up to go downstairs, but cried out in pain as soon as she got up, falling to the side. She pouted sadly. She looked at her leg and started crying again. "Mina?!"

Jeongyeon came to look at her leg. The skin​ was torn up badly from the knee all the way down the shin. Feeling around, Jeongyeon also found a pulled muscle. She picked Mina up and took her to the bathroom. "I've really got to stop carrying you around." Mina seemed to be sobering up as the full extent of her father's visit sank in. "Jeongyeon, is your chin bruising?" 

"Well you should be able to see that."
"No, does the skin actually feel bruised?"
Jeongyeon pressed lightly on the place where she was punched, testing it and finding she could knock on her chin without it hurting. "Nope. Hasn't bruised."

Mina sighed. "He didn't punch to hurt."

"Well it hurt bad enough."
" I mean longer term. He's a psycho -analyser not the new councillor. He was gauging your reaction not trying to hurt you. He knew about your dad because of the way you responded and the way you restrained him. He's trying to find out personal things about you to hurt you."

"Deep. Bloody hell, where is he going to go with it? This is gonna hurt." Jeongyeon applied antiseptic to Mina's skin. She gripped Jeongyeon's shoulder. 

"I don't know his end game, but last time it ended with someone's death."